Loader A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #31  
A friend broke his Ford 1710 in a similar manner when he hand loaded the bucket with crushed rock. By hand loading it he was able to greatly exceed the weight capacity that the tractor was capable of carrying and when he hit a hole while carrying the stone it was over in a few seconds.

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #32  
Looks like a sketchy setup to me. Yanmar 187 had full subframe for the bucket. Why they go away from that?

Loaders still do have subframes. The older ones had a frame that went to the front and to the rear of the tractor. The newer ones only go to the rear, but it seems the mounting points on the transmission case are made more beefy.

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #33  
Unless he was trying a high speed drive, then plunge the bucket down.
That's what the first pic looks like to me, the bucket is digging into the ground after going off the driveway. I'd guess he had a good head of steam going, (maybe the tires are loaded as well which would increase the force), had the bucket angled down which then plunged into the ground when it hit dirt, dug in and stopped the tractor cold.

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #34  
I have seen a ford 641 and a ford 3000 broke in half. They were not immune.
I'm sure you can break anything if you try hard enough but these modern tractors are going to break a lot easier. They are built as cheap as possible. Everything is about shareholders now rather then customers.

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #36  
I think you mean light farm tractors cannot be expected to do the work of industrial tractors with dozer blades or even with loaders attached. You can find lots of tractor failures if you watch YouTube mostly from India. One must operate within the limits of a machine. Those little home farm helper tractors are the next step above a garden tractors. They rate these types of tractors by horsepower which is deceiving. The two big things are torque and weight. Using those loaders for other purposes continually will likely have adverse consequences. Machines of all sizes have limitations.

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #37  
Generally, the weight and horsepower of a machine limit how much it can damage itself. Tractors from India are generally inferior quality.

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #38  
That's why a sub-frame will make a huge difference!
What tractors have a sub-frame? Note that I don't know what a sub-frame is either!

/ A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #39  
Deere isn’t going to warranty a tractor that’s 23 years old.
This one is allegedly 13 years old, which is still a stretch unless a manufacturing fault was identified.

I have used my 2003 JD 4310 with loader for a lot of heavy tasks, like carrying 40 to 50 ft, 12 to 16" trees I cut down, wet sand I dug out of the ditch, cutting the roots around the base of a stump until I could get the stump out, sometimes while running into it at a speeds that probably were too fast, etc. The bucket is bent in places but no other issues. If you have a tractor, you are likely going to "abuse" it at some point because it is the only tool you have that has a chance of getting the job done at all, or faster, or without spending more money, etc.

Last edited:
   / A gentle reminder that tractors are not dozers #40  
What tractors have a sub-frame? Note that I don't know what a sub-frame is either!
A secondary frame that reinforces the tractor. You can add one to any tractor. Example: