If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #751  
no idea about aftermarket fenders, is it the original switch? as for the function, are you saying when you start the machine its in 2 wheel steer but if you engage when running it will not disengage? both axles are steering when driving?
Yes correct. Once the 4 wheel steer function is switched on at the switch and you drive away the rear wheels turn as they should but then lock in one position and no matter what cannot disengage the function.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #752  
first without getting my old service manual out do not recall how its wired, get in the machine, turn key but do not start and select 4 wheel steer and listen if there is a click from a relay, if it does select switch back, guessing there will be no click.

does this machine have diff lock? will it select and light up when you try to select it, it should not if in 4 wheel steer

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #753  
Hey Laurencen, thanks mate for the prompt reply. I'm really not familiar at with the toolcat. The 4 wheel steer engages ok but stays locked in one position. The guy I brought it off died so have no reference. He had coveted the switch so it couldn't be used. Also do you know if thete is another supplier of front fenders other than bobcat as they will not ship internationally
Jp fabworks can get you the toolcat parts you need + lots of tech experience

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #754  
just looked in my service manual, mine is a 2020 5600 and the manual says raise the box and support, remove the filler neck from fender then move it out the way, then remove the fender to gain access to the battery

Wow. The filler neck will be easy. The fender is a pain. Thank you for looking that up.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #755  
I will take a picture out the manual in the morning

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #756  
Wow. The filler neck will be easy. The fender is a pain. Thank you for looking that up.
While i have the better battery location i do keep a float charger on it to keep the battery in tip top shape

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #757  
Edit. Digging further in the parts manual it looks like I only have to replace the relief valve which is easily accessible. Not the whole cooling fan hydraulic motor.

How valuable is the Service Manual? Worth the cost?

Last edited:
   / If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #758  
i would say yes,

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #759  
Edit. Digging further in the parts manual it looks like I only have to replace the relief valve which is easily accessible. Not the whole cooling fan hydraulic motor.

How valuable is the Service Manual? Worth the cost?
The service manual isn't the best I have worked with and it sure isn't the worst one either. For me, I would agree and say it is worth it. It also depends on how much you work on your own equipment. The only problem I had with my TC is with the hydraulic drive pulley tensioner so I haven't really NEEDED it yet.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #760  
My ToolCats hours display is acting up, flashing and giving me inaccurate hours. It went down from 2700 to 1010.