45 degrees is steep

/ 45 degrees is steep
So if the mower can ride at 45 degrees, why are there blocks on the sides of the wheels in the demo???

Probably for safety/insurance reasons.??
Would be logical guess.

After driving around the area, and seeing some of the slopes they mow with them, as well as people’s testimonials on here,
I have no doubts of their capabilities.. my capabilities are a different story though. LoL

/ 45 degrees is steep #42  
Years ago while working for a dealer we sold a Mow Cycle. It was made to mow steep areas, self leveling and appeared like the old trail bikes with a mower deck on each side. Back then it was expensive due to the self level hydraulics. You could service the blades by manually overriding the self level, he decks would lift and you could easily get to the blades of course one at a time. Other than that don't remember much about it. I guess this is the "new" evolved unit. ATM 72LC Slope Mower - safer solution to mowing slopes | Harper Turf

/ 45 degrees is steep #43  
Interesting that it keeps the engine vertical. That would resolve the oiling issue.

/ 45 degrees is steep #45  
Interesting picture. Does that look like a tight chain hooked to the rear (right side)?
There is a safety chain tied to the rear wheel but it's not in tension at all. Just a safety in case things go wrong.

Attachments

• antonio carraro tilt rear.jpg
    antonio carraro tilt rear.jpg
    940.1 KB · Views: 77
   / 45 degrees is steep #46  
Too many variables to go tempting fate. Today's "fine" 30-40° pitch is tomorrow's soft spot/ gopher tunnel and.... over she goes. Or, raise the loader 1-2" higher and it's enough to change center of gravity enough that it tips. Trust you gut, don't do it if it feels wrong. You never know how light those uphill tires really are

/ 45 degrees is steep #47  
I’d be more worried about sliding down the ditch, more than overturning. Too much momentum and distance and it will rollover when it hits bottom.

/ 45 degrees is steep #48  
That mow-cycle looks cool, but one wheel drive and steering, really?

/ 45 degrees is steep #49  
That mow-cycle looks cool, but one wheel drive and steering, really?
The one I have, an earlier model, is two wheel hydraulic drive. One wheel steering. It's very capable but meant for grass mowing, not a brush mower.

/ 45 degrees is steep #50  
I’d be more worried about sliding down the ditch, more than overturning. Too much momentum and distance and it will rollover when it hits bottom.
Or when it hits a stump or protruding rock when sliding.