2017 Total Solar Eclipse...

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #101  
Maybe it's already been posted, but bears repeating. Pets and livestock have eyes too. If you can keep them indoors during the eclipse, please do so.
tapatalk_1503096634860.jpegyep, mine are watching it.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #102  
About 99.3% here. Almost over.

In this semi-rural area there were over a dozen bursts of semi-automatic gunfire at different directions and distances during the 10-15 darkest minutes. It must have worked. The sun came back.

Bruce

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #103  
About 99.3% here. Almost over.

In this semi-rural area there were over a dozen bursts of semi-automatic gunfire at different directions and distances during the 10-15 darkest minutes. It must have worked. The sun came back.

Bruce

Were any maidens sacrificed to appease the gods? :)

Steve

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #104  
Getting cloudy here. Few people outside looking.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #106  
Cloudy and a thunderstorm just came by.

An hour ago, I was taking pictures around the farm for light comparisons. With the clouds overhead, that's a bust when the moon gets here. LOL.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #107  
Moved my daughter into college this weekend. Interstate signs on I-26 and I-85 all saying eclipse Monday, plan ahead. Highway patrol saying to not stop on the shoulder of the highways, etc. They are expecting some wrecks.

Hotels in Clemson and Seneca area have been sold out for weeks; some at $800 for the night. Crazy. It sure looks neat though. I'm staying away from Clemson.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #108  
Cloudy and a thunderstorm just came by.

An hour ago, I was taking pictures around the farm for light comparisons. With the clouds overhead, that's a bust when the moon gets here. LOL.

About 1/2 hour south of the VA/NC border on I-77, perfect conditions actually.

E.png

Hey, not great, but it's a cell phone LOL

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #109  
We hit about 96% here. It had been raining off and on all day but it broke up mostly so we got to see it better than I was expecting.

If I hit a deer in the next few days, I figure it will be because it was staring at the sun during the eclipse.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #110  
We sure don't have any clouds and since I got my eyes dilated at the doctor's office, I reckon I'll just stay inside and not see any of the eclipse.:rolleyes: