Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ?

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #61  
Another satisfied MTL owner here.

Looks like the 48" single lid grapple weighing in at 350 lbs would be a decent fit for your LA535 loader.

I paid a little more for the wider model and have never figured out why. The 48 would have been just fine for my purposes. I previously; moving brush and stacking logs. It replaced the Chinese pallet forks which I had been using until I pretzeled them trying to dig logs which had frozen to the ground.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #62  
Ordered the 60" WRG on 3/16 with an estimated 13 week delivery. Called the other day and I was #63 in line out of 250ish. There was a problem with the supply chain on some of the parts so instead of going to something cheaper as a replacement they went with something more sturdy. That's a company I can stick behind and buy from again.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #63  
No way in hell would I pay up front for something that will take weeks to produce and deliver. Especially right now. Covid has turned our world upside down. Dealing with a company that can't afford to produce on their equity and sell outright is very risky business. Credit card companies have a limited charge back time and waits that exceed that put all the risk on the consumer.

Find a model that is in stock. So what if it's a hundred pounds heavier. If that is a deal killer you needed a bigger tractor anyways.

I went through this crap trying to buy a garage door earlier this year. I finally gave up and fixed the one I have. Got an email from one of the companies yesterday that said the supplier has had 5 increases this year and delays in production were being extended each time.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #64  
Bought LX3310HSDC late last month. Had 2 rear remotes and 3rd function valve installed. Was going to purchase a EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple. Didn't decide to pull the trigger until today. 7/7/2021. when to their web site to order, price had increased over-nite. I was okay with the 12 to 14 week, not pleased that they want to charge credit up front for the full amount.
Now to the big question, does any one make a grapple at a more affordable price? EA was going to be close to2550.00.
Check out MTL attachments. I have three things from them (grapple, bushog and forks) and all have been good quality. Their factory is in Georgia, so everything is made in the US, and prices have been reasonable.
MTL attachments - Grapples

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #66  
Bought LX3310HSDC late last month. Had 2 rear remotes and 3rd function valve installed. Was going to purchase a EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple. Didn't decide to pull the trigger until today. 7/7/2021. when to their web site to order, price had increased over-nite. I was okay with the 12 to 14 week, not pleased that they want to charge credit up front for the full amount.
Now to the big question, does any one make a grapple at a more affordable price? EA was going to be close to2550.00.
I'm really pleased with the quality and design of my Homestead Implements grapple.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #67  
I have several EA attachments and I am pleased with everyone so far. Yes they are more expensive but the quality and workmanship is second to none. I have a landscape rack that I bought from them and it is pretty beefy and has allowed me to gather downed tree limbs in close to one felled swoop and I am talking about 5-6" limbs on several of my trees. I just ordered (May) a set of forks for my tractor so I can lift my 100 gallon transfer tank in and out of my truck. I have been using the Titan Bucket forks but of course when I first used them to my surprise it cause a slight bend in my bucket so one has to use a second piece of flat steel to add to the rigidity of the bucket. Now I won't have too. I am also waiting for them to get made and delivered. you really can't go wrong with an EA attachment IMHO.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #68  
Last edited:
   / Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #69  
Don't know about the less quality but certainly a lower price. Some of us don't need to rip tanks apart or have the capacity on a loader.

I just bought a 48" Titan. It's made in the USA and was shipped to my door for ~$1400 and tax. They're in Tennessee and didn't charge extra to get it to Texas like EA wanted. They also sell them on Amazon for about $200 more. (Amazon's piece of the pie) It weighs in at about 450 pounds.

Forgot to mention:
I got my pallet frame and forks there too. Everything came on the same truck. And I didn't have to wait 12 weeks for EA to build it.
I agree. I have all Titan Attachments- grapple, bush hog, box blade, finish mower, stump puller. No problems and good quality

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #70  
Several years ago my father and I both bought new 60" grapples. Same grapple, made locally somewhere, no data tag. Skid steer attach, skid steer flat face couplers, twin cylinder grippers. They were at 2 different auctions in 2 different parishes (counties for the other 49 states). Paid about $1300-$1400 each.

CT

Last edited: