Another confused first timer

/ Another confused first timer #231  
Paying as much for used as you would used ? WOW ! I would love to be able to sell my two used tractors for the price of new, or more !
I sure was able to purchase both of my tractors for waaaay less than new.

25K for my used non emissions kubota tractor 3 yrs ago, and 40K for my non emissions CX105 tractor two yrs ago. Both have been flawless, and waaaay less than new. And the best part, ZERO emissions to deal with !

So, the cost of used the same (or more) as used must be a regional thing

But what ever floats your boat. Many people buy new vehicles because they say they can buy new cheaper than used. But I don't see it here. Must be a regional thing. Or just to justify buying new. But as I said, do what ever makes you sleep better at night ;)

I just didn't want the hassles of the emissions on new tractors to deal with. I hate to run something wide open from the time it's cranked, till the time it's turned off just to prevent a regen all the time.

All these people buying new, then get on the forums complaining about their tractor in limp mode, and wanting answers..
The bottom line answer is, you knew what you were buying before you bought. so......

Another thing is, Who knows what the longevity is on these new emissions tractors ?
I guess we'll know one day.
I already knew the longevity of the non emissions tractors. They have been building them for many, many years !

But I have no skin in the game. So, do what ever lets you sleep well at night, and be happy
I guess you're very fortunate in your region.

Congratulations.

I didn't have that luxury in my region when I was shopping for a tractor.

I have zero issues with my emissions system on my tractor. I removed it all.

Exhaust Mod on my 3725

Been working great that way for years. I too can operate my tractor without going wide open throttle from the moment it's started until the moment it's shut off. I much prefer it that way.

/ Another confused first timer #232  
Yeah, because we all believe what we see, and read on the internet. I mean, It's the internet after all, it must be true ! ;)
I'm sure no one would just make up a review (good, or bad) for the fun of it 😂

I don't need internet . I've got years of experience with tractors/ equipment.
I guess for the novice, the internet possibly could be believable. But nothing beats having experience with a product.
Prices can be confirmed with phone calls. Dealers in other regions can and do post pricing for same models of equipment.

Sure beats the old days of calling Information in a far away city and asking, "Hey, Y'all got any tractor dealers in your town?"

And I was around long before AlGore invented the internet.

/ Another confused first timer #233  
Hey Scotty was only replying to a statement that I originally made in a previous post to confirm if he understood what I was saying so need to get offended with him. Education is in fact a driving factor for many consumers to purchase new. If you doubt this statement look at how many threads are started every day on this forum by people who need and are asking for education. Heck it's what led me to become a member here.

This is true if the consumer is willing to put the time into research and study but the sales staff in this industry is no longer knowledgeable so it's kind of a trade off.
When you make a statement that the only reason someone shouldn't be willing to pay the same or more than new price for a used "thing", is their lack of education, that is pure insult.

I was having to explain something I really shouldn't have to explain to anyone.

Basic economics.

A used "thing", that is identical to a new "thing", is never going to be worth the same, or more money to MOST sane people.

It has nothing to do with education. More to do with common sense, and a fair idea on how basic economics works.

Can't apply the same rule to real estate or housing (nice try Scotty) because that's not how the market economy works.

/ Another confused first timer
25K for my used non emissions kubota tractor 3 yrs ago, and 40K for my non emissions CX105 tractor two yrs ago. Both have been flawless, and waaaay less than new. And the best part, ZERO emissions to deal with !

I just didn't want the hassles of the emissions on new tractors to deal with. I hate to run something wide open from the time it's cranked, till the time it's turned off just to prevent a regen all the time.

All these people buying new, then get on the forums complaining about their tractor in limp mode, and wanting answers..
Kenmac - I have seen a few of the newer tractors that advertise they have none of the new emissions stuff on them. (A Branson specifically) Am I reading that wrong or can you still get these kind of tractors new nowadays?

/ Another confused first timer #235  
Kenmac - I have seen a few of the newer tractors that advertise they have none of the new emissions stuff on them. (A Branson specifically) Am I reading that wrong or can you still get these kind of tractors new nowadays?
All Manufacturers have to meet the emission standards of tier 4 in the US. Branson is not a exception.

However, they go about it differently. They are a completely mechanical system with no ECM to do anything. The only computer is a Data logger with the ability to control a motorized butterfly valve that will close off the exhaust enough to enable the DPF to build higher heat.

The engine will run if all of this fell off for some reason and a muffler somehow jumped into the place of the DPF.

On the newer 2021 20 series there will be the need to modify some wiring in order for the gauges to function properly if the above happened.

This makes Branson a little more user friendly than most of the other brands on the market.

/ Another confused first timer
However, they go about it differently. They are a completely mechanical system with no ECM to do anything. The only computer is a Data logger with the ability to control a motorized butterfly valve that will close off the exhaust enough to enable the DPF to build higher heat.

The engine will run if all of this fell off for some reason and a muffler somehow jumped into the place of the DPF.

This makes Branson a little more user friendly than most of the other brands on the market.
So should I limit my search to only models that have these 'features'?

/ Another confused first timer #237  
I wouldn't.

Make sure you get the tractor that has all the features you want. Some things may be more important to you. Do you want a cab/heat/air conditioning? Regional climate and/or health conditions (allergies while mowing, etc), need for a specific FEL capacity, rear remotes, etc.

I do think most tractors being produced today, across all the brands, are all pretty good. You may find that a specific model has a FEL control that either does, or doesn't fit you better. Some folks like split motion pedals for an HST control, where others really like the "rocker pedal" type of control. Maybe try as many as you can.

/ Another confused first timer #238  
I can not tell you that you should limit yourself to any brand. Like Slim stated, you really have to decide what is important to you.

I will say that I am very happy with my Branson and they would be my choice if I had to buy another one today. But that is me. I think you are on the correct path of research and gaining knowledge about what is out there.

Last edited:
   / Another confused first timer #239  
I agree which is why I suggest every tractor buyer go and demo the equipment they are interested in before purchasing it.
Cahaba, How many tractors do you own and what brands.