New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,361  
It's such an easy thing to fix that it takes less time to type this than to fix the problem. And the people that spend less also get to avoid inflation and interest rates.

rScotty
There is no way for anyone to avoid inflation, unless they don't buy food and then they die so I guess they would not see the runaway inflation in the grocery store.
Money policies created the mess we're in and it is not a simple fix to get back to the good old days of 2020.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,362  
That’s kind of like saying “there’s icebergs in the area, but we’re on the unsinkable Titanic“.
Maybe you personally for one are ok, but if many of your neighbors are not, your world can still collapse around you.
I don’t believe you know anything about my neighborhood, it is mostly high-end professionals, lot’s doctors and medical types. From my point of view things are pretty good. if things collapse around me, I won’t really know it because the world as we know today it will have ended by that time.

If someone made choices earlier in their life that have now come back to haunt them that’s not the fault of the government or the economy. That’s the consequences of their choices. When people make investment choices, they always have to balance risk against reward, or as I like to say, pigs get fat - hogs get slaughtered. I’ve always accepted the consequences of my bad choices and learned from them. If all you do is blame other people or things for your situation, then you will never accept your own failure and learn from it.

I do have concern for other people, but I don’t let other people’s weaknesses become mine. If you spend all your time focusing on the doom and gloom, then the opportunities pass you by.

I have experienced plenty of failure in my life, but I don’t let it cloud my optimism for change and future success. You get dealt a hand of cards and need to learn how to play them.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,363  
There is indeed a shrinking work force. Demographics tell the story that most western countries are an aging population with fewer young people to to fill in behind retirees.
Yes, you are correct. I was born in 1955, which was the middle year of the baby boom, we are all retiring, and with us go all the skill sets that are so sorely needed right now. In the past immigration played a large part in solving the labor problems in the US, right now, that is a sore subject to many people.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,364  
I don’t believe you know anything about my neighborhood, it is mostly high-end professionals, lot’s doctors and medical types. From my point of view things are pretty good. if things collapse around me, I won’t really know it because the world as we know today it will have ended by that time.

If someone made choices earlier in their life that have now come back to haunt them that’s not the fault of the government or the economy. That’s the consequences of their choices. When people make investment choices, they always have to balance risk against reward, or as I like to say, pigs get fat - hogs get slaughtered. I’ve always accepted the consequences of my bad choices and learned from them. If all you do is blame other people or things for your situation, then you will never accept your own failure and learn from it.

I do have concern for other people, but I don’t let other people’s weaknesses become mine. If you spend all your time focusing on the doom and gloom, then the opportunities pass you by.

I have experienced plenty of failure in my life, but I don’t let it cloud my optimism for change and future success. You get dealt a hand of cards and need to learn how to play them.
In fact, I do know about a neighborhood like yours. My neighborhood is similar doctors, lawyers and company execs. Across the street-2 PhD’s, next door on one side-marketing executive, on the other side a Delaware Real Estate mogul. 2 doors down, a cardiac surgeon….you get the point.

Personally, I’m not in a bad situation at all, but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t complain about the current economic crisis. I have empathy for people who are going through these tough times and have no hope. I have been there. Young people just starting out, someone struggling to get kids through college, a single parent.….

I’m doing fine now, but still sympathize for those who are struggling.

My bigger point is, when people begin to get hungry and run out of money, you won’t be able to isolate yourself, even if you are a wealthy person in a castle.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,365  
Yes, you are correct. I was born in 1955, which was the middle year of the baby boom, we are all retiring, and with us go all the skill sets that are so sorely needed right now. In the past immigration played a large part in solving the labor problems in the US, right now, that is a sore subject to many people.

There’s more immigration now than ever in the history of this country.
Many of the baby boomers (I’m too young to be one) passed on their trades & skills to their kids as my dad did with me. In fact, my fathers friends did the same with their sons and now I work with them!
I DON’T see a lack of people available to do skilled labor AT ALL. Trade schools are filled with students.
I DO see a lack of people available to do unskilled and semi-skilled labor. One of the major contributors to this is the perception youth has of this type of work. They have been brainwashed into believing this type of work carries no honor and you are some kind of “loser” for not going to college or at least a trade school.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,366  
In fact, I do know about a neighborhood like yours. My neighborhood is similar doctors, lawyers and company execs. Across the street-2 PhD’s, next door on one side-marketing executive, on the other side a Delaware Real Estate mogul. 2 doors down, a cardiac surgeon….you get the point.

