• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page

Who's got one?

/ Who's got one? #41  
yeah there is a lever down below the seat but it is very=very hard to reach and push down.bought it for the options and price
I looked at the Summit 25 hp at Atwoods website. After 8% interest for 5 years the total comes to $23,716.
You could get a Kubota L2501 with the same options for a little more at 0% interest for up to 6 years.

/ Who's got one? #42  
I looked at the Summit 25 hp at Atwoods website. After 8% interest for 5 years the total comes to $23,716.
You could get a Kubota L2501 with the same options for a little more at 0% interest for up to 6 years.
i looked at them i have a new kubota mini excavator they offer a good deal but i can't do the rocker foot control on a kubota and kubota didn't have a few of the options available loaded tires adjustable seat trailer wiring ft and rear tow hitch self leaving fel on a lot of the compact models plus price give me for a 2601 was 24kjust tractor and fel

/ Who's got one? #43  
We decided on Thursday to make the purchase. I called the Atwood store in Joplin, got some information and told them we would be there on Saturday. We got up 5:30am, I loaded the trailer onto the truck and we were on the road to Joplin. Two and a half hours and a Billy Sims lunch later we arrived at the Atwood store. They were fairly busy, but once I told them we were there to buy a Summit tractor they sprang into action. We looked over the tractor with the store managers and asked if they would do a package deal. We left the store with much more than we anticipated. A Summit GX54 GRAPPLE, a box plane, a garden tiller, and a 6' 3 point rock rake. Oh, and a new Summit TX25H tractor & LX85 Loader too! All for less than the starting price of any of Summit's competitors tractors. A tractor and four major implements for LESS than the cost of an X name tractor, without most the standard features the Summit has. I am looking forward to unloading our new tractor tomorrow morning and getting to work on our new garden. This is my first tractor and I think I made a great choice to go with the Summit TX25 tractor.

We have a 10 acre heavily wooded property in Green View, MO. and this Summit tractor is going to, I believe, be the perfect size and power for me to get the work done I want to. I first found out about this tractor through the Good Works Tractor youtube account. After watching most all the videos they have on the Summit tractor I was sold. A huge shout out to the Atwood manager and her crew, they went above and beyond for us. They told us we got the seventh tractor sold from that store, and we can't be any prouder about it.

Please hang around and let us know how the Summit works out for you, and we would love to see photos!

/ Who's got one? #44  
I got one tx25 bought it 5/2/23 at Clarion PA. do yourself a favor and get on the tractor and try actually starting the tractor -like key placement-and operating the tractor controls like the handle placement for rear hydraulic against seat and leg very uncomfortable,placement of the 4x4 control.i'm serious look at these at 73 years old and little heavy you can't do anything with them.i have to get off tractor to put it in 4x4 then get back on .now be sure to check all hydraulic connections had three leaking and have one i can't get to stop yet have a call into summit for a new hose and fitting but haven't had a call back yet.well enough ranting just glad i haven't sold my rk19 yet
Hello! We are very sorry to hear that you are having trouble with one of your hydraulic connections. Please give us a call or message us your contact information and we will have a service manager reach out to you ASAP!

/ Who's got one? #45  
Hello! We are very sorry to hear that you are having trouble with one of your hydraulic connections. Please give us a call or message us your contact information and we will have a service manager reach out to you ASAP!
i have already contacted someone and parts are on there way ordered them on Monday only have two hours on it .

/ Who's got one? #46  
I have about 25 hours on the TX25 now. No regrets or major issues to report so far. I was greasing the loader and there is one pin I could not get grease into. I pulled the pin out and couldn't find any obvious issue. I ran some grease through it and cleaned out the pin hole and put it back together. I was able to get some grease to go in but then it got tough to pump again. I ordered a Locknlube so I will see if that helps.

So far, I have used it to dig up some stumps, yard clean up with grapple bucket, spread 24 yards of garden soil, clean up a trash pile, gravel driveway repair and reconditioning, till a 48'x48' garden, row bed the garden.

This weekend I will use it to start putting in a path to the lower portion of the property. I have two large trees that fell down recently and need to be cleaned up. I have old buildings on the property that I am demolishing and loading into a trailer to haul off. There are also some old trash piles to clean up from the past owners.

Last edited:
   / Who's got one? #47  
I have about 25 hours on the TX25 now. No regrets or issues of any importance to report so far. I was greasing the loader and there is one pin I could not get grease into. I pulled the pin out and couldn't find any obvious issue. I ran some grease through it and cleaned out the pin hole and put it back together. I was able to get some grease to go in but then it got tough to pump again. I ordered a Locknlube so I will see if that helps. I have used it to dig up some stumps, yard clean up, spread 24 yards of garden soil, clean up a trash pile, gravel drive way repair and reconditioning, till a 48'x48' garden, row bed the garden. This weekend I will use it to start putting in a path to the lower portion of the property. I have two large trees that fell down recently and need to be cleaned up. I have old buildings on the property that I am demolishing and loading into a trailer to haul off. There are also some old trash piles to clean up.
Surprised nobody's asked for pics yet!
So... pics?

/ Who's got one? #48  
Bear in mind this is my first tractor, so my observations are not colored or biased by any other brand or tractor. I have only ever rented and operated a small skid steer and excavator.

1. Quality of the unit
I am pleased with the quality of the unit so far. Fit and finish is very good in my opinion.
2. Reliability of the unit
30 hours on the clock and no major issues. There is a pin on the loader that is not taking grease, but it could be just a tight tolerance and will wear in over time.
3. Capability
It has plenty of capability for what I need so far. I am installing a new garden. I used a 5' box blade with ripper shanks to break up the ground first. I bought a 6' tiller, and it worked fine. The manual says to use a 4.5" one but that wouldn't really cover the width of the tractor. I just went slow with it and listened to the tractor tell me what speed to go depending on the toughness of the terrain.
4. Support.
I have been in contact with Summit support so far and they have been very helpful and are taking care of me.
5. Control and comfort.
I added this category. I am 6'3" and about 250lbs. I can get on and off without too much trouble. It would be nice if the seat would go back a few more inches. Once on the tractor the controls are pretty well laid out. The parking brake is centered below the seat and is a little awkward to operate. The key is low and hard to see when seated. I think for future models they should look at these three items. After that comfort is good, the seat I would say is very comfortable and premium, especially compared to my lawn tractor. The controls you use most are easy to reach and comfortable to operate, with exception of the parking brake. I am not real sure why the loader control stick is so tall. It seems oddly tall. It is not uncomfortable or awkward to operate. But I think if it was shorter, I would like it better. The FWD lever is low on the left side. I don't find it to be difficult to operate from the seated position. But I don't have any reason to engage and disengage the FWD in my use so far. It's a compact tractor and I understand there is only so much space and over all I think they laid it out well.

/ Who's got one? #50  
I look forward to seeing your pictures, and your review really aligned with my general impression of the Summit, admittedly having not seen one in person. It really seems like a good little tractor.

Ad bottom of page