After 15 Years, my BX is gone

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #11  
The very thought of moving into town with a small lawn and neighbors sends chills up my spine let alone getting rid of a tractor.:eek: Enjoy your new digs though and hang around just to help others and spend some time with friends. Several including Bird transitioned into town and still hang around.

Yes it is an adjustment being on 2 acres in the country for 28 years and moving back into the city, but we love it. Went from driving to everything to walking, with no restaurants to over 50 to choose from. Best part a 5 minute drive and we are in the country. And the kids are 30 mins away.

Life is good.

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #12  
May I suggest just because you no longer own a tractor there is much you can contribute. If all the people who no longer own a certain product were to keep their mouth shut there would be too much wisdom lost. Experience brings great advice, keep sharing it. kt

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #13  
Hope life does great things in your new move. Somtimes, I too think of doing the same, the years keep piling on however, I can't come to grips at least not yet, to being happy without our 45 years now farm, a couple tractors with one a new Kubota L2501 that my Son uses more then I ever will. The peace of country life is just the best! This is a great site, and while I haven't posted much or for very long, I have learned a ton from others about so many things...Good luck with the new direction.

Ricn

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #14  
Yes it is an adjustment being on 2 acres in the country for 28 years and moving back into the city, but we love it. Went from driving to everything to walking, with no restaurants to over 50 to choose from. Best part a 5 minute drive and we are in the country. And the kids are 30 mins away.

Life is good.

We are all where we are happiest and that's the way it should be.

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone
The very thought of moving into town...

Oh, I didn't move into town. I moved into the woods! :) 1.4 acres with a lake a few hundred yards away.

Front "yard"
0HtoNa.jpg

Back "yard"
K02gvZ.jpg

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #16  
Oh, I didn't move into town. I moved into the woods! :) 1.4 acres with a lake a few hundred yards away.

Front "yard"
0HtoNa.jpg

Back "yard"

Well that sure beats town by a whole lot.

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #17  
Originally bought my 2004 BX 2230 with a FEL,48" brush hog,60" mid mower deck. I owned 5 acres in rural Columbia County Oregon. I spent a lot of seat time mowing. Since then we have relocated to the high desert of Central Oregon. I have sold and bought different implements to fit the region. I now have a 52" roto tiller,48" box scraper and snow blower. Now I spend a lot of time moving snow. My BX is the most versatile tool I own it has 800 hrs. on the clock with no major problems. I couldn't imagine life without it.

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #18  
Kubota sure came out with a winner when it developed the the BX size of sub-compact tractors...

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #19  
I bought my BX24 new in November of 2007 and quite honestly, I can't imagine life without it.
I bought it to help me clear my property and maintain the new lawn.
I have a boxblade, York rake, post hole digger and DR PTO chipper.

After I cleared my yard and had just over am acre of lawn to cut, I thought about getting rid of it and getting a zero turn.
I'm so glad I didn't. It does a fair to good job as a mower with the 60" deck and it's great for moving around mulch and planting shrubs and trees.

I am about to close on my neighbor's house which is a tad bigger and has a yard similar to my old one and I will be clearing a portion of it.

It's been a great tool. I just did some repairs on the deck and she is back up and running.
Can you believe I'm on the original battery. This spring was the first time it needed a charge.

/ After 15 Years, my BX is gone #20  
I moved out here in '82 and the thought of living in town makes me feel like puking. I wouldn't be in a "town-like" situation long and they would throw me in grey-bar city. Too many country habits learned and not willing to change. Good Lord, my nearest neighbor is 4 1/2 miles away.