A new NAA project now someday a new loader

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #71  
sounds good so far!

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader
Located and cleaned the loader filter. Also found this seal floating around in there. It is smaller than the filter so i'm not sure where it came from.
I also built a simple grill with expanded steel to protect that expensive radiator.

ForumRunner_20130417_204955.png

ForumRunner_20130417_205023.png

ForumRunner_20130417_205111.png

ForumRunner_20130417_205156.png

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #73  
deffintely looks better clean!

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #74  
Just read your thread you must be having fun. But I have a question, where did the power steering come from? As far as I was aware power steering didn't come out til the o1 series, of course it would fit right on the NAA no problem and from the looks of the hydraulic plate it sure is an NAA. Just curious is all.

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #75  
power stering was available as an option from 55+

my 1955 issued manual shows this option..

a ps setup from any 55-64 ag chassie can be put on a NAA etc.

Well i bought the tractor with the ps. I suspect soundguy is right in that it came from a post 55.
The pump on this one is on the right side of the engine (opposite the generator) and is driven by it's own belt off a two groove crank pulley.
It was empty of fluid when i got it but seems to work once fluid was added.
The local tractor scrap yard told me the ps assembly was worth 1200 bucks so i figured it had extra value if the motor didn't work out....but so far so good.
My hydro hoses shipped today:)

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #77  
keep an eye on the fluid. if it's a super small leak... like needs add 1/year.. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Yeah i'm not going to be chasing every small leak...as someone else on this forum said the leaks are just the tractor marking its territory.

/ A new NAA project now someday a new loader #79  
if it was a parade machine 100% resto.. I'd reseal or repalce the pump.. as a worker.. a very MINOR oil leak wouldn't overly bother me.

Well my hoses arrived on wed while i was away on a trip. (Joshua tree nat'l park). Got back to the machine this evening. One box is marked as an 84 inch long hose but contains a 60 inch hose...!*&@#$/*....anyone have a hose stretcher i can borrow?. Technical support doesn't open till monday. Given the money saved it was probably worth it but had i had them made locally i'd be rolling by now.