Air Compressor

/ Air Compressor #1  

murphy1244

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
Hey Tractor Friends,
I am looking for a good compressor in the 1K range single stage to run impact and sanders. Looking for a 220 volt stand up. Any and all answers would be appreciated.

/ Air Compressor #2  
i got a husky from home depot a couple ys ago. 489$ 60g upright.. single stage.

has done great for me.

I paint tractors. use up to 1" air tools ( for 3/4 and 1" air tools use the large air outlet and large ID hose )..

looking at the tah on the motor/compressor.. it says campbel hausfeld

hard to beat 60gal of air at that price.

/ Air Compressor #3  
I would say dont buy one with a motor that turns at 3250 RPM. they put up lots of air because of the speed where a good volume compressor with a 1740 rpm will last forever & not fly apart because of the speed. ( my opinion )

/ Air Compressor
I did look at a CH #TQ3104 5hp 80gall for 999.00 but I'm not sure I need that much compressor.

/ Air Compressor #5  
I also have a Husky compressor from Home Depot but I have the 80 gallon one. I use it for all my air tools and tire machine. Bought it a few years ago on sale for about $800. It also has a built in regulator with 2 ports the you can cut the pressure down on and yet maintain full pressure off the main line. It's made by Campbell Hausfeld (I think that's how it's spelled). I have it wired for 220V and pressure set for about 150 PSI. I just looked at HD site and they have a whole bunch of air compressors online with free shipping to you home. They have several units under 1k.

Husky 80-Gal. 5 HP 2 Stage Air Compressor-HS5181 at The Home Depot

Attachments

• Husky Pro.jpg
    Husky Pro.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 110
   / Air Compressor
I also have a Husky compressor from Home Depot but I have the 80 gallon one. I use it for all my air tools and tire machine. Bought it a few years ago on sale for about $800. It also has a built in regulator with 2 ports the you can cut the pressure down on and yet maintain full pressure off the main line. It's made by Campbell Hausfeld (I think that's how it's spelled). I have it wired for 220V and pressure set for about 150 PSI. I just looked at HD site and they have a whole bunch of air compressors online with free shipping to you home. They have several units under 1k.

Husky 80-Gal. 5 HP 2 Stage Air Compressor-HS5181 at The Home Depot

That one is loud 87 db, ouch!

/ Air Compressor #7  
That one is loud 87 db, ouch!
I'm sorry, I didn't know you had quiet air impact tools and sanders and needed a quiet compressor.
How many db are your air tools when in use within less than 2-3' from your ears. I don't stand next to my compressor while working. All my air tools are louder than the compressor. Especially the cut off tool. Where do you buy quiet air tools?
I looked at most of the compressors they have on line. Some were not rated for db. Those that were are in the 83-87 db range.

/ Air Compressor #8  
I'm sorry, I didn't know you had quiet air impact tools and sanders and needed a quiet compressor.
How many db are your air tools when in use within less than 2-3' from your ears. I don't stand next to my compressor while working. All my air tools are louder than the compressor. Especially the cut off tool. Where do you buy quiet air tools?

ditto... besides. according to osha.. 87db aint nuttin...

95 for 3-4 hours .. now yer talkin..

/ Air Compressor
ditto... besides. according to osha.. 87db aint nuttin...

95 for 3-4 hours .. now yer talkin..

The quincey I looked at was rated at 73 db cause the RPMs was much lower on the pump..650. Sorry no quiet air tools when using them.

/ Air Compressor #10  
The quincey I looked at was rated at 73 db cause the RPMs was much lower on the pump..650. Sorry no quiet air tools when using them.

Quincy, Devair etc. are true slow speed, industrial compressors. Likely over your budget. The Devair HDi's (likely my next compressor) are approx $3k.

At $1000, your can get "slow" speed if you carefully shop around.

For size, You always "need that much compressor. " Sanders eat air. I have close to 20CFM @90PSI and wish I had 2x that when sanding and sand blasting.