New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining
#1,881  
As Mike, pointed out in an earlier video March and April are the compact tractor industry's biggest months of the year. I haven't seen any AEM report for April yet but when I do I will post it.

Last edited:
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,886  
Our over the stove mounted microwave was something like $130 20 years ago. The replacement, on Black Friday sale, was about $275 two years ago.

Our over-the-stove GE Microwave went out last week. No heat, no fan, cold coffee - not fun. They seem to last ten years at our house..

So I got to thinking about that first time that microwave broke. That first time it happened I had the original appliance guy install a replacement for about $700. Scheduling and earning the money took half the week.

Second time it happened I picked up the same model at Home Depot & bolted it in myself for half the price. One evening and a trip to the appliance dump. Call it half a day and half the price.

Last week like clockwork we hit the ten year b-day and it quit again. This time I looked at some videos on line, ordered three new microswitches on Amazon for $9.00 . Switches showed up on my doorstep in a few days & I fixed it myself. Took about a total of half an hour.

So much for financial recession downsides. Cars & tractor & housess are easy to fix, too.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,887  
Well, I bought a microwave yesterday for $89! I can remember when they used to cost $1000! I guess we must be in a deflationary period?
Wow! A $1,000 dollars, huh? You must be really old. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,888  
No scotty.

There are no opinions in science. There are hypothesis and they either are proven to be false or true. When they are proven to be false, it would help for people to say their hypothesis was not correct. If they try to play the "opinion" angle, it leaves the door open to never having to admit their thinking was not correct.

The age old game in science.
Like the bat caused corona virus hypothesis.
The lab leak hypothesis got crushed, “conspiracy theory“, “racist”. The G________t and the corporate media said so.
Still waiting for the bat virus hypothesis people to admit they weren’t correct and the lab leak people to be apologized to for being called “racist”. Ask Dr. Robert Redfield. He ran the CDC and was called a racist for simply suggesting he thought the corona virus came from a chinese lab. Now we all know.

He may be waiting a long time for that apology. Oh and BTW 500 new billionaires were created during 20-21 covid crisis. 😂

Then there’s the global climate crisis hypothesis. So we buy billions of chinese made solar panels, some being made with slave labor for the last 10 years. Wonder when the G_______t will admit we bought billions of chinese made solar panels, some made with slave labor on questionable science? And where’s the outrage from the almighty and virtuous elite class on that?

Will we have another moment like the corona virus, where the hypothesis of global climate change all comes crashing down? Now we are committing trillions.
Probably not before trillions are spent and a very small group of people make billions. ;)

Last edited:
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,889  
Well, I bought a microwave yesterday for $89! I can remember when they used to cost $1000! I guess we must be in a deflationary period?

Apples to Oranges.
I never saw one for $1000, but bought one 30+ yrs ago for $400 or so and it lasted 28 years. The $89 ones are tiny and might last a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.