Another confused first timer

/ Another confused first timer #71  
You can add Kioti to your list. Kioti and Kubota make their own complete machines. The others don’t.
LS and Branson also make their own complete machines...

/ Another confused first timer
I want to thank you guys all so much! The input/advice has helped me to research brands I never knew existed...:)

Not saying I am any closer to a decision but the more info, the better my final choice will be.

A couple decisions....1) I do want 4WD. 2) I do not need AC or heat ( the weather is relatively mild). 3) I would like a brand that makes it's own products. 4) Dealer support will be an issue since there are only 2 dealers anywhere near me. 5) I find myself leaning towards the S Korean products as of right now.

I started a spreadsheet as was suggested, and came up with Branson including a front loader, rear box, and brush hog for the same price as Kubotas bare model.....but that was a Branson Dealer in Texas......:-(. I wonder if the one near Phoenix will match?

I will check out Kioti also now. Once again, I appreciate the advice. I wish I was more well funded like my buddies that retired form Corporate jobs, but I always had to be the self-employed Contractor :)

Someone asked about my neighbors and their John Deeres, they seem to be JD purists, with JD hats, JD riding mowers, JD everything. Not that that is a bad thing, I just think some guys like the name...?

/ Another confused first timer #73  
I want to thank you guys all so much! The input/advice has helped me to research brands I never knew existed...:)

Not saying I am any closer to a decision but the more info, the better my final choice will be.

I started a spreadsheet as was suggested, ...
A bit overwhelming unless you are into a lot of data analysis. I have owned 6 tractors in 25 years, mostly different sizes for different needs. If it is of interest to you, I have never purchased a new one. Tractors can be expected to operate reliably for 30 years, with normal maintenance and very few repairs or breaks (which is why some brands are priced higher) so finding something used that has 1,000 or less would be my prime choice. Normally there is a depreciation factor that I can take advantage of. Select what you think you want, then if you want to find used, consider TractorHouse.com. I purchased 4 of mine through that site, plus a near-new tractor loader. I picked up 2 tractors that were over 400 miles away and paid haulers to bring 2 tractors and the loader to me, using only pictures, from dealers 800 and 1200 miles away. Absolutely no regrets. Use the phone to ask all the questions you have and watch videos of the piece(s) under consideration. At times I still use my local dealer for parts and service.

/ Another confused first timer #74  
Well here's the story....I have a 5 acre place in N Central Az. All flat, about 2 acres is horse pasture. Well not grass pasture, but dirt and rock. The other 3 acres are 'grassy' but not nice grass. Plus there are spots with rocks that need to be cleared and always DG to spread. I currently have a riding mower, but the mower deck just crapped out, and I use it more for dragging and cleaning the pastures anyway. My neighbors are great and stop by to help out with stuff, but I really need my own tractor, most people around here use them almost every day for something.

So after much searching, I basically know nothing much more than when I started looking. What I do know is that tractors are expensive!

Here are my parameters: Decent HP (24?) - 4x4 - rear box scraper - front bucket - canopy - mower deck. Other than that I'm flexible. Budget is under $20k. I'd like to go new to get a warranty, plus most manufacturers are offering $0 down and 0% financing which makes it doable....

Brand choice is another matter. John Deere is way too pricey, Kubota is a possible, Yanmar also.
What should I know or do to get this going? I'd like to have one by next spring.

All advice appreciated!
I personally would not go for compact tractors but for small used agricultural machines which tend to made to work day in day out, more comfortable to operate, as some one has already pointed out more stable, easier and cheaper to get implements which will be better made, possibly the power coming from a larger capacity, less stressed engine. If not, my choice of the three brands you have listed would be Yanmar, after all they power the Deere's.

/ Another confused first timer #75  
check out craigslist sometimes you can get more for your buck get someone that has experience with tractors to go with you to check them out even if you have to pay them it could save you thousands and get way more tractor for the money

/ Another confused first timer #76  
I would suggest going into Chino Rentals and see what they are using for compact tractors now. I do know that they had both Kubota and New Holland units. At least until 2016 when I retired and left the area. I know both Remmie and Adam there. I worked for Bingham Eq for 30 years, the last 10 in Cottonwood and dealt with both. Maybe rent a 25hp for a weekend and see how it works for you. BEC opened their Prescott Valley store in '17 or '18. I don't know anyone there except Al, who I think is the store manager. Tell him that Mike from Tennessee sent you in. He should be able to help you out.

