2016 Mahindra 2555CL HST failed pump? Powertrain warranty covered?

/ 2016 Mahindra 2555CL HST failed pump? Powertrain warranty covered? #21  
NEWS FLASH for ya the whole dang world is in a covid pandemic NOT just India.
News flash for you dummy. If you'd bother to watch the news, India has millions of active cases. hospitals are full and people dying in the streets. No one is working and that includes the company that builds Manhindra tractors.

Don't know why I took off ignore just to read that drivel comment. You are reinstated on ignore. Have a nice day, go eat some more stupid pills.... if you have any left that is.... duh

/ 2016 Mahindra 2555CL HST failed pump? Powertrain warranty covered? #22  
News flash for you dummy. If you'd bother to watch the news, India has millions of active cases. hospitals are full and people dying in the streets. No one is working and that includes the company that builds Manhindra tractors.

Don't know why I took off ignore just to read that drivel comment. You are reinstated on ignore. Have a nice day, go eat some more stupid pills.... if you have any left that is.... duh
You ever notice when folks lose arguments they name call?.I believe I stated in my original comment to you "ALL" of the world is in covid19 pandemic thanks again for clarifying it.The USA along with MANY other countries are experiencing back logs of items ordered.Just stating the facts sorry you are so angry and cannot accept the truth.PLEASE keep me on ignore until your mental state of mind changes.Have a nice day hope your mental health gets better with time.Take care my fellow michigander.

Last edited:
   / 2016 Mahindra 2555CL HST failed pump? Powertrain warranty covered? #23  
On my 2538 the back half of the pump pictured powers the power steering, then through the oil cooler and then through a spin on filter. After the filter the oil goes to the HST pump. May be the same for the 2555. I'm still not clear as to which pump the dealer advisor is referring to.
Back to topic, what you have is a closed loop hydraulic system. Two pumps tandem assembly with 19.5 cc output for the FEL and 3 pt and the 8.0 cc output for the steering and forward /reverse.
If you have the hydraulic circuit schematic you'll see two circles with a solid colored triangle inside pointed outward, this is the pumps driven by the engine, which supplies oil from the sump for the entire system. You shouldn't see any other symbol like this especially in the HST unit. The HST unit has other symbols that are hydraulic motors.
If you got the schematic for the hydraulic can you post a picture, it would help. I can only go by how my HST tractor is setup.

Last edited:
   / 2016 Mahindra 2555CL HST failed pump? Powertrain warranty covered?
I have not had a chance to speak with the service manager since my last post, but when I do I will ask her specifically which pump, and where it's located. I'll report back as soon as I know more.

I appreciate the input (with the exception of hijacking the thread with covid politics)...

/ 2016 Mahindra 2555CL HST failed pump? Powertrain warranty covered? #25  
I have not had a chance to speak with the service manager since my last post, but when I do I will ask her specifically which pump, and where it's located. I'll report back as soon as I know more.

I appreciate the input (with the exception of hijacking the thread with covid politics)...
Good luck hope you get your issue resolved ..Sorry about the hijack thread on the covid 19 thing but get sick and tired of misinformation on certain members part.

/ 2016 Mahindra 2555CL HST failed pump? Powertrain warranty covered? #26  

News flash, The 2500 series mahindras are made in korea.

/ 2016 Mahindra 2555CL HST failed pump? Powertrain warranty covered? #27  

You posted 5 limited warranty but I'm finding that series tractor should be 7 years.
Effective July 2016

Last edited:
   / 2016 Mahindra 2555CL HST failed pump? Powertrain warranty covered? #28  
Do you have a source for this? Would love to see that, as I have a 2555 HST open station. I have assumed my warranty is pretty well over now, but would love to find out that it is not... Have luckily not needed at all in the ~190 hours on the tractor, but would be happy to know it is there if something comes up!

Bought the tractor used, but all of the info I received from the original purchaser references the 5 year powertrain warranty.

Sure hope you are right!

/ 2016 Mahindra 2555CL HST failed pump? Powertrain warranty covered? #29  
Do you have a source for this? Would love to see that, as I have a 2555 HST open station. I have assumed my warranty is pretty well over now, but would love to find out that it is not... Have luckily not needed at all in the ~190 hours on the tractor, but would be happy to know it is there if something comes up!

Bought the tractor used, but all of the info I received from the original purchaser references the 5 year powertrain warranty.

Sure hope you are right!
The 7 Year Limited Powertrain Warranty (or 3,000 hours whichever comes first) is for the 4500 Series tractors and below. {eMAX, Max, 1600, 2600, 3600 and 4500 Series}

7 Year LimitedPowertrain Warranty
I think I also read that the warranty could be transferred, not sure what restrictions are.

Big question is when he brought it! So before 2016 just might have the 5 year not sure if it's retroactive backwards.

Last edited:
   / 2016 Mahindra 2555CL HST failed pump? Powertrain warranty covered? #30  
Back to topic, what you have is a closed loop hydraulic system. Two pumps tandem assembly with 19.5 cc output for the FEL and 3 pt and the 8.0 cc output for the steering and forward /reverse.
If you have the hydraulic circuit schematic you'll see two circles with a solid colored triangle inside pointed outward, this is the pumps driven by the engine, which supplies oil from the sump for the entire system. You shouldn't see any other symbol like this especially in the HST unit. The HST unit has other symbols that are hydraulic motors.
If you got the schematic for the hydraulic can you post a picture, it would help. I can only go by how my HST tractor is setup.
On my 2538 the back half of the pump pictured powers the power steering, then through the oil cooler and then through a spin on filter. After the filter the oil goes to the HST pump. May be the same for the 2555. I'm still not clear as to which pump the dealer advisor is referring to.
20210424_212437-1.jpeg