2000 Challenger MT265 death sentence?

/ 2000 Challenger MT265 death sentence?
I don't think it is sleeved originally. What it means is you strip the block down. A machine shop bores the holes out and inserts a sleeve to renew the cylinder(s). Generally, you sleeve all 3 at the same time. Here in southern California, I have a guy that has a mobile service that will come out and bore/sleeve with engine and crank in place. Either way, resleeving is the best option for pinhole in a cylinder.
Ok, thanks. I appreciate it. I just called and talked to the service manager and what he said was the leak was in an area that a new sleeve wouldn't help and he wasn't too enthusiastic about the prospects of any sealer being much help either. He mentioned a brand called "duraglass" that you pour in the radiator and he described it as "it what it is".

/ 2000 Challenger MT265 death sentence? #32  
Hmmm, odd a sleeve wouldn't work. Well, I would try the liquid glass treatment too.

He said it was the near the #3 cylinder and the crankshaft. There are quite a few brands of this miracle sealer but I don't see the one he mentioned. This tractor doesn't see a lot of hours so with a little luck maybe it will stay better than the wheel barrow and shovel. dammit

/ 2000 Challenger MT265 death sentence? #34  
I'd try a thermostat first. How old is the one in it now? Cheap, easy try.

/ 2000 Challenger MT265 death sentence? #35  
   / 2000 Challenger MT265 death sentence? #36  
A thermostat for a hole in a cylinder?
Yep, if it's not getting hot enough to seal that hole. Seen it happen before. I'm a field service guy with a truck with welding machine, compressor, crane, and tools.

/ 2000 Challenger MT265 death sentence? #37  
Liquid glass has a really good chance of working for a situation like this. If it it seals the hole, it likely will last a very long time.

Liquid glass has a really good chance of working for a situation like this. If it it seals the hole, it likely will last a very long time.
That would be wonderful. I think what I have to do is choose one of these products, flush the block to get it as clean as possible, and follow the instructions. A friend told me he did this and rigged up an old radiator to do this to avoid fouling the one in the tractor. He claimed that he used the tractor afterwards for a good number of years and then sold it.

/ 2000 Challenger MT265 death sentence? #39  
Southern Global's rebuild kit doesn't show any sleeves, only gaskets/pistons/rings/& bearings.

Last edited:
   / 2000 Challenger MT265 death sentence? #40  
Southern Global's rebuild kit doesn't show any sleeves, only gaskets/pistons/rings/& bearings.
The Iseki engine is a parent bore engine and doesn’t use sleeves, thay is why they don’t offer any.
You will have to go to a machine shop where they will have to bore the cylinders and fit a sleeve that has the right original I.D. for the standard pistons.