Anticipated Reply

/ Anticipated Reply #11  
Between human nature and...the nature of the beast (Internet forum)...TBN is still pretty amazing IMO...

The one time, got answer and gone users are typical of any forum that has quality content...and a good majority of them could find what they seek on their own but find it easier to join the forum to ask others to hold their hands and lead them to what they're after...

Not to change subjects...but just think how awesome this site would be if there was not so many deserters...for whatever reason a lot of folks including a lot of high quality insight, foresight and overall great advice givers...stop posting...Sure some pass away (that's life...er..)...some get P.O'd and leave...others just get bored with the typical back and forth...

Back to the topic...more important than any "thank you" posts...is the final resolution to the original query...As popular as TBN is on the Internet many search engine queries lead to TBN...I don't have to tell anyone how bad it sucks to see someone else asking about a same problem and end up finding there is no solution on what you have been reading... OP posting a final resolution is golden IMO...

/ Anticipated Reply #12  
Yes, but when people take the time to try and help someone out; it would be rather courteous to let them know their help was useful;or at least how the problem was resolved.

/ Anticipated Reply #13  
I've seen what majorwager is talking about. I would consider it a gesture of appreciation/common courtesy- you have a problem - post it on TBN - get many or few responses - the problem is solved - post the "fix", how it solved the problem - thank everybody. I don't think a lot of people understand how the follow up and a thank you leaves everybody feeling good.

Even if one leaves out the 'thanks', common courtesy calls for a post saying what the final outcome was.

/ Anticipated Reply #14  
Just think of it as good training for those with closure issues. Makes me think of a Big Bang Episode dealing with Sheldon's need to see everything to completion.

/ Anticipated Reply #15  
Just think of it as good training for those with closure issues. Makes me think of a Big Bang Episode dealing with Sheldon's need to see everything to completion.
Sheldon grew up in Iowa I believe but I doubt he ever has been on a tractor...so dangerous! If he had, ALL our problems could be fixed in no time.

/ Anticipated Reply #16  
I’ve often thought that these threads may have been done for someone who was not computer literate by a friend or relative just to try to get an answer to a question, I know some folks are pretty inconsiderate but even they know how to say thanks.

/ Anticipated Reply #17  
Strange how some threads just take off with seemingly endless responses and others simply wither and quickly disappear. I wonder the result when a member seems to actually have a problem solving response, and yet the recipient dashes away with problem solving advice, never bothering to acknowledge same.

And yes, the quality of the thread can determine replies and some threads are less than interesting, like this one as an example. And yet we start threads, reply to posts, all in the spirit of assisting TBN reach the next goal of 6 million.

EDIT:
INDUSTRIAL: And yet you might show a gesture of courtesy upon receiving said directions, maybe?

I just read a thread about a shutoff/stalling issue. I read through it all and the overlapping idea's was a safety or neutral switch. I was only going to guess but my "guess" was mentioned many times so I didn't. In 2 pages they OP posted that it was a neutral sw in a hydro tractor and acknowledged it, end of story, problem solved. I get a bit of pleasure knowing that this OP (imho quite "mechanical" minded and not a "newbie") got his answer with a little help from our nerdy tractor community.:thumbsup:
This 'closing the loop' topic comes around every so often. It should happen more but when your down, all your worried about is the issue keeping you sidelined.

/ Anticipated Reply #18  
Like Rusty said, a "closing the loop" complaint thread comes up about every 6 months or so. Usually about the same time someone posts a thread complaining about how people alway ask the same questions without using the search function to see if it has already been discussed a bunch before! Gotta love that irony. :drink:

Bottom line is that some people love to complain.

/ Anticipated Reply #19  
Or just..........................:stirthepot: :confused3:

/ Anticipated Reply #20  
Like Rusty said, a "closing the loop" complaint thread comes up about every 6 months or so. Usually about the same time someone posts a thread complaining about how people alway ask the same questions without using the search function to see if it has already been discussed a bunch before! Gotta love that irony. :drink:

Pretty much everything tractor related has already been discussed. The forum would be dead if that happened. Some people get upset if a thread goes off topic. Most threads could be wrapped up with a page of information. How much is there to discuss on one subject?