Personally, I’m not in a bad situation at all, but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t complain about the current economic crisis. I have empathy for people who are going through these tough times and have no hope. I have been there. Young people just starting out, someone struggling to get kids through college, a single parent.….

I’m doing fine now, but still sympathize for those who are struggling.

My bigger point is, when people begin to get hungry and run out of money, you won’t be able to isolate yourself, even if you are a wealthy person in a castle.
Yeah, I picked up that you are doing good. You are a hard-working person that has made good choices.

We have a social safety net in this country that will take care of most people, the problem begins when it is expected to take care of all people. I grew up in a poor family, we did have indoor plumbing ( one bath for 11 people ) but we had a coal furnace that really required a lot of attention. I remember standing in the welfare line with my mother and my siblings, waiting for our turn to get to the truck that distributed the government food, I was highly embarrassed. I swore as a child that I would never be at the mercy of another person or a system again.
i’m not a coldhearted SOB, in fact, many of my right wing buddies think I’m a little bit to the left, and they would be wrong. I just believe that there is a lot of opportunity and we need to make people aware of that opportunity and quit rewarding them for taking the easy way out.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,367  
You can find examples of various experts testifying the economy was sound right up until the 2008 melt down.

I don't recall the FDIC paying off every depositor in a failed bank even if they had more in the bank than the FDIC insurance limit but they did it for SVB and Signature Bank depositors based on a finding of "systemic risk." Joint Statement by the Department of the Treasury, Federal Reserve, and FDIC

Roughly speaking, a finding of systemic risk requires the FDIC to decide that it's worth incurring the extra cost of paying off even uninsured depositors of a failed bank if overall it avoids incurring greater losses down the road if the run on the bank mentality could spread to other banks.

Make of this what you will, but my personal opinion is, setting aside all of the public assurances that things are okay, they were scared poopless than the quick failure of these two banks was going to spread if they didn't immediately douse the fire.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,368  
There’s more immigration now than ever in the history of this country.
Many of the baby boomers (I’m too young to be one) passed on their trades & skills to their kids as my dad did with me. In fact, my fathers friends did the same with their sons and now I work with them!
I DON’T see a lack of people available to do skilled labor AT ALL. Trade schools are filled with students.
I DO see a lack of people available to do unskilled and semi-skilled labor. One of the major contributors to this is the perception youth has of this type of work. They have been brainwashed into believing this type of work carries no honor and you are some kind of “loser” for not going to college or at least a trade school.
I don’t agree with your statement that there’s plenty of skilled people, I’m trying to get a new house built up on our northern Michigan property and all the builders here tell me it will it be at least two years before they can get a start because they can’t find skilled people. The framing, and drywall crews around here are all from southern America, they are brought up here on some kind of a program for a period of time and then have to go home. Similar to what all the large farms around me are doing right now.

The business I sold three years ago is crying for skilled CNC people, the schools are not putting out enough new people. I do agree that a lot of the young people today don’t see a future in working in a factory but maybe that’s because they saw their fathers and mothers get laid off during the 2001 and 2008 great recessions.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,370  
I don’t agree with your statement that there’s plenty of skilled people, I’m trying to get a new house built up on our northern Michigan property and all the builders here tell me it will it be at least two years before they can get a start because they can’t find skilled people. The framing, and drywall crews around here are all from southern America, they are brought up here on some kind of a program for a period of time and then have to go home. Similar to what all the large farms around me are doing right now.

The business I sold three years ago is crying for skilled CNC people, the schools are not putting out enough new people. I do agree that a lot of the young people today don’t see a future in working in a factory but maybe that’s because they saw their fathers and mothers get laid off during the 2001 and 2008 great recessions.

Maybe regional. Around here...and specific to a friends business he cannot find skilled carpenters. Even offers sign up bonuses. An HVAC business moved into recently, has a sign up looking for techs, across the road from them, a builder looking for skilled carpenters, laborers and foremen. The electricians I can get a hold of, two to four weeks out. The one I landed a while back, four weeks out. Have yet to have success getting a plumber out for an estimate. I try and support small business, I feel the fleet techs and companies, IMHO, are way overpriced.

Recall a while back I ask a guy while he was here to look at a shower cartridge replacement, well over 450 dollars. It's a free part from the manufacturer, or buy it and the tool at your favorite big box store for 60 bucks.

Heck it took close to a year to line up insurance, material and contractors for a roof replacement.

Somethings are just not right...

Status
Not open for further replies.