Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques?

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #71  
Made it about half way down the thread. Seems mostly negative. What I've seen on YouTube, seems mostly positive-ish. For the price (less than a add on back hoe on a CUT), and the off the shelf parts (engine, pump, cylinders,) seems fine, if you don't mind replacing hoses, wiring, ect as problems come up (and they will). I think the one question no one seems to ask, will a 1 ton or 1.5 ton machine do what you need? Or do you really need a JD-27 Cat-302.5 sized machine?
Let me be more specific: this thread is mostly negative, but that is with respect to the AGROTK minis.

In my thread, I try to be factual, and I am quite positive about my Rhino XN08. Much less so about the other 2 Chinese minis I have owned (Oking).

I bought the size I wanted, primarily to build and repair my 45" wide trails. 36-39" machine width was all I could fit. I already have a backhoe attachment on my tractor, which is way too wide.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #72  
Just guessing; I'm assuming pins (some of the 1.2T imports have simple bolts), bushing, ect, will wear faster, and over working the tiny hoe will lead to Much faster wear
I don't assume that.

The 25mm bolts that come with most of these minis do not have a sloppy fit, plus the pivots have plain bearing insert sleeves that are replaceable. Clearances, when new, are quite tight, such that I complained to the maker that the pins would not go into new bkt holes that had paint overspray in them. I requested masking the holes before painting so I did not have to sand out the paint.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #73  
I think that it is true, a 1 Ton Mini, might only do 1/4 of a 2 Ton Brand Name Mini would do. But I do know that in 65hrs of use, my 1 Ton Mini did what it would have taken 3 Summers of weekends to do with a Shovel. I never expected it to be a Tak/Cat at the price paid.

After 65 hrs of frequently greased use, the only Slop I have is in the Blade's Bushings.

As far as Auction's having Secret Reserves, I haven't seen any signs of it, but I have seen signs of Blind Bidding, 1 of many Machines, getting an Early High Bid, higher by 1000's above what the rest are being bid to. If you Are Bidding, just decide ahead of time, What you are willing to Spend, how far you have to go to get it. I thought I stole a Mini that was 13 hour drive away, so I also bought a Stand On Skid Steer, to make the trip worth while. Ended up spending more on the Stand On than they were going for the next sale but I would still have the Drive to go get it at that Sale.

I should have went higher on an Attachment Lot at that sale, because again, the Shipping Costs.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #74  
I think that it is true, a 1 Ton Mini, might only do 1/4 of a 2 Ton Brand Name Mini would do. But I do know that in 65hrs of use, my 1 Ton Mini did what it would have taken 3 Summers of weekends to do with a Shovel. I never expected it to be a Tak/Cat at the price paid.

After 65 hrs of frequently greased use, the only Slop I have is in the Blade's Bushings.

As far as Auction's having Secret Reserves, I haven't seen any signs of it, but I have seen signs of Blind Bidding, 1 of many Machines, getting an Early High Bid, higher by 1000's above what the rest are being bid to. If you Are Bidding, just decide ahead of time, What you are willing to Spend, how far you have to go to get it. I thought I stole a Mini that was 13 hour drive away, so I also bought a Stand On Skid Steer, to make the trip worth while. Ended up spending more on the Stand On than they were going for the next sale but I would still have the Drive to go get it at that Sale.

I should have went higher on an Attachment Lot at that sale, because again, the Shipping Costs.
So, I'll say this with confidence; they aren't as good as Cat/JD/Kubota/Vermeer/Ditchwitch/JCB. Now, that people are lighting torches; for most people, it doesn't need to be. So, for a commercial machine of this size (well, frankly I'm mostly used to seeing 302.5 up, 305, JD-35/50, ect) it would be expected to run around 3000+ hrs of useful, profitable, reliable life. For a homeowner (and yes, homestead, diy construction included), if this machine sees 300 hours; its lived its life. Not saying it won't make 800 hrs or even 2000; but people should be honest with themselves. A homeowner isn't running 6 hrs/day, 5 days a week, for months and years at a time.

