Comparison 4wd Kubota tractor choices ????

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #21  
". Can a 48 inch deck for a bx1860 be used on a 2360 and a bx25 (54 inch 2360 can be used on a 1860)?"

There has been at least one member who has mounted the 48" deck on a BX2360 size machine, but it does take some work. With a longer wheelbase, and different mounting points doing so is not for faint hearted users. I would just get the BX1860. ( It will be easier to justify keeping it WHEN you buy your next tractor) :D :D

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #22  
This weekend was another adventure in rider cutting where for half the lawn I'm leaning sideways so much I can practically touch the grass ( think motocross type leaning).

Is it really that bad? The GR and BX are both going to have high center of gravities. Should you look at a ZTR mower with a lower center of gravity? Philip.

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ????
PHILIP8N said:
Is it really that bad? The GR and BX are both going to have high center of gravities. Should you look at a ZTR mower with a lower center of gravity? Philip.

Compared to my current rider, a bx or gr would add 6 inches of actual width plus 4wd. A zero turn would not be usable going up the incline ( way to front-end light) nor would it be possible to use going sideways on the long incline.

Zero turns are fine on flat land or slight 5 degree inclines.

And a big part has todo with the type of grass. Pure dense bluegrass is much "slipperier " on an incline - than fescues or st augustine unless it is without dew , without fog and without rain.

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #24  
I was in the exact situation as you. I've used the GR & own a BX 2360. The GR with the glide steer is awesome for just mowing. It also does a great job blowing snow. It turns on a dime and the quality of mow is very nice. I own the BX. It does a decent job mowing. In my opinion does not mow quite as nice as the GR & is not quite as manuverable. The FEL is handy. It comes off in minutes. The BX is a good bit more of a "tractor". You can use it for other attachments. At the end of the day, I think I made the right choice & am glad I got the BX2360. I love it. Good luck.

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #25  
Need a good grass cutter for 1.5 acres
Want a 48 inch mower deck (manueverability)
The bx 1860 has a 48 deck.
The BX1860 is available with a 48" or 54" deck. I would opine to you that with 1.5 acres to mow, that you go with the 54" deck. It is actually *easier* to mow around trees and landscaping with the 54" deck, compared to the 48" deck. The reason for this is that the 54" deck protrudes slightly to the right and left of the tractor, and allows you to get closer to the tree/shrubs/etc than you would ordinarily be able to. This reduces and in some cases eliminates any sort of finishing work you may have to do with a string trimmer or hand mower.

I cut the same amount of grass as you are looking to cut, my property is laden with trees and landscaping features, and I speak from 2 years of BX1860 experience that the 54" deck is a better option than the 48" deck.

The BX1860 turns on a dime and you'll have no maneuverability issues -- and compared to the 48" deck, the 54" deck will allow you to complete your mowing job 12.5% faster. :laughing:

See also,
Kubota BX1860 Review by wrooster - TractorByNet.com

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2340638-post27.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2341639-post35.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2341647-post36.html

Wrooster

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #27  
". Can a 48 inch deck for a bx1860 be used on a 2360 and a bx25 (54 inch 2360 can be used on a 1860)?"

There has been at least one member who has mounted the 48" deck on a BX2360 size machine, but it does take some work. With a longer wheelbase, and different mounting points doing so is not for faint hearted users. I would just get the BX1860. ( It will be easier to justify keeping it WHEN you buy your next tractor) :D :D

Hi Chuck. Good memory.

I did it. I currently have the 48" Deck mounted to the larger frame BX. It can be done. Mine is the BX2660, but there will be no difference with the BX2360. The 48" deck isn't quite as nice as the larger decks for rotating scalp wheels 90 deg for removal and a couple other things but it is lighter and does the job very well while keeping narrow to fit between the trees which fit my needs best. The deck will fit using the longer front bracket from the larger frame tractor larger decks. I made a modification for the raised height that allowed for some rubber to be between the deck and frame when fully raised but shouldn't be required to make fit.

Either tractor you decide will do a good job for you.

/ 4wd Kubota tractor choices ???? #28  
I have a 60" MMM on my BX25 and it does a great job on my lawn. It is a pain to install and remove the mower deck but the cut is worth the effort. I don't like to have the mower deck on the tractor while I'm using the backhoe or FEL. The 60" deck has one a "balance bar" that the smaller decks don't have so I don't know if the smaller decks will cut as well.

TheFlatlander said:
I did it. I currently have the 48" Deck mounted to the larger frame BX. It can be done. Mine is the BX2660, but there will be no difference with the BX2360. The 48" deck isn't quite as nice as the larger decks for rotating scalp wheels 90 deg for removal and a couple other things but it is lighter and does the job very well while keeping narrow to fit between the trees which fit my needs best.

Either tractor you decide will do a good job for you.

I heard something i hadn't heard before. . . The concept that one size of deck cuts dfferently or is built dfferently other than size.

Between a 48 inch, 54 inch, and 60 inch - what are the differences other than width and weight.in the sizes. ? What does the "finish decks" do that the regular one doesn't. (I understand "lift" concept but doesn't.everyone want good cuttung unless its a brush mower? )

Went to a dealer on Saturday to look at the BX models in stock and the GR. They had all 4 BX models new plus a new GR2110( note, not a GR2120).

I'm out there with a tape measure measuring for an hour before even sitting on any of them. This forum reading the last month or so has given me alot of other knowledge to evaluate beyond brochures and salesman banter.

I was surprised how similar in size a gr2110 is to all of the BX products. Also surprised at this time of year, that they have all the models in stock PLUS used BX product too.

Brochures don't Tell you the foot platform height on a BX1860 and a BX25 are almost idential height, with the BX2360 and 2660 being more than an inch taller.

Measured my neighbor's JD X728 width at 48+ inches (outside of back tire to outside of back tire) while Bx products are all 44.

But they all cost like cars. :)

Bx 1860, 2360 or 25 ??? Its going to be some negotiatin' over the next couple weeks to see what my choices/bottom dollar pricing turns out to be.

Any input is always welcomed.