Any M7040 Issues

/ Any M7040 Issues #11  
good choice on the M7040. good price if well maintained.
that price will get you substantially more tractor than L, Grand L, or MX series. rock solid equipment
you'll like the limited slip ft differential as well. happy trails

/ Any M7040 Issues
Didn't make it to have another look, going to try the first of the week.
Got to thinking about something that just didn't seam right. My buddies JD5065e (65HP) tractor is much taller then this one. The JD hood is about 6 feet above the ground and Kubota hood I can see over the top easy, maybe only 5 feet. Reminds me of my other buddy that has a 50HP tractor. The Kubota does have R4 tires but should have a 4 cyl turbo charged motor

/ Any M7040 Issues #13  
spec out the weight of those models against the 7040. your call. rear loaded tires make a big difference. if you're after more mass, maybe Mahindra? MXX40 series (imho) is one of K's better utility series. Scope out your buddy's model on Deere forum, wise to shop around for peace of mind.
after a few generations of tractors, my M series is all i need from here on out.

/ Any M7040 Issues #14  
As for the John Deere 5065e, the pre 2016 had very tall hoods and bad visibility. The 5 series are built in India with mediocre build quality. In 2017, the 5 series was redesigned with a more sloped hood and in 2018 with better ergonomics, but still a mediocre tractor. The Kubota M70X0 and M60X0 are still better built.

/ Any M7040 Issues
I want Kubota, my comment comes from the visual size of a 65 to a 70 HP tractor. No issue if its lower, that means it has a lower center of gravity. Just want to make sure a 70 is a 70 and not a 50 with a 70 hood

/ Any M7040 Issues
If it was heavy equipment, you can look at the ID plate and determine what it is, not sure how to determine the Kubota

/ Any M7040 Issues #17  
Didn't make it to have another look, going to try the first of the week.
Got to thinking about something that just didn't seam right. My buddies JD5065e (65HP) tractor is much taller then this one. The JD hood is about 6 feet above the ground and Kubota hood I can see over the top easy, maybe only 5 feet. Reminds me of my other buddy that has a 50HP tractor. The Kubota does have R4 tires but should have a 4 cyl turbo charged motor

My John Deere 2020 is also taller than my Kubota M7060...all that means is that I have to stand up on the John Deere to see what's directly in front of me whereas on the Kubota I can easily see over the low sloping hood even while seated. My John Deere is ~55 hp; the Kubota is ~70. Both have Ag tires. And yes, there's a 4 cyl turbocharged engine in the Kubota. Not on the John Deere. But I have to wear ear plugs while working the John Deere whereas the Kubota is nice and quiet. I like both tractors!

/ Any M7040 Issues #18  
Been looking at this one for a month, M6800 with low hours, the main issue for me not calling is its 4 hours away to go have a look. The M6800 has a tad more HP but the PTO HP is the same. This is a good setup and would like to have it, but its a 2005 and is more then the local one. If its legit not bad

25 Kubota m68 - farm & garden - by owner - sale

I'd jump on that.

/ Any M7040 Issues
Had another look at the one in town, and it has some issues. Looks like it wasn't taken care of very well.
A nit is the wiring going to the tail lights had been ripped out and patched back in but that isn't an issue.
The right brake pedal is on the floor and doesn't move up even pulling it.
The loader works real slow doing anything, and this may just be filters, but could also be something else. Has a switch on the loader handle for a 3rd function, just guessing but may have had a grapple
He came down to 20K

Went to Barlow's and a new open M7060 is 36K
Has a used M7040 which needs rear tires and full cab for less

Guess I have some thing to think about

/ Any M7040 Issues #20  
you deserve credit for both posting on this forum and for a careful eye when buying used. You're the one in charge, & wise not to get caught up in the fervor of buying the 1st thing you see. As far as new....patience. something will come along in the months ahead, esp @ this time of year.
just avoid the buying compulsion of the marketplace as the holiday season approaches. keep us informed