Another which Mott is this thread

/ Another which Mott is this thread
I went through about 4-5 wire wheels on my angle grinder, then sandblasted the corners where the wire wheels couldn't get to. The wire wheels make a big mess with the dust from the old paint. Then a coat of primer & then the first coat of orange courtesy of rattle cans. I put quite a bit of paint in the crevices along the front & back pipe frames. Today I put on about a pint through the spray gun. It was a little windy, but I wasn't worried about a high quality shine on a implement.

I bought the rubber trash deflector & that will go later.

Here is a early on shot.

3.jpg

Arc Weld

I have some gulleys & generally non flat ground, so I will be using the chains.

/ Another which Mott is this thread #13  
Time for a update. The weather wasn't too bad today, so I got some paint squirted on it.

View attachment 352656

View attachment 352657

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello and good evening to you Locoweed,

I want to welcome you as the newest member
of the "Flail Mower Nation".

The paint job looks very very nice by the way.

We are a happy bunch of flailmower owners.
If you have questions we usually can answer them
or direct you to where you can find the answers if need be.

I have a motorised towed mathews company lawn genie pick up mower with a collection basket that uses the original 16 horsepower B+S industrial commercial engine.

I cannot fill it full because I do not have a very big green mule to tow it with but it is over
30 years old and iti s on its second set of tires and wheels and main rotor bearings.

I added WWF tot he tires last year to increase the traction thank goodness it works!!

IF I could only find one of the MOTT 72 inch flailmowers with the four cylinder Wisconsin engine for power I would be in heaven as it would be a great restoration project for me.

Welcome to the Flail Mower Nation

leonz

Only 17,756+- mowers to go

Thank you for the welcome. I hope to get many years use out of mine. Since it will probably only be used 2-3 times a year, it will likely outlast me. <G>