Another "Underslung" Story

/ Another "Underslung" Story
Might as well keep this thread going. After looking everything over and considering various scenarios, I realized I had a problem with my design. Comparing my build to CHIM's it quickly became apparent, his ability to apply down pressure was almost a must have. Everyone has a need to back drag once in a while. When I checked my dimensions, I quickly realized, my plow frame was applying down pressure via the cylinders, which obviously cannot happen. I also have a need to maintain as much float as possible in my plow setup due to an incline driveway I plow. After staring at it for a few minutes and contemplating Chim's design, I went another route. We'll see how it goes. So far it seems full proof, but time will tell.

Here's a photo of the fix. The lower angle iron was added. That comes into contact with the A-Frame, long before touching the cylinders. I also haven't lost much float as I've only lost the thickness of the angle iron (1/4"). I didn't weld it completely as it's not really doing much. Maybe I will in the spring. Who knows???

Fix.jpg

/ Another "Underslung" Story #12  
Nice work! I am collecting parts to do the same thing. Have the 5/16 SSQA plate and the plow. Need to collect hydraulic parts and some steel to fab with.

Did you use 2.5 square tube for the 殿rms from SSQA plate to the push beam?

I have been trying to determine what to pick up for steel without having to buy a lot of different things.

/ Another "Underslung" Story
Sorry for the late response. Somehow I shut off my email notifications and can’t figure out how to turn them back on!

I used 2.5”x0.250 for everything that looks square.

How much steel are you missing? I ask because I have a purchased more than I needed and would part ways with it if you don’t want to buy full lengths. I also have 29” of the large angle iron leftover too which is enough to copy my build. I ask because your not far from me!