6520 4WD tire pressure

/ 6520 4WD tire pressure #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
What is the max tire pressure I can run in my Ag tires on front? :confused: The book says 30, but yesterday while moving a whole sweetgun tree I noticed they were almost flat.:eek: I had the trunk caught in the bucket just above the roots and about 40 feet of tree hanging out the other side. :cool: I could feel my rear end, counterweighted with my 511 BH, starting to raise on each bump I went over. Needless to say when I noticed the tires, I dropped the load and pushed it to the burning pile. :(
hugs, Brandi

/ 6520 4WD tire pressure #2  
Brandi,
Check the sidewall of the tire for the max pressure. The manual probably shows the recommended tire pressure under normal conditions/use. My manual shows 25.6 psi for the front tire but the sidewall shows 45 psi max.

Joe

/ 6520 4WD tire pressure #3  
Brandi,
The max inflation which is marked on the tire is 36 PSI. That says a lot for the power of the loader and a good testimonial for the tractor. And by the way I wish I had speakers on my computer so I could here what you have to say, but I don't and I guess I'm not a good lip reader. Take care and good luck!

/ 6520 4WD tire pressure #4  
I filled mine 80% with water and can run at 20psi w/o flattening too bad. Unladen loader /tractor rides better than un filled that have 30psi. I think I may end up filling mine a little fuller on both ends -90%- when I do excavation work, to limit front back tipping. Since its just water I can drain it out when Im done.
larry

/ 6520 4WD tire pressure
LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
Brandi,
The max inflation which is marked on the tire is 36 PSI. That says a lot for the power of the loader and a good testimonial for the tractor. And by the way I wish I had speakers on my computer so I could here what you have to say, but I don't and I guess I'm not a good lip reader. Take care and good luck!
Galen,
Thanks. I should have thought about checking the sidewall.:confused: You need to go get speakers to hear it. :rolleyes: Funny thing about that tree I dug up and pushed over in the video. It was the first Sweetgum I have ever seen that had two large tap roots running off to the side. Usually they have one tap root and are easy to "tip" over. ;) It just happened I pushed it over on the second tap root and I didn't see it. Imagine my surprise when I drove around and hooked my loader under that tree trunk and lifted! :eek: I had my right back wheel off the ground before I knew it. Sad to say they deleted that part. :( I would have loved to have seen my face!
hugs, Brandi

/ 6520 4WD tire pressure
GIJOE said:
Brandi,
Check the sidewall of the tire for the max pressure. The manual probably shows the recommended tire pressure under normal conditions/use. My manual shows 25.6 psi for the front tire but the sidewall shows 45 psi max.

Joe
Joe,
I just walked out and checked my sidewall. It says 30 psi max. I also checked them. They have about 26 and 28 psi.
hugs, Brandi

/ 6520 4WD tire pressure
SPYDERLK said:
I filled mine 80% with water and can run at 20psi w/o flattening too bad. Unladen loader /tractor rides better than un filled that have 30psi. I think I may end up filling mine a little fuller on both ends -90%- when I do excavation work, to limit front back tipping. Since its just water I can drain it out when Im done.
larry
Spyderlk,
I just noticed a small sidewall crack on mine. :( I wonder how many times in the past I have lifted something and drove off with it and didn't catch the almost flat tires. :mad: I think I may load my front tires. Any idea how much weight they are filled? I gather from your post above you are stating the tires are stiffer with them filled? :confused: Seems since I bought the Big Red Beast, I have been getting everything supersized. I bought higher weight rated trailer tires, I have been considering trading my Ram 2500 in on a Ram 3500.........and now it might be a case of heftier front tires on the Beast!!! :eek: :cool: :cool: :D

