474HC Will it pull logs?

/ 474HC Will it pull logs? #12  
Oh, are you going cabbed? ROPS wouldn’t be an issue

/ 474HC Will it pull logs? #13  
Unless these downed trees are absolute monsters, I don't think you'll have any issues at all pulling the logs out with a 474 sized chassis.

I think traction will be you're limiting factor here, not tractor chassis size.

I've pulled some pretty hard pulls with my 25 series, 4200 lb bare chassis, 7100 lbs all dressed up for the party. Keep it in 4wd and low range if you're pulling on monsters and worried about it. You can always cut the logs shorter if they're massive.

No where in this thread have you mentioned how big the actual logs will be. That is key information. How big? What species of tree? There are lumber weight charts that will give you a good estimate of how much actual weight you're dealing with.

/ 474HC Will it pull logs?
Unless these downed trees are absolute monsters, I don't think you'll have any issues at all pulling the logs out with a 474 sized chassis.

I think traction will be you're limiting factor here, not tractor chassis size.

I've pulled some pretty hard pulls with my 25 series, 4200 lb bare chassis, 7100 lbs all dressed up for the party. Keep it in 4wd and low range if you're pulling on monsters and worried about it. You can always cut the logs shorter if they're massive.

No where in this thread have you mentioned how big the actual logs will be. That is key information. How big? What species of tree? There are lumber weight charts that will give you a good estimate of how much actual weight you're dealing with.
Logs are 30-40 ft, white oaks, not green, 14-20" diameter. I am figuring I will have to cut them up. I would like the 494 but would have to cut the rop down in order to put a permanent sunshade on top. Thanks for the info.
1708362111997.png

/ 474HC Will it pull logs? #15  
Heck if you cut those in half, I'm thinking your current Kioti could drag those all over heck and back (one at a time, of course).

Certainly wouldn't be a problem with the 474 or similar sized chassis.

/ 474HC Will it pull logs? #17  
Load the tires and it will pull like a mule I’m sure

/ 474HC Will it pull logs?
I am having a local guy fabricate a 3 point log skidder, I was thinking of having him mount a 2" hitch receiver on the top of it so I can put my 24x48 storage rack on top to store chainsaws and other gear when skidding. I am not sure if it will be in the way or not. Hoping someone who has done skidding could chime in.

/ 474HC Will it pull logs? #20  
Barn only has an 8ft door.

This is the reason I went with a T474 vs a T494. The 474 fits in my garage with an 8' door with a few inches to spare. The 494, although my first choice, would not fit.

I pull logs out of the woods all the time.