2022 L3302

/ 2022 L3302 #61  
The Kubota tractor backhoes are the best in industry. That doesn’t change the fact it’s still a tractor backhoe, not a 50,000 pound excavator. The controls are the smoothest, the tractor subframe mounts are the best, and the backhoe buckets are the best. One minor dealer prep problem doesn’t make it junk. And ever manufacturer has a few problems. That’s why warranty exists.
I cannot say that is true or false. What is demonstrably clear is that Kubota is pricey. The 'best' is a matter of opinion. I have no first hand experience with them to add my opinion, but I have had other people tell me other brands are the 'best'. The fact remains that everyone has an opinion, but facts are facts. Price is easy to quantify. Let me be clear, not calling them junk. I'm just saying that when people like the OP buy something expensive and that object fails so early, it is nearly impossible for them to ever feel there is not something wrong. Even if every other Kubota product had zero failures, it wouldn't matter. It is a psychological thing.

/ 2022 L3302 #62  
My tractor backhoe has pretty decent power IMO (has dug everything I have needed over the years), but I can't push my tractor ahead with the FEL bucket on the ground.
I need to raise the FEL bucket off the ground and have the tractor in neutral to shove the tractor ahead.
Yes, raising loader bucket is needed as a general rule.

/ 2022 L3302 #63  
I cannot say that is true or false. What is demonstrably clear is that Kubota is pricey. The 'best' is a matter of opinion. I have no first hand experience with them to add my opinion, but I have had other people tell me other brands are the 'best'. The fact remains that everyone has an opinion, but facts are facts. Price is easy to quantify. Let me be clear, not calling them junk. I'm just saying that when people like the OP buy something expensive and that object fails so early, it is nearly impossible for them to ever feel there is not something wrong. Even if every other Kubota product had zero failures, it wouldn't matter. It is a psychological thing.
I have many hours on the seat of a L3400, with the more modern bh77 hoe. Basically the SAME thing the OP has.

I have been on excavators large and small, currently own a 8k mini ex, and have ran many backhoes, both attachments and industrial machines.

While there are many good ones....the Kubota is near the top. But you have to understand the limitations of such a small machine

/ 2022 L3302 #64  
Bought the Kibota L3302 with a backhoe, took delivery of the tractor late in the evening, didn’t get to play with it that day, the next day I went out to play around with it, be darn, the backhoe had leaked fluid on the ground over night. A brand new tractor less than 2 hours on it leaking.
Called dealer, sent someone out, also noticed the backhoe mounting frame was not bolted up correctly to the tractor missing bolts, wrong bolts.
This isn’t the worst part, they kept the tractor for a few days, changed out the backhoe mounting frame, put correct number of bolts in, said they fixed the fluid leak on the backhoe, well used the backhoe yesterday and bam, leaking again, called dealer and they’re a no show on fixing it again.
What the heck has gone wrong with businesses? They don’t seem to care anymore, they take your money but give you defective products.
my brother is going through the same with a Mahindra tractor and dealer. loose parts, leaks, it is unbelievable...

/ 2022 L3302 #65  
Like I said previously, get a new dealer. I bought a backhoe for my B series from my dealer. Got a deal on it because it had never sold and was sitting outside in the crate for 2 years. Paint was starting to fade from the sun.

I got it home and after I started using it, a hydraulic line started leaking. Called my dealer and told him. They said ya, we figured that might happen after sitting in the sun for 2 years. So they gave me new lines for it for free from Kubota parts.

That is how a good dealer takes care of things.

/ 2022 L3302 #66  
Monitor fluid levels while using tractor. If you can't get a response from your dealer you could try dropping a line to Kubota corporate.

Last edited:
   / 2022 L3302 #67  
Like LD, I have a lot of seat time in backhoes and excavators. None on little tractors. Sweeping soil is not a strong function because of the incredible mechanical disadvantage. I leveled some 3/4" loose stone with a brand new Cat 323 just a few weeks ago and it struggled smoothing a pile that was less than half the height of the bucket. It was scoop, smooth, then swing. Helps to have a full bucket, but not much.

Look in your operators manual and just about any training literature. It is nearly universal. The swing is to position the bucket. Not sweep material.

/ 2022 L3302 #68  
Oh yeah, i remember reading this thread. It's always so funny to have someone like the OP here, who bitterly complains about the performance of a new machine without being able to properly explain the problem to us. And then attacks people who try to help reset their expectations or offer suggestions on what things to check to resolve it. :ROFLMAO:

I will say, that I am generally pleased with the swing/sweep power of my Kioti Kb2475 backhoe attachment. If I have a pile of loose soil, it is just strong enough to push sideways through a pile of loose material about as tall as the bucket is itself. I tend to use this capability more for moving the excavated spoils pile further away from where I am already digging (to avoid a re-position), rather than clean up / re-fill. It's just about always faster to refill and compact with the front loader in a few quick passes.

But yeah my backhoe is more than strong enough to lift and drag the tractor around. I back the rpms off below PTO speed to reduce the power and avoid accidentally doing this. Even on my lowly "non premium" brand tractor, LOL.

/ 2022 L3302 #69  
Ahh, a fun old thread where u was just trolling :ROFLMAO: