2305 Fan Shield

/ 2305 Fan Shield #1  

chipsndust

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R, Curtis cab
Pictures of the fan shield I made for my 2305.
First picture is the template, made from roof flashing.
Second picture is the shield with bends, ready to install.
Third picture is the installed shield, best picture I could get with limited space.
This is not a skid plate, it does NOT protect the oil filter, it does not interfere with PTO driveshaft or 62" MMM.
I just replaced this, I had one on for over a year. It was dented up, but I didn't get any brush or sticks in my fan. (BTDT, don't want to do it again).
This one is made from heavy sheet metal, and attaches at three points to existing holes in the tractor frame and shield guard. It could be made from heavier metal, I made it from the heaviest material I could bend without special tools.

Attachments

• 100_C1066.jpg
    100_C1066.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 645
  • 100_C1068.jpg
    100_C1068.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 713
  • 100_C1070.jpg
    100_C1070.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 999
   / 2305 Fan Shield #2  
Very professional!

Looks just like something that the John Deere engineering folk's should have considered after the 1st year that the 2305 came into service...

(Maybe one or two of them are fellow TBNer's?!?) We can only hope.

Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

AKfish

/ 2305 Fan Shield #3  
Good work chips.

That's a tricky install. I've looked at it a couple times and can't convince myself to start that project.

If you can post a template, you just might achieve hero status among the scut owners.

Joe

/ 2305 Fan Shield #4  
That's a nice fan cover - sure beats using the mower deck!

Hero status would be invoked immediately if someone could make up a skid plate that connects to the MMM lifters. I'm thinking of something with mounting points that are identical to the mower deck and would be as easy as the deck to put on and remove. It would be long and wide enough to cover anything of importance without interfering with operations or climbing on/off the seat.

I can envision it, but my fabrication skills are not adequate for the task...

/ 2305 Fan Shield
Good work chips.

That's a tricky install. I've looked at it a couple times and can't convince myself to start that project.

If you can post a template, you just might achieve hero status among the scut owners.

Joe

Joe (and others):
Thanks for the kind words.
The first picture is a template, which hangs on the wall in my shop, for use when my shield gets dinged up and needs replacement. If it would help anyone, I can attempt to mark dimensions and bending details on the template and post it.

/ 2305 Fan Shield
That's a nice fan cover - sure beats using the mower deck!

VA:
:D:D I originally used the $1650.00 fan cover (mower deck), but due to ground clearance issues, I switched over to the compact design! :D:D

/ 2305 Fan Shield #7  
VABlue I agree with you. If someone made one for a reasonable price I would buy it.

/ 2305 Fan Shield #8  
Good looking job:D

/ 2305 Fan Shield #9  
good looking fan shield !!
If you could put the measurment on line that would help
I was thinking of making one for my 2305

/ 2305 Fan Shield
OK guys
Here's my best shot at a dimensioned sketch, and uploading a digital picture.
I rounded the corners where the attachment holes are on mine. I would suggest that you make one out of cardboard or roof flashing to tweak the dimensions, bends, and the locations of the mounting holes, then save that as a pattern (that's what I did).
I wish I had the skill set to make this from heavier gauge material, I can tell from the dings in the one I made that it has saved my fan numerous times.
As I said in my original post, this shield does not interfere with the PTO drive shaft to my 47" snowthrower, or with raising and lowering my 62" MMM. I would definitely buy one made from heavier stock if anyone could fab one.
Good luck, PM me if you have questions.

Attachments

• 100_1073.jpg
    100_1073.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 653