2017 Workmaster 60

/ 2017 Workmaster 60 #1  

OFarrell

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH Workmaster 60
Anyone on here have a lot of hours on a large frame Workmaster yet? I'm considering buying a late 2017 60hp but wanted opinions from folks that have put some hours one one. It seems like a great no frills utility tractor with a ton of power for its size. My only worry with this tractor is that the low gear is not quite low enough for precision work. I see that there is a new Utility line coming out with a different engine and 12x12 transmission. Would I be better off waiting for the newer model assuming the 12x12 does in fact have a lower gear and it doesnt end up splitting the current 8x8 trans gears? Any other thoughts on these tractors?

/ 2017 Workmaster 60 #3  
I ran a 50 for two years with zero issues. I liked the size and high FEL capacity. Others on here have had intermittent issues with software and engine management. I had no issues at all. You need to determine the lowest speed you need to go and compare the speeds of the 8 speed transmission to see if it would be satisfactory for your application.

/ 2017 Workmaster 60 #4  
I see that there is a new Utility line coming out with a different engine and 12x12 transmission. Would I be better off waiting for the newer model assuming the 12x12 does in fact have a lower gear and it doesnt end up splitting the current 8x8 trans gears? Any other thoughts on these tractors?

Have any info on this?

Far as the Workmaster, Nowhere added the link to my 1 year review of mine. Been very satisfied other than those few little software glitches that they are belong to have fixes for now. Up to 155 hours now on mine.

/ 2017 Workmaster 60
I talked to the dealer today. He said the new Utility line will have a FPT engine and 12x12 trans. It's supposed to be available in November. He had no info on the speeds but told me the common complaint with workmaster tractors was the gearing. Hopefully the new transmission addresses that. I test drove a Workmaster 60 also. I think that in L1 it's going to be moving way too fast for pulling a transplanter or loader work close to vehicles and buildings. I really liked the tractor other than that.

/ 2017 Workmaster 60 #6  
I talked to the dealer today. He said the new Utility line will have a FPT engine and 12x12 trans. It's supposed to be available in November. He had no info on the speeds but told me the common complaint with workmaster tractors was the gearing. Hopefully the new transmission addresses that. I test drove a Workmaster 60 also. I think that in L1 it's going to be moving way too fast for pulling a transplanter or loader work close to vehicles and buildings. I really liked the tractor other than that.

Maybe so, I've said myself I would love a 12x12 on this tractor. For meticulous work L1 is perfect at idle which isn't where it needs to be working.

About the engine being made by FPT this time I always thought the Workmaster engine was. Mine has a plate on the engine even saying by FPT & it was on their site as the smallest of their engines with a full write up of each 50, 60, & 70's HP & Torque, but has since then been taken off the site. I even had a link to it on Fiats web site with all the info I posted here & it doesn't work now. Btw, I've also learned the Workmaster 50-70 engine was made by VM Motori by Fiats specs. Not an actual in house Fiat engine. Still, I haven't heard one bad thing about the engine & like you mentioned it has a ton of power for this tractor.

On gearing I would be ecstatic for 3 lower and 1 higher on a 12 x 12 leaving the rest of the spread where it is. Curious now

Attachments

• IMG_20180917_192749284_BURST001.jpg
    IMG_20180917_192749284_BURST001.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 465
   / 2017 Workmaster 60 #7  

I did some research and found this. Using Cases link since New Holland's is not quite as detailed. But it will be a Workmaster 55, 65, 75.

Cab version, NICE!!!!

CNH Industrial Newsroom : Case IH Adds to Farmall Tractor Lineup

/ 2017 Workmaster 60 #8  
That will sell...
Big time...
The only reason I traded the 50 for the T4.75 was for the cab and the power shuttle...
Don't know the price point but it needs to be 5K-7K under the T series to be competitive...

/ 2017 Workmaster 60 #9  
Case is beating NH to the punch getting their stuff out.

Here is a good link with several pictures, the design and layout should be identical. In one picture it shows four tractors, two that look like today's Workmaster, and two that are the new Workmaster. The new one actually looks like a T4 powerstar. Curious

Case IH Adds to Farmall Tractor Lineup

Last edited:
   / 2017 Workmaster 60 #10  
I’d be curious to see some specs on the loader’s capacity vs. the new holland. In the past the farmall’s loader didn’t rate nearly as high as the new Holland’s (even though they’re the same thing)