Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #81  
I’ll throw another thought out. Drivers being to courteous of bike riders. Your riding your bike, the driver of the car clearly has the right of way, as the bike rider you want the car to go, but they stop and wave you on. In the mean time cars behind them stop and get hung up.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #82  
BTW, more useless info, a large group of bike riders is called a Peloton. Like the fancy stationary bike sold on TV. I saw they kept using the word over and over during the olympics and looked it up, it’s specifically the lead group of bike. I don’t think me and the wife qualify as a Peloton even though ima big guy.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #83  
In most states bikes can't ride on sidewalks, so we are forced into roads.
Many people use bikes to go to work, shop etc.

There are limits to road use marked on larger routes like route 1, 1A and any highway.

Sometimes there is no other route but a main drag.

Bicycles can be hit on back roads just as easy as main roads, since many smaller roads do not have shoulders, like the road I live on.

We have bikes here all the time, it's part of where we live. If they ride 3-4 abreast, we let them know, nicely, that that is not the best way to make friends.

We have people out walking, with their dogs, kids, etc.. We slow down and move over too.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #84  
I’ll throw another thought out. Drivers being to courteous of bike riders. Your riding your bike, the driver of the car clearly has the right of way, as the bike rider you want the car to go, but they stop and wave you on. In the mean time cars behind them stop and get hung up.
Frankly anyone driving a car who has the right of way, but voluntarily gives it up even when there are people behind them waiting, should have their license revoked. These are the most basic rules of the road to keep us safe and orderly.

Kinda ties into the other thread about roundabouts. If you stop in the middle of a roundabout to let someone else in... automatic license suspension! Just my 🪙🪙

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #85  
Kids that age have no common sense, we didn't at that age either. .

Some of us did. I wouldn’t even have thought of doing something like that. Kids do as they’re taught. My butt would have been blistered if I had rolled coal on someone. Sorry excuse.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #86  
Kids that age have no common sense, we didn't at that age either. Anyone else grow up in the "muscle car" era, where it was cool to put shackles in the rear springs so the back end was jacked way up, wide tires on the back, skinny tires on the front and cherry bomb mufflers? Looked stupid, was stupid. Made the cars of that era handle even worse than they already did to begin with.
Then again, when I was a teen most teens didn't have their own car nor did Mommy & Daddy take us to school...we walked (20 miles thru a snowstorm) if you lived in town or (gasp!) took the bus.
Ah, yes, the infamous 'we walked 20 miles through a snow storm up hill both ways while barefoot' speech.

Totally makes sense when both city and rural schools have had buses running routes for how many decades? Or that to walk the 20 miles would take 5+ hours, even more considering it was uphill and you'd surely be slipping and sliding in the snow with no shoes on.

But on a serious note, yes, definitely know about the muscle car era. Seen the pics and heard the stories from my parents numerous times. And those giant yellow things my kids ride 99% of the time work great. However, the handful of times a year when they have Dr appts, or we have places to go and not wanting to wait an hour after school gets out to get going, it's way easier to drive the 10 minutes to the school and pick them up.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #87  
Indeed. Pretty wild to think that you can just make some dumb videos of doing burnouts on banana peels in your daily driver duramax, and build that into a multi million dollar video channel within a couple years. I'm eager to see what MonsterMax 2 gets into eventually.
That it is. His early vids were just straight off the phone camera at times, lol. The latest ones are really nicely edited. Props to him for persisting with it and making his channel what it is.

MM2 is...idk. Pretty awesome, but completely and utterly pointless at the same time? At least MM1 he could take on the road (even though it took up the entire thing). MM2 is a giant monster only suited for vast open areas. To me would be more boring and PITA than MM1.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #88  
When the government finally outlaws the diesel engine, the motorheads will be modifying their electric Priuses to shoot lightning bolts out the exhaust at the annoying, ride 4 abreast, spandex jelly-filled short & neon jersey wearing bikers.

/ Guys like this are what gives diesel a bad name #89  
Such a terrible and avoidable situation.

But no point in placing blame, or making judgments, or assumptions until the investigation is over.

So far, from what I have read there has been only ONE person claim the kid was trying to "roll" coal and it was from a rider.

So many of these trucks that have been modified.....all you have to do is tromp the pedal and it will blow black smoke. Maybe this is daddys "tuned" truck or maybe its his or maybe there was no black smoke at all... MAybe he was just trying to pass and do so quickly?

NO excuse for hitting the bikers, weather they were riding illegally or not...(unless they swerved into him). But its yet to be determined if the intent was to roll coal, be harassing, or if he was just trying to pass. And the fact that he stayed and is cooperating says a good bit about his character and his intent.

But in the general theme of this thread.....we do have alot of bike riders around here. And just like the title of this thread that one bad act can give a bad name to all....the same is true with the bikers. And yes, I despise the ones who act like they own the road.....and will make you follow them for miles at 15MPH and unable to pass. If I drove my car at 15mph Id for sure get a ticket for impeding traffic. How about we start ticketing these selfish stuck up prick riders. Several people have shared examples in this thread, so I wont share my countless ones. But riders like that....get everyone riding a bike a bad name.