Let's say it has 1/10th the life; that probably Plenty for most people; and then, it needs a new engine, hydro pump, ect; that's OK. From what I've seen online, the wiring seems to be unreliable. Poor connections, buttons wired to do different than its suppost too; ie lights wired to the button with a horn picture, back up alarm in forwards, ect. That's not a big deal.

I think people who feel ripped off, either A: expected a $50k machine for $15k; B: don't expect to fiddle with it, rewire, deal with strange fittings, ect; or C: expect a 1.5T machine to dig a swimming pool/pond, or stumps... landclearing guys, septic tank guys, ect normally are at a Cat-307 on the small scale, for even pretty light "earthwork" and clearing; maybe a JD-50 if it's in a tight, established suburban neighborhood.

If you look at the contractor world; 1.5T/2T are Mostly plumbers, irrigation guys, or electricians; where they look at as $50k over 5 years vs 3 shovel men, at $15/hr.

Even in the telecom world, it's normal starts at a JD-27 scale; and below that, it's Manuel Labor.

Also; don't let people fool you; that Cat-305 has breakdowns, repair bills, and down time within the 2-3000 hour range, too.

I did see a video where one of the importers offered a hydralic hammer... One of the roughest things you can do on a hoe is a hammer or demo work in general. Seen real damage on Volvo/Komatsu/Cat machines in the 16T class running a breaker extensively. Imagine even a small one would wreck havoc on a 1.5/2T machine.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #75  

I think people who feel ripped off, either A: expected a $50k machine for $15k; B: don't expect to fiddle with it, rewire, deal with strange fittings, ect; or C: expect a 1.5T machine to dig a swimming pool/pond, or stumps... landclearing guys, septic tank guys, ect normally are at a Cat-307 on the small scale, for even pretty light "earthwork" and clearing; maybe a JD-50 if it's in a tight, established suburban neighborhood.

There does seem to be some quality control issues with some of these baby Ex's that make particular brands or machines to be a bad value over others. Lemons is what they used to call cars that although brand new from the manufacturer were nothing but one problem after the other. You might not be old enough to recall the issue became a public outcry back in the 70-80'S that led to State lemon laws requiring a Dealer to take back a car if it was a lemon.

Unfortunately with a lot of Chinese produced products you can have incredible strange shortcomings* and Quality control problems. As you point out one machine might have its wires misconnected while another one they never tightened the bolts properly. Makes it hard to know ahead of time what you might get. The importers/rebranders like Kymron and Groundhog try to reduce that issue for prospective customers by specifying certain things when importing. I expect they also go over each excavator before placing it for sale.

Regarding the amount of work you can do with a machine. No one should expect a Chinese 1-ton excavator to replace a 5-ton excavator. Anymore than you would use your scooter to do the job of a 3/4 ton truck. I had a Yanmer B-50 for several years back in 2000-05 and while it could do many things good I always was wishing it was either larger or smaller. Larger when I encountered heavy duty clearing and smaller when I needed to transport/use it for a simple trenching job in a backyard.

*A recent example of a strange shortcoming was I just bought a plasma cutter on a Amazon Black Friday special. Only problem was instead of the IPT40 2 pin torch that was expected to be with it someone had instead package the unit with a IPL50 5 pin torch. From the Reviews it seems there is several folks ending up with this error. Those folks that are not dealing with it are seemingly happy with the cutter. Me I am awaiting an adapter to be shipped before I can test it out.

Last edited:
   / Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #76  
my L-12 was 4,000 auction buy,--the rest went for 5,800 to 6,200. everybody knew sumpin about mine that I didnt. Still doin modifications to the POS since I own it. Contacted everybody about it and the motor and they all act dumb and say your problem!
Gotta put flow controls in the hyd. system, convert track tensioners to manual, find or make teeth that dont bend in hard dirt, weld a plate on the blade to make it taller, plus a bunch of other stuff.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #77  
So, you might get away working a Cat/JD/Kubota 1.5 T machine doing 3 ton machine work (for a while); but I'm guessing you won't get away with a bargin 1.5t doing 3t work. Now, maybe, get the 2.5T bargain, machine to do 80% 1.5T work, and 20% 3 T work?

