/ 4707 #521  
Wet multi-disk clutches do not like to modulate a load.
Even though a motorcycle uses a multi disk wet clutch that is nice and smooth,
tractors with there electric/hydraulic engaged muti-disk clutches do not.

/ 4707 #522  
A jumpy azz clutch is just a no go when trying to do loader work or blow snow.

Don't try blowing snow or doing loader work near your house or shop or you just might end up going through a wall.

Well I'm not sure how much precision blowing i need to do, I feel like this could be an issue for me. I really started this entire tractor ordeal so I could clear the bulk of my driveway, and work on pasture as a bonus. I guess Ill have to find out for myself and get on the tractor right away to get used to it.

Yall got me wondering if I should have gone for a hydrostatic tractor hah. I imagine those are the most brain dead easy for loader and blowing?

/ 4707 #523  
Well I'm not sure how much precision blowing i need to do, I feel like this could be an issue for me. I really started this entire tractor ordeal so I could clear the bulk of my driveway, and work on pasture as a bonus. I guess Ill have to find out for myself and get on the tractor right away to get used to it.

Yall got me wondering if I should have gone for a hydrostatic tractor hah. I imagine those are the most brain dead easy for loader and blowing?
Hydro is is ridiculously easy and fast for loader work, but it does come with a few penalties:

1. On farm equipment (things that are not yellow), hydro is typically loud.

2. Hydro sucks HP way more than geared transmissions.

3. Many times you have a need to change ranges while operating the tractor, and with hydro you have to come to a complete stop to do it.

/ 4707 #524  
I had only one regret going to the 4707 from a Kubota L5740.
I flat out loved that Kubota hydrostatic for loader work. You could carefully creep along, particularly if I had a guy up in a
man lift with the bucket all the way up. Doing that in a stick trans, frankly most clutches, could never be that smooth.

I still think there is a market out there for a 100hp hydrostatic.
however no one agrees with me... :sneaky:

/ 4707 #525  
You could carefully creep along, particularly if I had a guy up in a
man lift with the bucket all the way up. Doing that in a stick trans, frankly most clutches, could never be that smooth.
IF, you couldn't/can't do that with a "stick trans", then that's on you not the trans or clutch!

I use a low RPM and first gear and just let the clutch out, no jerking around at all. If I need to speed up, I open the throttle to get more speed.

SR

/ 4707 #526  
You must be way more skilled than I Rob.

/ 4707 #528  
I'll have to disagree Rob;
with my "power shuttle" in the Branson 8050 it is very difficult to get a smooth engagement, it does the shudder/chatter when trying.
The Puma 125 and the NH 6050 are both much more controllable but still a bit touchy depending on the temperature of the hydraulic fluids.
It seems to be a characteristic of many of the less expensive power shuttles.
When the NH 6050 was new they (the dealer) came out several times to work with the computer to get a shift and "clutch" pedal feel that was acceptable.
Some can be calibrated or tunes for a smoother engagment, some vary considerably with the fluid temperature.
I've used mine enough hours that in first gear and low range it is usually not dangerous, it can be embarrassingly rough when hooking up to equipment around others.
And the first gear high range is always rough with the foot clutch, using the forward/reverse lever is usually smoother.
The 0ne to Five volt rheostat in the "clutch" pedal is not linear enough or something

/ 4707 #529  
Lou, from what I have seen, a lot of these tractors today just won't idle down enough, my neighbor bought a new john deere and that's "one of" the things he hates about it and deere says there's nothing they can do about it.

I don't own a tractor with a power shuttle as RELIABILITY is absolutely at the top of my list, so anymore I buy tractors that don't have all the "do dads" that aren't really necessary.

I buy tractors that use KISS technology! lol

SR