/ 6520 4WD tire pressure #8  
Brandi, There is a table somewhere on the forum that gives # @ 75% fill for various sized tires. I have just been assuming 20G/tire, which, with water, would be 160# ea. What size are your tires? I seem to remember theyre a little smaller both ends than the 7520. Youve got AGs? Anyway, Yes a filled tire has less air, therefore the compression ratio is higher as the tire flattens. The pressure will go up quicker as it flattens and keep it from flattening as much. I also like the idea of the added front weight, not supported by the axle, for loader work.
larry

/ 6520 4WD tire pressure #9  
The lower weight rating of the ag tires is one of the reasons that I went with R4's. The ags are not intended for use with a FEL. The specs for the 7520 front tires, R1=2320 lbs, R4's=4710 lbs. Different tires have different purposes. Ag tires are made to work out in the field, industrial tires are made for industrial type use. I know that we all use our tractors for many uses, but that doesn't change what the intended use for the type of tire that we each have is. Your R1's were never intended for FEL use. We all have to make due with our decisions. Buy the way, the difference in how the tractor works and feels is literally unbelievable with the tires filled. I filled all 4 tires after the first year and it made a big, big, big difference in traction and stability Fill your tires and you will be much better off in my opinion.;)

Just some more info for you.

Good luck

/ 6520 4WD tire pressure
MtnViewRanch said:
The lower weight rating of the ag tires is one of the reasons that I went with R4's. The ags are not intended for use with a FEL. The specs for the 7520 front tires, R1=2320 lbs, R4's=4710 lbs. Different tires have different purposes. Ag tires are made to work out in the field, industrial tires are made for industrial type use. I know that we all use our tractors for many uses, but that doesn't change what the intended use for the type of tire that we each have is. Your R1's were never intended for FEL use. We all have to make due with our decisions. Buy the way, the difference in how the tractor works and feels is literally unbelievable with the tires filled. I filled all 4 tires after the first year and it made a big, big, big difference in traction and stability Fill your tires and you will be much better off in my opinion.;)

Just some more info for you.

Good luck

Brian & Spyderlk,
The 6520 and 7520 R4s are the same size, front and rear. The front R1s are a little wider on the 7520 and the rear tires are two inches bigger in diameter on the 7520. I never thought about R1s and R4s having a weight rating difference. :eek: When I was asked what I wanted,,,,,,I was thinking about the muddy work I was going to be doing and was thinking traction only vs. saving turf. I never used a loader before so OOPS.:rolleyes: Thus my R1 choice. I would choose R4s now. But at least now I got higher ground clearance........which is great when I go into a stump hole half filled with dirt to pack it down. :D I think I can fill the fronts and still be under trailer gross weight. Guess I will just fill one and weigh it. Might even fill all and buy a new trailer. ;)
From my owner's manual.........Ag......front........1870 pound rated @ 30 psi
Industrial....front........4710 pound rated @ 46 psi. That is a big difference. The manual says my front axle weighs 2705 pounds, which seems low. Add the FEL weight (approx. 2000 pounds) and what it will lift (3900 pounds:D ) and I am making those front R1s cry hard. That is 8605 pounds. :eek: I love the traction I get with the R1s on front. Guess when these wear out, I will see about finding a higher rated R1. I am sure that would be cheaper than new R4s and rims. I am guessing R4s on front and R1s on the rear would work. But it will look odd. ;) But then,. my Ford 3055 looked odd with those extra bars (English) between the chevrons on the rear.
FYI.......my Mahindra salesman and "his hay crew" just bought a 7520 to pull a baler. He is also the guy who found me 3500 pound rated trailer tires for $105 each. Guess I will go see him Monday and ask for prices on higher rated front R1s. Oh yeah.......my manual says I can fill my tires to 80%.......or the tire valve stem at the one o'clock position. Down here an hour north of Houston, we usually don't have freezing weather more than 8 hours at a time, once or twice a year. I am more worrried about rusting inside the rims than freezing. What is the best solution for not rusting? Sorry if some of this doesn't make sense, as it is Tequila Saturday night. :) :p :)
hugs, Brandi