3 point Chipper ????

/ 3 point Chipper ????
The WM 8H is hydraulic feed :) The WM-8M is not. Both are long standing imports from China :( I have done extensive research and all have good reviews. There is a YouTube video of a review at 500 hours.😳
He says little to no problems other than regular maintenance.
I also looked at a bunch of other brands, reviews, videos etc.
The current sales pricing cinched it as i was also looking at some used units that sold for more than the sales price. on had almost 100 hours on it 😳
All of the WX series are US made

Last edited:
   / 3 point Chipper ???? #12  
That is exactly where I’m at. I’ve been searching for several months for a good deal on a used hydraulic feed chipper. The price on the WM hydraulic feed is a no-brainer. I ordered it today.

/ 3 point Chipper ????
Smart man ;)
it was a good thing I missed out on several used units that sold for more than the sale price with no shipping. Most were 3-10 hours, a few had been outside and one had almost 100 hours on it.
this was a DEAL!! 🎯🍻

Last edited:
   / 3 point Chipper ???? #14  
I bought my Wallenstein BX62S - Oct, 2013. $4500. This model isn't made any more. I've put over 400 hours on this unit - chipping the small pines I clear from my stands. The pines are all small ( 1" to 6" on the butt ) and freshly cut. There is no dirt on these trees - after ten years the blades are still sharp as razors.

Mine will chip up to 8". However - have you ever tried to man handle a green pine that is 8" on the butt. I do well just grunting a 6" pine - up and into the chipper.

There is one advantage to having/using a larger chipper. The rotor will usually be heavier. More inertia - easier chipping.

/ 3 point Chipper ???? #15  
I have a 8H on a 37hp tractor and I can easily bog it down. 23hp is not enough unless you are only chipping small branches, like 2" and less. If that's what you're doing the large throat will still be a benefit as you'll have to trim less.

I’ve had a WM-8H for 10 years now. 9 years were on my Boomer 30 with 28hp engine, 22.5hp pto. It chips nearly everything I’ve put through it. It can handle anything that isn’t firewood, though I may have to slow down the infeed or pause it a few times on a big log to let it recover.

That said, I got a 47hp LS last year, with 38 hp pto. It is much faster.

I wouldn’t be afraid of using the 8H on a 23hp tractor if it’s all you have. It won’t be as fast as a high HP tractor, but it will still work.

Only complaint on it is I wish I could use more than 20% of the hydraulic flow adjustment. It’s 0 to 100% speed in just a small portion of the travel.

/ 3 point Chipper ????
I’ve had a WM-8H for 10 years now. 9 years were on my Boomer 30 with 28hp engine, 22.5hp pto. It chips nearly everything I’ve put through it. It can handle anything that isn’t firewood, though I may have to slow down the infeed or pause it a few times on a big log to let it recover.

That said, I got a 47hp LS last year, with 38 hp pto. It is much faster.

I wouldn’t be afraid of using the 8H on a 23hp tractor if it’s all you have. It won’t be as fast as a high HP tractor, but it will still work.

Only complaint on it is I wish I could use more than 20% of the hydraulic flow adjustment. It’s 0 to 100% speed in just a small portion of the travel.

Thanks for the input. My unit is 32 HP with 23 at the PTO so I'm hoping it will do fine. Per WM 19@ the PTO is their recommended minimum. Main use will likely be for long limbs 3" or under with branches. ;)

/ 3 point Chipper ????
Om your comment regarding the flow adjustment, I don't have my unit yet so I can only assume you are referring to the hydraulic feed rate. If so I might contact Woodmaxx tech dept and ask about it as in all the research I've done yours id the first comment on it :)