New Garage Pole Barn 40 x 64 x 12

/ New Garage Pole Barn 40 x 64 x 12
Finished the fire pit today.
All that's left to do is to spray the ID with some black spray paint and let it all dry.
Should have a bon fire next weekend when the Cadet from VMI is back in town.
176058681_photobucket_18035_.jpg

Added a little paint.
176058681_photobucket_20486_.jpg

I want to do some more work with these salvaged bricks. Do the markings mean anything to anyone? I have some of the answers, but the low temp notes on the DV-38 throws me off.

Anyone know if these can be used in brick ovens?

I pulled this off the net.
DV-38 is an extra high strength, low apparent porosity, high alumina, burned phosphate-bonded brick featuring excellent alkali resistance. Withstands the penetration of fluid slags, metal, and fluxes. DV-38 is an excellent choice for abrasive environments at low temperatures

176058681_photobucket_20483_.jpg

176058681_photobucket_20479_.jpg

176058681_photobucket_20485_.jpg

Kitchen is now completed. Hot Water is now running. Used - New to me Stove and Fridge installed.
Both were $250 each and in great shape. They delivered and installed them. The Ice Maker / Water was dripping so they installed a new valve and it corrected the problem.
176058681_photobucket_20688_.jpg

176058681_photobucket_20689_.jpg

/ New Garage Pole Barn 40 x 64 x 12 #204  
Kitchen is now completed. Hot Water is now running. Used - New to me Stove and Fridge installed.
Both were $250 each and in great shape. They delivered and installed them. The Ice Maker / Water was dripping so they installed a new valve and it corrected the problem.
176058681_photobucket_20688_.jpg

176058681_photobucket_20689_.jpg

I got a chuckle here as it looks like they could have stolen our stove and fridge to sell to you. You couldn't get a better match.:laughing:

What do you think of those glass top burners? We're still trying to get used to the all on or all off way they operate.

/ New Garage Pole Barn 40 x 64 x 12 #205  
I got a chuckle here as it looks like they could have stolen our stove and fridge to sell to you. You couldn't get a better match.:laughing:

What do you think of those glass top burners? We're still trying to get used to the all on or all off way they operate.

You didn't as me, but I'll answer you anyway... We got a glass top like that a few years ago, and we love it. There are some disadvantages like you mentioned, like the all on or all off aspect. I do miss my cast iron. But, the ease of cleaning, etc. makes it all worth it.

/ New Garage Pole Barn 40 x 64 x 12 #206  
You didn't ask me, but I'll answer you anyway... We got a glass top like that a few years ago, and we love it. There are some disadvantages like you mentioned, like the all on or all off aspect. I do miss my cast iron. But, the ease of cleaning, etc. makes it all worth it.

I agree with the cleaning aspect. It's just taking some getting used to to be able to cook well with it.

Here's pix of ours. As I said, it could have been ours sitting in that kitchen.:laughing:

Attachments

• Mar10_0001.jpg
    Mar10_0001.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 195
  • Mar10_0002.jpg
    Mar10_0002.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 203
I agree with the cleaning aspect. It's just taking some getting used to to be able to cook well with it.

Here's pix of ours. As I said, it could have been ours sitting in that kitchen.:laughing:

At this point cleaning is at most my second issue. I have yet to turn it on so I hope the top and oven works! I did try the light. I picked up some food to put in the shelves just in case I want to make something, so in the next week I will try it all out. We had one like this years ago and liked it for the most part. Really wanted gas appliances but it was not as easy for me to install. Wife loved the fridge with roll out shelves and big baskets in the freezer. It is much nicer than the one we have at home. She told me that we are going to have a problem if my kitchen turns out nicer than hers. I already owe her new counter tops.

/ New Garage Pole Barn 40 x 64 x 12 #208  
At this point cleaning is at most my second issue. I have yet to turn it on so I hope the top and oven works! I did try the light. I picked up some food to put in the shelves just in case I want to make something, so in the next week I will try it all out. We had one like this years ago and liked it for the most part. Really wanted gas appliances but it was not as easy for me to install. Wife loved the fridge with roll out shelves and big baskets in the freezer. It is much nicer than the one we have at home. She told me that we are going to have a problem if my kitchen turns out nicer than hers. I already owe her new counter tops.

What we have found with the range top is that there really isn't a temp setting. They cycle on and off to vary the cooking temp. The higher you set the knob, the shorter the off time and longer on time. It's taken a little to get used to for us.

I went and picked up two lifts for my garage off Craigslist down in NC. $2500 for both. Eagle 4 post GLO-7000(#) and a Quality 2 post Q10 10,000# lift. The 2 post was to be torn down and I would help break down the four post and be on my way in 2-3 hours. Be home in 3.5 hours and in bed ready for work the following day.
Did not happen as planned. (Do things ever go as planned?)
Lucky for me my brother decided to show up and be there just for moral support and to tie everything down. He ended up having to pitch in or I would still be there.

At 2:00, an hour before I was suppose to be there, my brother and I arrived to see the 2 post still in the air. (Did get to see it operate, this was a plus.)

At 5:30 the first lift is down and loaded.

At 7:30 the second lift is down and loaded.
I was told I did not need any tools, what he had for tools was limited and crappy. Note to myself bring my own stuff next time.

At 8:30 after buying my brother a well deserved BBQ dinner at the Blue Mist in Asheboro, I was headed back to VA. (Dinner was great! I am feeling better about the day.)

At 9:30 in downtown Greensboro (Not sure what the GPS was doing.) I notice in the rear view mirror the telescopic arms from the 2 post lift wiping out 5-7 orange trashcan size barriers. They looked like popcorn bouncing as it is being cooked.
At first it looked like an invisible wave as they went airborne, pretty cool until I realize what is happening. Now I understand why earlier when I passed a car on a 4 lane it swerved off the road. (Sorry about that.) You can see the quick tie job after the fact.
176058681_photobucket_26334_.jpg

At 10:00 I get a flat. The tire shredded. Lucky I just had the trailer inspected and I have a new spare and good tires left. After 30min the same as a 15 second Nascar Pit Stop with a fully loaded trailer in the dark. I am back on the road.
176058681_photobucket_26330_.jpg

At 11:00 PM I notice filling up that I now have another tire going down. After adding air (Just a prayer move since I don't have another spare.) and feeling the hole with rushing air where a nail use to be, I decide to limp home.
176058681_photobucket_26331_.jpg

At 11:15 I pull off and feel the tire again. Too hot and ready to shred a good tire I now convert the trailer to a tripod car trailer. (Two tires now riding on the car trailer.)
176058681_photobucket_26335_.jpg

At 12:01 AM I pull off and decide to check the remaining tire carrying the weight on the passenger side of the trailer. It feels slightly warm but it is doing great. As I remove my hand I now feel the 2-3" nail?, wire? sticking out of the sidewall near the tread. As I drive 50 mph max and while praying to God and since my cell phone had died many hours earlier in the evening, I continue on.
176058681_photobucket_26332_-1.jpg

At 1:18 AM at my Man Cave, I have now backed in under a side shelter and tarp it quick before the rain and give God many thanks for staying with me keeping things safe.

At 1:45 I am back home getting ready for the 6:00 wakeup to start the new day.

Now my New Holland will make lifting much easier on the back vs manual loading with 4 guys.

/ New Garage Pole Barn 40 x 64 x 12 #210  
I don't know what to say. There's so much that went wrong, but there is so much that went right, too. You're lucky (blessed) that you even made it home, but you had more than your fair share go wrong, too.

Glad you made it home to tell the tale. You'll love having those lifts, and even with everything going wrong, they're still worth what you got them for.