3pt scraper blade question

/ 3pt scraper blade question #1  

Jeff Lary

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2950
I have a chance to buy a 3 pt hitch scraper blade? I think that is what it is called. The blade is 5' or 6 ' wide about a foot tall and can be angled.The guy that has them says he has 4 or 5 new, but about 4 years old and in un-used condition .He bought them then everybody wanted box type scrapers.I think they may be Wallenstine my question is how well do they work for thier purpose scraping or pushing dirt fill gravel? He want's $300.00 each.

/ 3pt scraper blade question #2  
I was just thinking about the very question yesterday when I saw a scraper blade on the side of the road for sale. It seems to be a boxblade is more efficient. Granted, I have never used a scraper blade so maybe I am wrong.

Would I give $300 for one. Nope.

/ 3pt scraper blade question #3  
I have a chance to buy a 3 pt hitch scraper blade? I think that is what it is called. The blade is 5' or 6 ' wide about a foot tall and can be angled.The guy that has them says he has 4 or 5 new, but about 4 years old and in un-used condition .He bought them then everybody wanted box type scrapers.I think they may be Wallenstine my question is how well do they work for thier purpose scraping or pushing dirt fill gravel? He want's $300.00 each.

Jeff could you post some pics of that rear blade ?
I don't think Wallenstine makes rear blades.
If they do accept my appologie in advance.
Could it be a Walco,Rhino,Befco,etc ?
Might be one heck of a deal if it is real heavy duty.
What tractor you plan on putting this on ? As you are aware when you angle a blade off you loose width.

Welcome - Wallenstein

Boone

/ 3pt scraper blade question #4  
Jeff, I have a scraper blade and I use it for many functions. However, I see you are in snow country (as am I) and you say the blade is 5 or 6 foot wide. You don't say what you have for a tractor, but you definately want a blade that is wider than your rear wheels when it is angled. I have a CUT and a five foot blade--been kicking myself for not getting a six footer ever since I bought the five. Second, there are scraper blades and there are would be scraper blades. Does this one tilt as well as angle? Is it heavy duty or just some sheet metal ? What brand is it? Do a little research and compare. There is some pretty good deals on used, as well.

/ 3pt scraper blade question #5  
If it's a decent blade, $300 is a good price. I use mine primarily for snow and loose materials, they aren't that good for grading compacted driveways. Try to get some more information as to exactly what they are, it will either make or break the deal.

Unless you have a small tractor, 6 feet is about as narrow as you'd want. Mine is a 6 footer on a Kubota L3400, and it's not as wide as I'd like for clearing snow.

Sean

/ 3pt scraper blade question
Yes I am just guessing at the make I did not ask the brand but he sells a lot of Wallenstein stuff. I would be using my Kubota L2950 30 hp it is 5' wide.
I do know that you lose width with angel. I think he said that they were 5' and 6'. I have not seen them yet. I asked this guy because he deals in this kind of attachments. I found one in my area that is used and about 6 or 7 years old with no name badge ,it is a yellow color and the guy wants $395.00. I thought that was too much so I called this other guy for a price check, and that was when he told me about the ones he has.

/ 3pt scraper blade question #7  
Jeff,if it were me I'd get a 7'-er for that tractor.
But like I said thats just my opinion.
However depending upon the make and model of those other blades,there might be a "buck'(not like the one in your avatar) :D to be made.

Boone

/ 3pt scraper blade question #8  
A seven footer is a good plan, if available. If the tractor won't handle it, you can always cut a foot off.. My 6 foot is just enough blade to cover my tracks when angled, but you can't wing the snow back much.

Sean