Adding a step on the right side of a CK2610

/ Adding a step on the right side of a CK2610 #1  

mangler

Gold Member
Tractor
Sears G5500, Kioti CK2610
Has anyone done this on their CK series tractor? With fender mount loader controls there is plenty of space to get on from the right side. Only 60 hrs in I can't count the number of times I "hoisted" myself on the right side already. Step is like 60$, just wondering if anyone has installed it on the right side yet, how it fits etc.

/ Adding a step on the right side of a CK2610 #2  
I'm thinking of doing the same once I get mine. I have the loader controls in the way on mine, but I don't think it will be a big deal squeezing past it...

/ Adding a step on the right side of a CK2610 #3  
weird, my dk45 has steps on both sides. i thought the ck series would also have them. im sure you T4620-70221could make one yourself or have someone fab one up. I see Michigan iron sells them
T4620-70221

Last edited:
   / Adding a step on the right side of a CK2610
They probably cheaped out on the new CKs. I believe the DKs are a higher end model. Yours probably even came with a stock floor mat!

/ Adding a step on the right side of a CK2610 #5  
Yes it did. And 3 cup holders...
and even a mp3 player cord by one cup holder.

/ Adding a step on the right side of a CK2610 #6  
They probably cheaped out on the new CKs. I believe the DKs are a higher end model. Yours probably even came with a stock floor mat!
DKs actually have less niceties and options stock from what I saw (cabs get you all kinds of nice add-ons, for all models). They are a heavier tractor so leave stuff out so the price jump isn't as bad. I do sometimes wish for a right-side step as well.

But hey, my CK SE came with a floor mat ;)

/ Adding a step on the right side of a CK2610 #7  
If you plan on adding Kioti 3rd function remote you'll see the connections are mounted right where the step on the right side would be.

The third function runs my grapple and my snow plow.

/ Adding a step on the right side of a CK2610 #8  
Mangler, yes, I did this on my 2018 CK3510SE HST as one of the first mods. Also installed one on a buddy's identical tractor. The step as a separate add-on part is identical to the left-side step, but is Kioti gray. If you found it for only $60, that's a bargain. Mine was about $93!

It bolts right up to the pre-existing holes, with four hex-head metric cap screws that you can source locally. But, there is a factory-installed bracket that must be bent slightly to avoid interference. See attached pic. The bracket is probably there for future installation of a proprietary Kioti 3rd Function kit that was just becoming available at the time, so Wassup8687's caution is well taken! In my case it was a non-issue because I have a dealer-installed W.R. Long 3rd function, which does not use the bracket. In fact, the bracket was used only as an attachment point for the hydraulic lines with cable ties.

I reported on this in a TBN thread in June 2019, in more detail. Here's the link: Anyone put a step on the right side of a ck3510?

Let us know how you make out.

Attachments

• Right-side step on CK3510SE HST.jpg
    Right-side step on CK3510SE HST.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
   / Adding a step on the right side of a CK2610
Mangler, yes, I did this on my 2018 CK3510SE HST as one of the first mods. Also installed one on a buddy's identical tractor. The step as a separate add-on part is identical to the left-side step, but is Kioti gray. If you found it for only $60, that's a bargain. Mine was about $93!

It bolts right up to the pre-existing holes, with four hex-head metric cap screws that you can source locally. But, there is a factory-installed bracket that must be bent slightly to avoid interference. See attached pic. The bracket is probably there for future installation of a proprietary Kioti 3rd Function kit that was just becoming available at the time, so Wassup8687's caution is well taken! In my case it was a non-issue because I have a dealer-installed W.R. Long 3rd function, which does not use the bracket. In fact, the bracket was used only as an attachment point for the hydraulic lines with cable ties.

I reported on this in a TBN thread in June 2019, in more detail. Here's the link: Anyone put a step on the right side of a ck3510?

Let us know how you make out.

Well I bent my left side step today (aggressive trail blazing, too lazy to cut enough stumps and branches), so I may be reconsidering the right one. Thanks for the detailed description though, it's nice to know it will fit, even if it needs a bit of fiddling. Jumping off the tractor on the right side is a sprained ankle waiting to happen.

/ Adding a step on the right side of a CK2610 #10  
Just bought a ck2610h and had the dealer add the right step. The price was bundled in with the floor mat, pats quick hitch, arm rest and link throttle. I have no idea how much i was charged for it.