Answer me this...

/ Answer me this... #151  
I get the prime cuts at HEB and let them come up to room temp. A little EVOO and a hot broiler or grill. Little salt and pepper after taking the off the heat.

I don’t do sauces on good steak. If I have to use a sauce on meat it will be the Salt Lick BBQ sauce. You can drench anything with that sauce and make it better.

/ Answer me this... #152  
Many years ago, I found a strange plant growing in our back yard; looked like a turnip, so I pulled. It looked like a white carrot, but smelled like a turnip, so I decided to sample it. I went to the hydrant, washed it off, smelled of it and took a big ol' bite. It nearly blew the top of my head off! My eyes watered, my nose ran, and it about took my breath away. Turns out, it was horseradish, that came up from birdseed my Mom had dumped back there. I do like it in cocktail sauce.

As for steak, I have always been a purist, but over the years, I have come to use a bit of Montreal steak seasoning and real butter. Prepare it a hour or two ahead of time, let it sit at room temp, cook it on the charcoal grill.

Does anyone put catsup on their fried okra? Not me!
Catsup on fried okra . . . yuck.

/ Answer me this... #153  
Speaking of steaks and mustard......
Here is a secret ingredient used by grill chefs in some of the highest rated steak houses...Dry Mustard...!
Used judiciously you won't even know it on a steak...The steak will just be that much more flavorful...it just brings out the natural beef flavor...!
OK, picked up some ‘dry mustard’ from Albertsons yesterday. I will add some to my custom steak rub and we'll see how it turns out. Love to experiment with BBQ. I cook everything over open flame with mesquite wood. I’ve also tried apple, cherry and oak.

Can’t do it today as the wife is cooking up some green Chile and pork stew for Sunday dinner. This should cause the same reaction as horse radish: sweat, red face, cleared sinus, but with much better taste. :)

/ Answer me this... #154  
Who puts anything but salt on fried okra ??

To sample what dry mustard does to a steak...take two steaks from the same cut and don't put anything but salt and pepper on one and the same with just dry mustard on the other...no other rubs etc...cook the same and do a taste test...

/ Answer me this... #155  
Who puts anything but salt on fried okra ??

To sample what dry mustard does to a steak...take two steaks from the same cut and don't put anything but salt and pepper on one and the same with just dry mustard on the other...no other rubs etc...cook the same and do a taste test...
This is the brand I chose.

Attachments

• B07AC7CB-B2FA-41B1-9F49-6AFACBDAF782.jpeg
    B07AC7CB-B2FA-41B1-9F49-6AFACBDAF782.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
   / Answer me this... #156  
This is the brand I chose.

That's good...

You don't have to use steak...gets some ground round, sirloin or even chuck and make some sliders etc...try it on some of them and do a taste test...

It's not a miracle spice...it just brings out the natural flavor of beef...!

most "steak sauces" and a lot of rubs overpower the natural flavor of meat...there are a few exceptions if used judiciously...like Béarnaise etc....

/ Answer me this... #157  
Tried out a new restaurant the other day and had an array of salt to pick from. Pink, gray, white , some dark color not sure. Several others.

The name as Coastal Salt Traders. Very good gumbo and delicious salmon.

/ Answer me this... #158  
Many years ago, I found a strange plant growing in our back yard; looked like a turnip, so I pulled. It looked like a white carrot, but smelled like a turnip, so I decided to sample it. I went to the hydrant, washed it off, smelled of it and took a big ol' bite
Man finds strange plant growing in the backyard..... Man takes a big ol' bite....Who does that? Oh, sorry, you do. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

/ Answer me this... #159  
You had to have been there...:cautious: