3 pt Stone Crusher

/ 3 pt Stone Crusher #1  

KiotiKowboy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE HST Cub Cadet UTV Swisher RC17552BS NRA_Life
I have a 3500' rock drive. The material ranges from 1" to 6". This makes for a rough surface that is almost impossible to blade.

I was just digging around for ideas and came across "stone/rock crushers" :)

So far, I see none that will work on a 50HP machine ....

Do they exist?

Stone Crushers

/ 3 pt Stone Crusher #2  
Have you thought about a vibratory roller? They can be fitted with a "crusher" drum. Rented or contracted might be the only way to go.

SimS

/ 3 pt Stone Crusher #3  
Those units must work somewhat similar to a rototiller. I'll bet that is a wild ride. A quick check shows the smallest require 60 PTO hp. Most also require that the tractor have "creep" gearing.

/ 3 pt Stone Crusher #4  
Those units take a lot of horsepower to run! Bob

/ 3 pt Stone Crusher #5  
I watched a vibratory roller working a single lane crusher run road. It made quite a racket and I swear I could feel the ground shaking. The tractor was definitely creeping with the engine running at high rpm and, I think, working hard (but I don't remember how big a tractor). The machine looked mostly like an ordinary roller. I got the idea that what I was seeing was that there was a big weight internally, and it was rapidly bouncing up and down inside, hammering the roller down. Impressive.

/ 3 pt Stone Crusher #6  
I have a similar situation,
wherever large rocks appear,, I simply top coat the driveway with some mill run gravel,,
The big rocks stay down, and act as a great base for the driveway.

Actually, after a flood in 1985, my neighbor had several acres covered in 6-12 inch rocks,,
he let me scoop them up with my loader, and I dumped the rocks into ruts that the flood washed into my driveway,,

Those were covered with a layer of slate, then mill run gravel,, the driveway acts like it is paved,, always waterproof,,

Keep the rocks as they are, and be happy you have them as a foundation,,:thumbsup:

/ 3 pt Stone Crusher #7  
We've looked at the rock crusher type unit's they seem to need about 35 hp per foot of width and a cvt or creeper gear set.
The larger ones and guessing the smaller also are adjustable as to the size of the produced rubble the larger the faster or deeper then can be run.
Would still like one though.

/ 3 pt Stone Crusher #8  
I have a 3500' rock drive. The material ranges from 1" to 6". This makes for a rough surface that is almost impossible to blade.

I was just digging around for ideas and came across "stone/rock crushers" :)

So far, I see none that will work on a 50HP machine ....

Do they exist?

Stone Crushers

They are referred to as stone buriers actually and you can purchase them for 2 wheel tractors but with your situation you may just want to hire/rent a walk behind sheep's foot roller to pack it down.

Hiring the local sasquatches to break rock would get expensive when buying them lone star beer and replacement sledge hammers:laughing::laughing:

/ 3 pt Stone Crusher #9  
   / 3 pt Stone Crusher
Have you thought about a vibratory roller? They can be fitted with a "crusher" drum. Rented or contracted might be the only way to go.

SimS

I have.

There is one guy locally that has a vibratory sheep toe roller but he only works when he feels like it, so it's difficult to get on his calendar. This is what prompted me to look for an alternative.