Adding additional valve next to loader joystick?

/ Adding additional valve next to loader joystick? #1  

PreacherM

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2610h
I remember seeing where another member added an additional 2 spool valve right next to his loader joystick. Think it was on a Kubota, but doesn't really matter. I'm thinking of doing the same on my Branson 2610h. I could not find the thread where this was mentioned before. Can anyone point me to it, or share similar project along with the pros and cons of doing it this way. It looks like an easy cheap way to gain 3rd function and a couple remotes.

/ Adding additional valve next to loader joystick? #2  
Look this post up.

Adding lines for root grapple​

/ Adding additional valve next to loader joystick?
Look this post up.

Adding lines for root grapple​

That's basically what I'm looking to accomplish. I'll probably use a 3 spool valve and eventually run lines to the rear for 2 remotes. My main goal at this point is to gain the 3rd function for operating a snowplow.

/ Adding additional valve next to loader joystick? #4  
Here is one I did long ago.

Grapple_4.JPG

The more modern approach is to use an electric valve with a third function switch on the FEL control lever. I have one of those on my other tractor. Both methods work very well.

gg

Last edited:
Here is one I did long ago.

View attachment 753845

The more modern approach is to use an electric valve with a third function switch on the FEL control lever. I have one of those on my other tractor. Both methods work very well.

gg
Do you still like this setup?

/ Adding additional valve next to loader joystick? #6  
Yes I do, very much so. Been using it over 10 years. Use it mostly to load logs but do other grapple chores too.

FirLoop6.JPG

CellarHoleRd9.JPG

P1110809.JPG

gg

Last edited:
   / Adding additional valve next to loader joystick? #7  
I should add that my other tractor came with a 3rd function switch on the FEL lever when I bought it used. I really do not have a preference of one over the other for controlling the grapple.

gg

Do all hydraulic valves have a power beyond port? I've seen where some specify it, but the cheaper ones I'm looking at don't say one way or the other. For example this valve: Mophorn 3 Spool Hydraulic Control Valve 11GPM Hydraulic Directional Control Valve Double Acting Hydraulic Valve for Tractors Loaders Tanks https://a.co/d/aqj8aSG

/ Adding additional valve next to loader joystick? #9  
According to this Summit listing you can get a PB plug for it.

It is common that you need to buy a power beyond plug to add the feature to a valve.

gg

According to this Summit listing you can get a PB plug for it.

It is common that you need to buy a power beyond plug to add the feature to a valve.

gg
Maybe I'll just get it through them. They definitely show more info.