Answer me this...

/ Answer me this... #161  
fermented horseradish 😵😵

/ Answer me this... #162  
Grilled tofu slices on buttered sourdough bread with mustard, sauerkraut, and bread and butter pickles. Bet I'm the only one in the world eating such a gourmet delight.

/ Answer me this... #165  
Sauerkraut cooked with caraway and apples..

/ Answer me this... #167  
Vienna sausage and sauerkraut. Right up there with sardines in mustard on saltine crackers.
I haven’t had sardines on crackers since I was a child. I remember my favorite part was inserting the key into the can and rolling it open. Never even thought of Vienna sausage with sauerkraut, but it does sound like a possibility for a lunch snack.
My wife and I recently had fresh home made sauerkraut at Cafe Berlin. It was a treat.

Last edited:
   / Answer me this... #168  
Here's a quick story about "sub's "Hoagies" "grinders" "po boys"
I went to a local Deli and I was standing behind a guy that spoke no English from south of the border. He was communicating just fine with the girl making the sandwich as she was of the same nationality. He ordered his sub and the girl piled high all his ingredients, so much in fact that the sandwich would not fit in the sleeve bag it was designed for, so she rolled it in paper and handing it to him. By my eye's that thing weighed five pounds or more. When it came to my turn of course I said "I'll have the same thing as that guy". My sandwich by my eyes looked like a half-pound at most and dropped nicely into the sleeve bad it was designed for with room to spare.

/ Answer me this... #169  
That is a sad story... whenever I read a post like this, it always makes me wonder, ‘if a cow laughs out loud, will milk come out of her nose?’ :unsure: J/K;) I do understand how you feel as a sub sandwich is not cheap. Sometimes it’s about who you know. ( and if they like you)

/ Answer me this... #170  
That is a sad story... whenever I read a post like this, it always makes me wonder, ‘if a cow laughs out loud, will milk come out of her nose?’ :unsure: J/K;) I do understand how you feel as a sub sandwich is not cheap. Sometimes it’s about who you know. ( and if they like you)
Truth. I once worked at one of those places with lots of employees and an in-house cafeteria. One day they got a new guy dishing out food. We were not even of the same race, but our names were very similar. From then on, my portions were always a little bigger than others. Now I need to find that dirty rat. I blame him for my extra pounds. ;)