Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #170,931  
Memorial day is a very special day in this country. I don't think patriotism is as important here as it used to be....I hope I'm wrong.
It is not as much as it used to be as I remember it. I barely arrive in LA before the draft board had a notice for me in 1968. They rejected me due to injuries from motorcycle accident. Son served in the army and daughter was a year in Afghanistan working for the commanding generals analyzing intelligence information. She lost friends there

/ Good morning!!!! #170,932  
Samsung fridge just leaked a bunch of water again. Under the lower fridge door and ices on top of freezer. Then it runs out the door. Got all water and ice out.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,933  
I was going to do this on Tuesday, but tomorrow we (junior and I) will be cleaning up the wood bark and what not in the basement. He will be shovelling the bark into 5 gallon pails and passing them to me out the window the wood comes in. I in turn will dump it into the loader bucket and dump it on the compost pile, then turn the pile.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,934  
Good evening all. 63ºF for the start, mostly cloudy sky, and light breeze. Light wind, Clods thinned out early afternoon then formed up again and it rained about .4 inch. High temp was 85ºF. Chapel to start the day, pancakes for breakfast, putter, then bike for trip prep, replaced seat, changed to gravel tires, serviced spring seat post and went for short test ride. Did get nap in. Did manage to get a pic of seat problem attached.
Ron glad picnic was fun. Have fun working on the Duce and a half. Nice Cardinal.
Drew glad you have a light day. Hope good visit with brother.
Spike glad you got hay baled. Our service is tomorrow. Thanks for chart.
Drew good luck finding sparklers. Hope you got your flag dropped off.
Bill hope tin work went well. Sorry about laptop battery. Hope you got the hoe work done.
Frits thanks for the story, I did not know about the rescue.
Don glad you got some rain. Nice to find the peach. Good to hear BBQ popular, job security. Nice pic
Paul nice day yesterday. Lake temp here is mid to upper 70's 2 weeks ago. Sorry to hear wife 's shortness of breath, prayers sent. Good to hear pool in good shape.
Buppies sorry no rain yet. Sorry about you crossing line ;) Good luck with bad bear. prayers sent.
Buppies do you have different charger for phone?
Thomas hope you got flower garden done. Hope grilling turned out good.
Frits good to hear your wife is doing better. Also good the PT is working for knees as well as shoulder. Hope you can shorten the to do list.
Jay glad the bird and sunshine helped you mood today. That was a lot of Brumbergs to loose in WWII. Nice pics
Ken glad you got trees bucked. Glad you got bike tuned. Hope pool work and watering went well. Nice pics
Drew hope repair hods up.
Ted glad sister made it, and good mail and visit had by all. Hope sister has good time sight seeing. Good to hear gravel almost all spread. Hope you got planter filled and drip irrigation updated.
Bill good to hear tin work done. Hope you had fun in rabbit hole.
Kilroy I understand about wanting to be on good terms with neighbor.
David hope you mad good progress with mowing.
Kilroy hope you are ready for Harry to be back. Good to hear fig tree planted. Good luck with plow.
Ken hope not too noisy. Good luck clearing back out. 75ºF sounds warm to me :)
Dennis focus!! Hope son did good job leading. Hope lunch was good. Hope hot dog roast went well.
RS hope you enjoyed your laid back day. Hope you got the 2V's cut.
Thomas sorry gas going up, had 30+ increase here. Glad you could take afternoon off due to warm temps.
Drew 75ºF water temp only takes me a minute or two to get used to it. Good to hear good visit with brother
RS look like lift working as advertised. Big pile of old grass! I scrape underneath deck of mower as part of spring cleaning.
Buppies nice rain.
Chris sorry so dry. Not good to find yourself in PI. Good to hear berries are getting ripe, Hope you can slow birds down. Sorry about the filter wrench.
Kilroy glad you can see the usage area.
Frits Good to hear splitter started so easy. Mine just plugs in :). Good to hear still splitting ok.
Joel we have been without rain for about 2 weeks here. Had to turn irrigation system on.
Kilroy how is Harry?
Kyle good advice.
Paul that is getting new saw the hard way.
Rand(wag) glad horses moved. Have fun at checkpoint. Hope you got paddock cleaned up.
Lou kinda scary looking into mirror :)
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /back surgery healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

Attachments

• 20230528_211451.jpg
    20230528_211451.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
   / Good morning!!!! #170,935  
A very pleasant 66F and clear @ 00:00, heading down to around 57F in the overnight. Will be some good "open window" sleeping weather.

Collected up all the debris I scraped off the bottom of the Cub deck and hauled it up to the compost pile and dumped:

IMG_2647 copy.jpg

Dropped off mower blades and bent up trip arm for live trap @ the shop on the way up.

Came back down and got the Stihl blower and went back up and blew the Cub off. Topside of deck will get a bath tomorrow.

