Comparison 4wd Kubota tractor choices ????

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #11  
Greetings,
I already sat on them a year. As for driving them in the dealer lot - it only applies if i was cutting flat land with fescues and st. Augustine grasses. I have none of those things. Also show room condition is much different than opinions from 5 year users.

My natural tendency would be a bx25, but I'd probably only use a back hoe 3 or 4 times a year AND cost AND 400 more pounds mowing weight.

I've found users say things brochures and salesmen don't, too. : -)

So I've eliminated cub cadet and several others. I'm down to 3 total choices GR2120 (not a 2110), or a BX1860 or BX2360.

My choice would be the BX1860. Have you searched or asked on the lawn and garden forum about the GR2120? Should be lots of useful infor there. Let us know which way you go and how you like it. Philip.

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #12  
I was looking at GR's when I bought my BX. I have a pretty hilly yard and wanted the 4 wheel drive. The saleman said they didn't sell many GR's and let my ride around on a BX. It was the smartest thing I ever bought. I don't know what your property looks like, but don't discount a front end loader. I orginally didn't buy a FEL, but almost half of the hours on my machine is using the FEL.

I also wouldn't discount the larger decks. The size of the deck doesn't affect how the tractor turns, just what it will fit between. I wouldn't worry about the horsepower difference between 18 and 23, get the machine that fits your needs best.

To be honset, a BX is probably not quite as good a mower as a dedicated mowing machine. It's advantage is all the other stuff it does. It will be better for blowing-pushing snow. It can have a FEL. It has a 3 point hitch which allows for a lot of attachments.

Good luck in your search.

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ????
PHILIP8N said:
My choice would be the BX1860. Have you searched or asked on the lawn and garden forum about the GR2120? Should be lots of useful infor there. Let us know which way you go and how you like it. Philip.

Thanks Philip, between the couple of different lawn and tractor forums, I continue to see many good comments on the bx products - unfortunately my original plan of a gr2110 dream machine doesn't show up well on the forums( problems with transmissions, cut quality, and front end reliability components etc.). And I have yet to hear that the GR2120 model has fixed all the problems of the prior model. Kubota is too good for this to persist - so either they fixed the 2110 problems in the new model or it is destined to be eliminated. As a result, like your opinion, I'm starting to move more to the BX bandwagon more. That said, choosing between the 2360 and the 1860 is still a significant financial decision.

I contine to appreciate reader opinions and insights.

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #14  
All GR's are 4WD.

You know, it's getting apparent to me that I don't visit the Kubota dealer often enough to know stuff like this. You don't find it anywhere on the Kubota web site - at least where I looked. Yours truly stands humbly corrected, but the BX still gets my vote for AxleHub.

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #15  
Ask your dealer if they can do a BX demo with the same size deck to make sure that it wont be too big.
Ours had a used BX2200 on the lot that we demoed. We ended up getting a new BX2660 with a cab and front blade.

Aaron Z

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #16  
Greetings,
I already sat on them a year. As for driving them in the dealer lot - it only applies if i was cutting flat land with fescues and st. Augustine grasses. I have none of those things. Also show room condition is much different than opinions from 5 year users.

My natural tendency would be a bx25, but I'd probably only use a back hoe 3 or 4 times a year AND cost AND 400 more pounds mowing weight.

I've found users say things brochures and salesmen don't, too. : -)

So I've eliminated cub cadet and several others. I'm down to 3 total choices GR2120 (not a 2110), or a BX1860 or BX2360.

I got the BX25 and use the BH a lot. Also, it is so easy to remove in the Fall so I can attach my (very sturdy) rear-mount blower. I plow with the ATV for the lighter stuff, since it is VERY fast, and then use the blower when it gets really deep (over 8 or 10 inches). That way I can use the FEL for piling up snow when needed, and getting into tight spots. Also, the BX25 is tough as nails and I have done a lot with the FEL. The smaller BX's just weren't sturdy enough for me.

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #17  
I got the BX25 and use the BH a lot. Also, it is so easy to remove in the Fall so I can attach my (very sturdy) rear-mount blower. I plow with the ATV for the lighter stuff, since it is VERY fast, and then use the blower when it gets really deep (over 8 or 10 inches). That way I can use the FEL for piling up snow when needed, and getting into tight spots. Also, the BX25 is tough as nails and I have done a lot with the FEL. The smaller BX's just weren't sturdy enough for me.

The smaller BX's weren't sturdy? I hate to say it, but your BX25 is the same as all the others. Its not any better built, it just has a subframe for the backhoe and the hydrualics for it.

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #18  
When pressed, I've had a couple of Kubota dealers not recommend the GR series for steep, or hilly yards. Although Kubota has beefed up the transmissions in these tractors, they still have issues on hilly ground, or so I have frequently heard. The steering on the BX is very light, and nice, but the turning circle is somewhat larger than the "glidesteer" on the GR. The seating position on the GR seems very high to me, and I feel more stable on a BX. I would choose the BX hands down in this match for your hilly area. For me, the diesel isn't important at all for this class mower, and I would choose a JD, or Simplicity in the same price range over the GR. (what precentage of professional mowers use diesel? I think it is pretty low)

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #19  
(what precentage of professional mowers use diesel? I think it is pretty low)

pro mowers outfits use mostly F series diesel around here in industrial parks and such, I also see some BX

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ????
More good opinions - thanks - especially any comments about the steering and handling withturns and hill comfort. This weekend was another adventure in rider cutting where for half the lawn I'm leaning sideways so much I can practically touch the grass ( think motocross type leaning).

Since I started this thread, i've been thing more excluvely about BX products than the GR because of fel and 3 point hitch uses. The 1860 size is a plus ( plus weight) , but the 2360 has heavier fel and 5 more horses.

1. If a bx2360 and bx25 are same size and engine except for sub frame, hydraulics for hoe, and seat, why do they have different fel but virtually identical fel specs?

2. Can a 48 inch deck for a bx1860 be used on a 2360 and a bx25 (54 inch 2360 can be used on a 1860)?

3. Anything bad about using biodiesel in the bx engines?