Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors
   / Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors #32  
Going to look at one of those v 10 unicorns today . Stick, rust free , 90'000 miles. Wish me luck:cool2::drink:

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors #33  
If anyone buys any of these Ebay mirrors let us know what seller you got them from. I have just started looking at them. There are hundreds of choices, they all look the same, but the prices vary by a large amount.

I have to replace the passenger side on my 07 F550 because the outer plastic housing has a crack, the light is burnt out and it is stuck (won't slide in or out) So just going to change it out.

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors #34  
That will make someone a nice truck. I'm looking for that truck with a manual transmission, especially in the shape yours is in. I'd really like a V10 gasoline with the manual in that truck but that's like finding a unicorn. You shouldn't have trouble selling yours. If it were manual I'd really be interested. Thanks for the information. If I hear of anyone looking I show them this post.

I had one I sold last fall. Think a 08 with about 110,000 miles in great condition. From dead stop would run with some sports cars for first two gears than shifting that heavy clutch and transmission normally about then their's out sifted mine. A real power house. Pulled hay trailer with it and the other guys were using Ford diesel, if they could I could. Got out the hay business and was first item to sell. Yes they are hard to find.

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors
The Ford diesels pulled extremely well, but lacked reliability. I towed my last loads with my 08 550 in January 2020. Had a couple loads that were close to 38,000lbs. No gasser would have made the journey.
She would pull, but she would throw check engine lights a couple times per year and would leak, drip, etc. it was a high performance, very cool design engine with a strong bottom end, but Ford went cheap on rocker arms and other areas and in the end, it cost them a lot of long time customers, including me.
To own a 6.4, You have to know the engine well. You have to know how to care for it and maintain it. Otherwise it will be a less than satisfactory ownership experience
Heres a 38,000lb GCWR load

Attachments

• 7D732AA7-8715-43CD-AA30-13D27B5A913C.jpeg
    7D732AA7-8715-43CD-AA30-13D27B5A913C.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 71
  • 8566DD20-D51D-4E36-9C37-A1179327AACA.jpeg
    8566DD20-D51D-4E36-9C37-A1179327AACA.jpeg
    797.4 KB · Views: 67
   / Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors #36  
Not for ford, but after buying a camper I looked into some for my sierra.

I bought a set from a1auto.com. They were 1/4 the price of what they would be from the dealer. And identicle to the factory ones.

Mine were power and heated and plugged right in to the existing harness :)

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors #37  
1 unicorn bagged and tagged:dance1::cool2::drink:

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors #39  
1 unicorn bagged and tagged:dance1::cool2::drink:

You're killing me! I've been looking for a year....no luck. Glad you found yourself one. Love to see pictures of it.

/ Aftermarket telescoping trailer tow mirrors #40  
I bought my 2017 Duramax off a 1 year lease in 2018 w/ 13k miles. It had the smaller mirrors. I bought a set of the tow mirrors from Amazon. Other than have to change the door harnesses (not a mirror issue, my truck wasn't wired for all of the options), the mirrors have worked well. The work great. I actually like them better than the OEM as the light on the rear is smoked instead of amber so it doesn't "stick out" even though at night it lights up plenty bright.