Aluminum Utility Trailers

/ Aluminum Utility Trailers #31  
Another thing I love about the smaller aluminum trailers is they can be moved around without the need of a vehicle when they're in the way of something. I'm waaaaay past my prime and it's still an easy job.

I also took my trailer to Line-X when it was new and had the interior sprayed with bed liner material. It makes it completely non slip and with all the abuse it's taken in the 10 years or so I've had it, it still looks new.

/ Aluminum Utility Trailers #32  
Same here - 63 years old, like doing this stuff, but trying to make it easier where possible :).

Do you by chance have a pic of the Line-x on the trailer? Is that stuff black?

/ Aluminum Utility Trailers #33  
I just bought a Cargo Mate 6.5 x 12 single axle aluminum trailer that weighs 750 lbs. I like it a lot. I can haul my B7100dt or my Honda Rincon. Of course I go to the dump once or twice a year.

Plus up here we have good old salt.

/ Aluminum Utility Trailers #34  
Same here - 63 years old, like doing this stuff, but trying to make it easier where possible :).

Do you by chance have a pic of the Line-x on the trailer? Is that stuff black?

Ill try to snap a few pics later. Its dirty from constant use and has stuff stored in it but you'll get the idea. And yes it is black but you can get custom colors if you really want to spend the extra money. I didn't.

/ Aluminum Utility Trailers #35  
That壇 be great, but don稚 go to much effort for me. Thx

/ Aluminum Utility Trailers #36  
A little late to the fire here; but I have so far had good service from a single axle 7' wide floor and 14' length of floor aluminum trailer that has built in ramp at rear, and sid ramps each side. I primarily haul my Ventrac tractor and implements and the weight of payload may be at or even a little above the rating. 4 years of use with only minor problem. The rear gate/loading ramp broke under the combined weight of the tractor and a heavy implement. I purchased steel ramps and no further trouble so far. I am a bit concerned that the distributer, Leonard, has discontinued that line of trailers. But, I am happy with the trailer.

prs

/ Aluminum Utility Trailers #37  
Good to hear.

I haven't bought a trailer yet. Just borrowed my BIL's rusty ol' 10ft steel trailer, which carried my Kubota subcompact/loader/mower deck OK (approx 22-2300#), but a few people (including a dealer) selling aluminum thought the tractor might be too much for trailer, though it's right around the stated capacities. Is that about what your Ventrac + implement weigh - 22-2300#? Does your trailer have wood or aluminum floor planks?

/ Aluminum Utility Trailers #38  
I am wanting a small 6X12 utility trailer to transport my Kawasaki Mule, Lawn tractor and occasional tractor implements.

I like the idea of an Aluminum trailer for durability but they cost considerably more.

Are they worth the extra cost and are they as sturdy as the plain metal ones?

I will be pulling the trailer with a Nissan Armada.

Opinions will be appreciated.

I just bought a Aluminum 18 ft x 7 ft $5500.00 New. It has the ramps that slide in under it. I love the trailer. But if you back into a tree you'll have a significate dent in it. Whilst the metal one might cut the tree down.
I got it because it is lighter then the identical steel and wood trailer, and carries more weight. The weight is rated by the axles. It includes the weight of the trailer. So the steel and wood one in my case was 700 lbs heavier same axles .
My Aluminum one can carry that much more weight. Although it does not feel or look like it. I'll give you an example the tie downs on the steel one are much bigger and look stronger.

It's a pretty trailer. I get a lot of compliments on it. I painted the Aluminum fenders to match my Massey Ferguson. Even put the MF logo on the fenders.

/ Aluminum Utility Trailers #39  
I am wanting a small 6X12 utility trailer to transport my Kawasaki Mule, Lawn tractor and occasional tractor implements.

I like the idea of an Aluminum trailer for durability but they cost considerably more....

I have been looking and trying to decide on a small trailer to do pretty much the same things; transport my Mule, ZTR, and motorcycle. I had it narrowed down to a 5 or 6 x 12 open aluminum trailer. Looking on CR I happened to see a 2 year old 6 x 12 aluminum box trailer. I had not really considered a box trailer due to cost, and with more wind resistance harder to pull, but this one seemed priced right and the owner had built in a cabinet across the front with a little refrigerator. He even had a little AC with it and it had been wired inside. So I bought it with the thought we can also utilize it when we go camping. I need to put a couple windows in it first though.

/ Aluminum Utility Trailers #40  
Good to hear.

I haven't bought a trailer yet. Just borrowed my BIL's rusty ol' 10ft steel trailer, which carried my Kubota subcompact/loader/mower deck OK (approx 22-2300#), but a few people (including a dealer) selling aluminum thought the tractor might be too much for trailer, though it's right around the stated capacities. Is that about what your Ventrac + implement weigh - 22-2300#? Does your trailer have wood or aluminum floor planks?

The trailer has gross weight capacity or 3500#, but weighs almost 800 and the Ventrac with implement probably has me a couple of hundred over the limit. I use weight distributing hitch to take some load off of the front of the "A" frame tongue and I take it easy. Still, it tows very well.

prs