12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #12  
Not a fan of important info in title unless it is repeated in the text. I typically skim the title.

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #13  
   / 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #14  
I believe we have a male drain plug that identifies as female.

OP is looking for a female 12mm square socket to remove his male drain plug.

Most of us would use an open end 12mm wrench for this or a bigger Crescent. But he is not a fan of these options.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #15  
Now that we've identified the gender, 12 mm 12 point socket should work.

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #16  
This is the situation where I would use an adjustable wrench. Just tighten the jaw up and keep your thumb on the thumb wheel so it doesn't loosen off while turning. The reasoning is that an adjustable wrench has wider jaws than a flat wrench and is less likely to round off the corners.

That being said I have also made my own female sockets. In your case I would with a chop saw cut a U shaped 12mm square slot in the side of a half inch thick piece of steel. You then weld a flat piece across the hole of the U and you have a 12 mm female socket once it's welded to a spare regular socket.

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #17  
8-pt 1/2-inch socket will work fine

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #20