An easier way to refuel your tractor

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #81  
If you are stuck using normal 5 gallon jugs with the typical safety spouts that take forever to dispense 5 gallons there is a cheap and easy trick to help it breath and flow better. Get a tire valve stem for a tubeless tire and remove the guts from it. Drill a hole and install the valve in the back side of the jug where the vents use to be. Remove the valve stem cap to let it breath and flow better when filling up. It took mine from about 6 minutes to 2 minutes to empty a 5 gallon jug.

How to install a vent in a plastic gas can - YouTube

Great idea. Any problem with diesel disolving the valve stem?

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #82  
I bought one of these little pumps about a year ago. GREAT little pump, and works pretty fast too. It's safe for diesel, gasoline, hydraulic oil, chemicals, water... just about anything one might have around that needs to be pumped. Its still running on the single D-cell battery I put in it on day one.

I paid $12 for mine but I see the price has gone up to about $19 now. Even so, they're well worth the price. No more lifting 5 gallon cans to the top of my hood, spilling have the gasoline when filling the lawn mower, or any other liquid that needs to be moved.

So if your filling your tractor from the ground with that same pump that Deep South Homestead guy in the video is using, makes me wonder why he is, he has bad shoulder bad neck and is lifting his jug on top of the brand new shiny hood on his tractor, mybe his tractor is higher off the ground.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #83  
So if your filling your tractor from the ground with that same pump that Deep South Homestead guy in the video is using, makes me wonder why he is, he has bad shoulder bad neck and is lifting his jug on top of the brand new shiny hood on his tractor, mybe his tractor is higher off the ground.
I don't know if that pump has enough lift capacity to take the fuel from the ground up to the top of the tractor. To me that video showed me he bought a pump that would not do what he wanted so he lifted the 5 gallon container and then used the pump. To me that is a waste of $$$.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #84  
Great idea. Any problem with diesel disolving the valve stem?

Some have claimed that was a problem. Probably different rubber compositions. Use metal stems to avoid the problem.

metalstem.jpg

Bruce

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #85  
I also have a Duromax/Fel solution
590067d1549220443-easier-way-refuel-your-tractor-8oo-20180707_182913-jpg

Should I add a groundstrap?
I grew up helping my Grandmother maintain her numerous aquariums. I've still got one of her 50 gallon slate bottom ones. So I learned early on how to siphon water and not get a mouth full. I think I've tasted gas once. I know I tasted "dirty" aquarium water many times.
Before I used my Duromax/Fel solution I had used a Jerry Can/Fel solution. My Fels will lift 5 gallons as easy as 14 gallons.
I can get 50' of 1/2" tubing for about $20 and generally try to keep some around.
Found I need smaller diameter for siphoning OUT of my truck tank.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #86  
This pumps 5 gal in about 2 min from the ground to Top of tractor I just clamp it on a ground and the battery cable at the starter. Got it on Amazon for around $15 pump.jpeg

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #87  
I don't know if that pump has enough lift capacity to take the fuel from the ground up to the top of the tractor. To me that video showed me he bought a pump that would not do what he wanted so he lifted the 5 gallon container and then used the pump. To me that is a waste of $$$.

That's what I was thinking, if one gets a 5 gal jug on top the hood, why need a pump or shaker hose. My issues was getting the jug on the hood, 4 years ago on a beautiful Saturday winter morning I went to fuel my tractor so grab the 5 gal jug went to lift up on the tractor and pulled a muscle in my shoulder, it hurt so bad I couldn't do anything rest of the day. 30 years ago I could've tossed that jug over the tractor, after that I bought a transfer pump.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #88  
That's what I was thinking, if one gets a 5 gal jug on top the hood, why need a pump or shaker hose. My issues was getting the jug on the hood, 4 years ago on a beautiful Saturday winter morning I went to fuel my tractor so grab the 5 gal jug went to lift up on the tractor and pulled a muscle in my shoulder, it hurt so bad I couldn't do anything rest of the day. 30 years ago I could've tossed that jug over the tractor, after that I bought a transfer pump.
I use the shaker hose because it's easier than messing with funnels, or spending more money to convert the can and drill holes in it, that I just spent a twenty dollar bill on.
The can is only worth $5.00; the extra 15 is for some plastic crap nozzle that is going to break the first cold day that we have.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #89  
Ok I am going to try and remember to do a video of how easy my little 12v pump is to use. Only lifting I have to do is getting can in truck at station.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #90  
I pull up right beside a 200 gallon tank and turn on the pump. NO more slinging 5 gallon jugs up on the hood for me.

Same here, except I use gravity instead of a pump.

enhance