Woman sprayed out all her vinegar, was disappointed in how little it covered. I did not supervise. Said She didn't think it was cost-effective, told her yup, glyphosate probably much more cost-effective even at today's high prices.

OTOH, the vinegar solution - at 4 parts vinegar to 1 part water - did a real number on what She sprayed. Leaves were curling up big time in under an hour.

Refilled hopper feeder about dark, grabbed the two tube feeders which were were and brought them back to the garage to refill which I did. By the time I got back out there to rehang them there were several deer and another 'coon by the feeder.

🤬

Got 50# bag of cracked corn emptied into it's 20 gallon trash can container.

Plant order from Burgess overdue. Shipped out of Fairfield, OH (Dayton) on 5/26 ... then sent to Indy, arrives on 5/27 and leaves the same day. Then arrived in Grove City, OH around 13:00 on 5/28 (Sunday).

Originally scheduled for delivery here on 5/27, then on 5/28, now showing "Delivery date currently unavailable" ... shipped via Fedex Surepost ... which appears to be anything but sure. Unless they mean:

"You can be sure we sure don't know when it will get there ... (y)"

Emailed Burgess and told them Fedex is a hot mess and to ask me how I know.

Got a nice hot shower and got all the dust and crud from the deck cleaning that I didn't eat off me.

Still need to throw some clothes on and run up and lock up the shop.

And close up the garage.

Might sit outside for a bit and just enjoy the evening before I do that last one.

Hope everyone had a good Sunday ... (y)

Black locust trees still in bloom here as of Saturday:

IMG_2645 copy.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #170,936  
Har
Good evening all. 63ºF for the start, mostly cloudy sky, and light breeze. Light wind, Clods thinned out early afternoon then formed up again and it rained about .4 inch. High temp was 85ºF. Chapel to start the day, pancakes for breakfast, putter, then bike for trip prep, replaced seat, changed to gravel tires, serviced spring seat post and went for short test ride. Did get nap in. Did manage to get a pic of seat problem attached.
Ron glad picnic was fun. Have fun working on the Duce and a half. Nice Cardinal.
Drew glad you have a light day. Hope good visit with brother.
Spike glad you got hay baled. Our service is tomorrow. Thanks for chart.
Drew good luck finding sparklers. Hope you got your flag dropped off.
Bill hope tin work went well. Sorry about laptop battery. Hope you got the hoe work done.
Frits thanks for the story, I did not know about the rescue.
Don glad you got some rain. Nice to find the peach. Good to hear BBQ popular, job security. Nice pic
Paul nice day yesterday. Lake temp here is mid to upper 70's 2 weeks ago. Sorry to hear wife 's shortness of breath, prayers sent. Good to hear pool in good shape.
Buppies sorry no rain yet. Sorry about you crossing line ;) Good luck with bad bear. prayers sent.
Buppies do you have different charger for phone?
Thomas hope you got flower garden done. Hope grilling turned out good.
Frits good to hear your wife is doing better. Also good the PT is working for knees as well as shoulder. Hope you can shorten the to do list.
Jay glad the bird and sunshine helped you mood today. That was a lot of Brumbergs to loose in WWII. Nice pics
Ken glad you got trees bucked. Glad you got bike tuned. Hope pool work and watering went well. Nice pics
Drew hope repair hods up.
Ted glad sister made it, and good mail and visit had by all. Hope sister has good time sight seeing. Good to hear gravel almost all spread. Hope you got planter filled and drip irrigation updated.
Bill good to hear tin work done. Hope you had fun in rabbit hole.
Kilroy I understand about wanting to be on good terms with neighbor.
David hope you mad good progress with mowing.
Kilroy hope you are ready for Harry to be back. Good to hear fig tree planted. Good luck with plow.
Ken hope not too noisy. Good luck clearing back out. 75ºF sounds warm to me :)
Dennis focus!! Hope son did good job leading. Hope lunch was good. Hope hot dog roast went well.
RS hope you enjoyed your laid back day. Hope you got the 2V's cut.
Thomas sorry gas going up, had 30+ increase here. Glad you could take afternoon off due to warm temps.
Drew 75ºF water temp only takes me a minute or two to get used to it. Good to hear good visit with brother
RS look like lift working as advertised. Big pile of old grass! I scrape underneath deck of mower as part of spring cleaning.
Buppies nice rain.
Chris sorry so dry. Not good to find yourself in PI. Good to hear berries are getting ripe, Hope you can slow birds down. Sorry about the filter wrench.
Kilroy glad you can see the usage area.
Frits Good to hear splitter started so easy. Mine just plugs in :). Good to hear still splitting ok.
Joel we have been without rain for about 2 weeks here. Had to turn irrigation system on.
Kilroy how is Harry?
Kyle good advice.
Paul that is getting new saw the hard way.
Rand(wag) glad horses moved. Have fun at checkpoint. Hope you got paddock cleaned up.
Lou kinda scary looking into mirror :)
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /back surgery healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.
ry is much better-behaved, we just have to keep up with the training techniques. Trainer said he is very smart, and he will try to play dumb to get his way and not to let that happen. Bailey is not exceptionally pleased by the return, but the trainer said that she blew her chance to stay top dog when she did not put Harry in his place in the first 48 hours, so it is a situation that needs to be monitored. Harry will be on a slip-lead at home, but when we take him out into the world he will need his prong collar for better corrections. It is only an2.5mm prong collar, so it isn’t that bad, he just needs to be more conscious of commands and corrections.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,937  
Good (Monday) morning. Overnight Low was, technically, 6C when I toddled off to bed at 2230. Then it warmed up to 11.6C. It's presently 15.5C, partly cloudy with a breeze.