/ Another confused first timer #77  
Well here's the story....I have a 5 acre place in N Central Az. All flat, about 2 acres is horse pasture. Well not grass pasture, but dirt and rock. The other 3 acres are 'grassy' but not nice grass. Plus there are spots with rocks that need to be cleared and always DG to spread. I currently have a riding mower, but the mower deck just crapped out, and I use it more for dragging and cleaning the pastures anyway. My neighbors are great and stop by to help out with stuff, but I really need my own tractor, most people around here use them almost every day for something.

So after much searching, I basically know nothing much more than when I started looking. What I do know is that tractors are expensive!

Here are my parameters: Decent HP (24?) - 4x4 - rear box scraper - front bucket - canopy - mower deck. Other than that I'm flexible. Budget is under $20k. I'd like to go new to get a warranty, plus most manufacturers are offering $0 down and 0% financing which makes it doable....

Brand choice is another matter. John Deere is way too pricey, Kubota is a possible, Yanmar also.
What should I know or do to get this going? I'd like to have one by next spring.

All advice appreciated!
I replied to this earlier with my experience. If I offended you or anyone else for being thorough in my reply I apologize. I did not realize we are only suppose to reply the way other people other than the "Original Poster" may be wanting. I am shocked I had someone private message me and tell me my reply was too long and too much and not to do it in the future. Hoodoo, if I spoke out of turn or for too long I apologize and was only trying to offer my opinion and my experience.

/ Another confused first timer #78  
I replied to this earlier with my experience. If I offended you or anyone else for being thorough in my reply I apologize. I did not realize we are only suppose to reply the way other people other than the "Original Poster" may be wanting. I am shocked I had someone private message me and tell me my reply was too long and too much and not to do it in the future. Hoodoo, if I spoke out of turn or for too long I apologize and was only trying to offer my opinion and my experience.

Other than your apparent aversion to paragraphs, it was fine.
Don't sweat the small stuff.

/ Another confused first timer #79  
Other than your apparent aversion to paragraphs, it was fine.
Don't sweat the small stuff.
LOL...I deal with proper English, structure, and content for 12 hours a day... forums barely get correct spelling from me. But not sweating it, just seemed odd.

/ Another confused first timer #80  

A couple decisions....1) I do want 4WD. 2) I do not need AC or heat ( the weather is relatively mild). 3) I would like a brand that makes it's own products. 4) Dealer support will be an issue since there are only 2 dealers anywhere near me. 5) I find myself leaning towards the S Korean products as of right now.

I started a spreadsheet as was suggested, and came up with Branson including a front loader, rear box, and brush hog for the same price as Kubotas bare model.....but that was a Branson Dealer in Texas......:-(. I wonder if the one near Phoenix will match?

I will check out Kioti also now. Once again, I appreciate the advice. I wish I was more well funded like my buddies that retired form Corporate jobs, but I always had to be the self-employed Contractor :)

Someone asked about my neighbors and their John Deeres, they seem to be JD purists, with JD hats, JD riding mowers, JD everything. Not that that is a bad thing, I just think some guys like the name...?
It sounds like your making some progress. I know everyone points to the bigger the Tractor the better. I didn’t buy mine to work fields or farm I bought it to work in the woods and help maintain the 1/4 mile long driveway and the 3 miles of trails we once had . I guess the best way to describe what a 25 HP tractor can do is show some pictures. We had the front 40 acres logged and the mess is huge but I’m slowly chipping away.

Attachments

• 4FEC7526-B059-40E8-97E4-10C6FEB7E278.jpeg
    4FEC7526-B059-40E8-97E4-10C6FEB7E278.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 64505111-6BB1-4F93-8F78-E56C5F48DDDB.jpeg
    64505111-6BB1-4F93-8F78-E56C5F48DDDB.jpeg
    400 KB · Views: 77
  • 7A4EF684-2FB0-42DB-9E9B-70280A5F50F7.jpeg
    7A4EF684-2FB0-42DB-9E9B-70280A5F50F7.jpeg
    427.7 KB · Views: 72
  • ED034C88-EC80-4ED1-B47D-7B5450193CD6.jpeg
    ED034C88-EC80-4ED1-B47D-7B5450193CD6.jpeg