Just guessing; I'm assuming pins (some of the 1.2T imports have simple bolts), bushing, ect, will wear faster, and over working the tiny hoe will lead to Much faster wear

I've narrowed my option to a 2-2.5 ton "import by me" because I think the one tons cant be expected to be worked hard.

/ Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #78  
my L-12 was 4,000 auction buy,--the rest went for 5,800 to 6,200. everybody knew sumpin about mine that I didnt. Still doin modifications to the POS since I own it. Contacted everybody about it and the motor and they all act dumb and say your problem!
Gotta put flow controls in the hyd. system, convert track tensioners to manual, find or make teeth that dont bend in hard dirt, weld a plate on the blade to make it taller, plus a bunch of other stuff.
Sorry that your L12 has been a POS. I just bought 1 almost 2 weeks ago. I liked the way the L12 looked compared to the other models.. something unusual I have noticed is the identification plate.
Same model same year but you can see the difference. My L12 seems like a well made machine but I only have 10 hours on it. The tag on the right is mine. I sure would like to know why these are different .

Attachments

• 402861800_10159179759682691_2775186044493143803_n.jpg
    402861800_10159179759682691_2775186044493143803_n.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20231125_164752.jpg
    20231125_164752.jpg
    864.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 20231207_104213.jpg
    20231207_104213.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
  • 20231207_151628.jpg
    20231207_151628.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 91
   / Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #79  
Interesting tag differences. Besides the obvious quality of the one in the second picture two other big things I spot. Different weight 830kg vs 880kg and the serial numbers are not in the same format. The first one is simply numbered 422638911 whereas the second is L1223071502H. I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that AGT Industrial of America uses the 2nd serial number format and if you talk to them about parts for a machine lacking that type of serial number is when they will say it is not one of theirs. Parsing it to be model L12-date of July 2023 manufacture-1502 made- H series

I also note that the 2nd tag has an American Address and Purpose type to it.

A person might be well served to inspect ahead of time before buying an Auction sourced Baby Ex.

ETA. BTW I do like the fully opening back cover on your L12. Much easier engine access than my Typhon.

Last edited:
   / Agrotk excavators: Does anyone have one? Opinions/comments/critiques? #80  
The first things I had to do was get rid of that pos iron hanging in front of the bucket,---it went in the junkpile,---- next was to take them bottom blobs off iron off the bucket before it would even attempt to dig. bucket filled but wouldnt dump at all till I took them off. next thing is the bolts holding the teeth on, got rid of them and used round head bolts with the nuts on the bottom side so the bucket is more open inside.
Teeth are soft and bend in hard dirt,--hard to believe that 13.5 hp could to that!! LOL! Gotta make some decent teeth for it.
Next is to see what I gotta do to put my adjustable flow control valve in the system to regulate it.
Down the road IF I aint blowed it up, I gotta convert the track adjusters to manual and get rid of that troublesome grease ****,---That idea never worked on my IH 250c crawler loader!! --Make it manual and simple!
Never did find out what that burned stuff on the intake valve was. Had to take the motor apart and clean it off the valves and out of the carb. FINALLY got the motor runnin decent for now. Meter shows 8 or 9 hours on it. Dug the parsnips, 2 burn pits, part of a small stump, horseradish( thats when I bent a tooth, good horseradish I guess!)
As to the hood,---- that is why I bid on this one. They had H-12's out the wazoo on the auction and after looking at that model --- I wouldnt take one home if they gave it to me! Cant get to the motor on them!!!
Little by little I will rebuild this one to fit my needs,---new machine and ya gotta re-manufacture it! LOL! However,---- I was expecting that so not a big deal. Before you buy one of these, no mater what model, --- look close and think!!!
Would I recommend one? Not for the 8 to 10,000 they want! 3,500 to 4,000 yes, then rebuild it to your specs.!