Comparison 4wd Kubota tractor choices ????

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #31  
Well? :)

Wrooster

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ????
Greetings,

Still working on it :)

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #33  
You did mention hills. The larger BX with the 60" mower could give you the option of adding the wheel spacers on the rear end. I don't have them on mine, but those that do say it makes a huge difference on a sidehill. You did mention some gates though. Any chance you could move some posts and get 6 foot gates?

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #34  
You did mention hills. The larger BX with the 60" mower could give you the option of adding the wheel spacers on the rear end. I don't have them on mine, but those that do say it makes a huge difference on a sidehill. You did mention some gates though. Any chance you could move some posts and get 6 foot gates?

Excellent point on the wheel spacers working better on the larger deck.

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #35  
Excellent point on the wheel spacers working better on the larger deck.

This tread is fairly old (2011), but I'll post a reply anyway, considering the topic discussed is still relevant four years later and that a comment might be useful to somebody.

GR2120 ( I've owned one for three years now, bought brand new) is a high-end riding lawn mower, diesel engine, 4WD and a lot of traction. Works perfectly on steep inclines I could not mow with a 2WD. Glide steer prevent any damage to the turf. It is lightweight (900 pounds with mower, 800 without). It can easily tow its own weight. Gear and transmission casings are cast aluminum. Ground clearance is modest, especially under the rear axle. Can accomodate a limited number of appliances. Personally, I only use a sturdy trailer at summer time. To clear snow, I acquired a Honda HSS1332, track, perfectly suited for the job.

BX series are compact tractors, diesel powered, 4WD, PTO, hydraulic outlets, can accomodate a large number of powered or non-powered appliances. Built is accordingly sturdy with heavy geared transmissions encased in cast iron. They can be fitted with mowers as well. Weighs around 1,500 pounds without any appliance. BUT: mowing is not what they are first designed to do. In tight spots and on short turns,
one wheel will not turn at the proper speed and will scrape the grass while slightly spinning.
A neighbour came about with his JD 4WD compact tractor to help me out with heavier tasks. As he turned on the turf, his machine just pulled off the grass from the front wheels. Turf was not destroyed entirely, but traces remained apparent for a couple of weeks.

There is no way to compare those two series: they are different machines primarily designed for different purposes. You have to properly assess your needs and priority before buying. I just outlined the results you will get with either one of them.

Raber

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ????
Raber, its rather stunning your sense of timing on this thread fromyears ago. Why? Because justFriday june 5th I took delivery of my 1st tractor . . for a thread topic I began 4 years ago.

And you are correct . . everything discussed by many of us back then is still current topic of just this week.

Historically the Kubota GR2010/GR2110 (gas) and GR2020/GR2120 (diesel) have been a unique choice in the Kubota family. At the time in 2010 + 2011 they were quite new product and had some considerable transmission gremlins that dealers ended up repairing. Once corrected at the dealers and at Kubota . . they have been very reliable and capable. At my recent visit to my dealer their price on the duesel version was very attractive compared to the bx pricing.

I just recommended one to a friend actually.

But in my personal case . . I continued the ideas brought out by this thread of a sub compact . . and until early April it was going to be a BX choice. But as I mentioned, things change and I adapted as well. My new tractor is surprisingly not orange . . its red. A Massey GC1715 and a new dealer choice as well.

TBN over the last 7 years has been and continues to be a great source of information , ideas, and insights by people who ahare and use the equipment.

I can honestly say . . TBN posters educated and influenced my efforts more than all the dealers and brochures combined. I did extensive research on my own . . but TBN over the years helped explain some of the possibilities or potential.

Orange or red . . . Its about people using powered tools to get things accomplished . . with a smile on their face :)