Transfer of horses into Paddock #6 went fine. The 'Mad Agisting Horse Woman' & her daughter replaced the rubber matting in her horse float and then they went for a 2 hour ride in the State Forest... this is in anticipation of doing a 20km ride at this Saturday's Pyengana Endurance Race. They'll have the usual 40km/80km courses, but the 20km is for 'first timers', to see if they like the sport. I believe that I'll be manning one of the checkpoints.

So, this arvo I'll probably clean-up Paddock #5 (chain-harrow/Z-turn mulch). At 1730 I've got a Zoom Meeting.

That's about it, take care all.
It is always good to learn new things, and several months ago I had to look up ”agisting” 😎

Then today at 3AM-ish I had one of those thoughts that comes from nowhere, that blossoms into not going back to sleep…

Who is the agistor and who is the agistee? Is it agistor or is it agister? Why is is “lessor/lessee” but “renter/landlord” and not “rentor/rentee”?

the vagaries of the English language. . . Especially at weird hours . . .

/ Good morning!!!! #170,938  
Memorial day is a very special day in this country. I don't think patriotism is as important here as it used to be....I hope I'm wrong.
at the risk of…

when people are put in high positions of government who say they “want to manage America’s decline” and constantly demean The achievements and say things like “America was never great” and “There is no ’American Exceptionalism’” and are also in bed d with the education cartel to reinforce those ideas in the minds of the youth, the dimunition of patriotic fervor should be no surprise.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #170,939  
Coffee is done brewing. 45° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 86° with lots of sun. Got Duce and Half out of barn and washed. Also washed the trailer. Ready for the parade today. Helped other neighbor put up a set of swings off the kids playhouse. After the parade will lay back and relax for rest of the day. Watch a couple of NASCAR races if it does not rain today in Charlotte.
Remember those that gave All.
B7q1low.jpg

Buppies, I will get pictures of the Duce and Half today at parade. There will be other military vehicles there also.

Everyone have a Happy Memorial Day.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,940  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

51.1F, going to mid 70s, allegedly no rain until after 5pm.

Allegedly.

Up too early due to random thoughts about grammar. yay.

Harry Houdini Hound is back, and is a much better behaved critter! He does need intensive management to prevent backsliding on his progress, but he certainly does follow instructions much better. Today will be challenging as he will spend more time in his crate as mom will be over (she is 85) and we don’t need any accidents. Trainer did recommend a bark collar for in-home use when she brought him backbut we did not run out and get it yesterday, so we shall see how today goes… there may be an early run to Tractor supply tomorrow if it is necessary.

I know all the reasons why I should not lend the brand-new excavator to the neighbor, but there are intangible factors in play here as well. Primarily as a trust-building exercise, which is important for several reasons, not the least of which is that we do not live on the woodlot, it is several miles driving from our house (and due to “mountain living” it is actually almost 50% less distance “as the crow flies” but due to terrain we have to drive almost two miles to reach a point on the way that is about 500 yards away from our house!), so having someone who can act as security/neighborhood watch is pretty important. Also, I would not mind acquiring some of his Long-unused items (backhoe loader, equipment trailer, three-point plows, sheets of roof tin, etc) and that would probably be a lot easier if there is a high-trust relationship. Letting the fellow ( he said he was a. Heavy-equipment operator for 40 years) have his hand on controls again may be some good nostalgia, and we are , after all, a bunch of “Damned Yankees”, so having a local good Ol’ boy have some positive feelings toward us is not a bad thing! Plus, I think that the guy would not mind having some new people to interact with as well.

The other factor against me actually doing it is that I don’t know where stuff is buried in the overgrown grass and weeds, so if he runs stuff over, it ain’t my fault. If he has the half-rotted trees break up on him and makes a mess, it ain’t my fault. I like when things are not my fault!

it is all a dance.

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy contemplative blessed Memorial Day.