Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely?

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #41  
If you had three or four come-alongs I wonder if you could pull a couple of the other trees slightly to the side and then pull the leaner off of them?
To be honest though I probably wouldn't want to be in its vicinity for a while. Maybe rope off the area and put pink flags on the rope so you don't accidentally get in the wrong zone later.

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #42  
Just put an old tire right here filled with used motor oil and some gas. Light 'er up and watch the fun.
Invite everyone over...chairs, popcorn & drinks.
2023_08_15_20.40.48.jpg

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #43  
I would clear an escape route, then nibble away at the tension side with my pole saw fully extended.

Bruce

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #44  
Must be a veryyyyyyyyyyyy long pole saw.

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #45  
Just put an old tire right here filled with used motor oil and some gas. Light 'er up and watch the fun.
Invite everyone over...chairs, popcorn & drinks.View attachment 816269
I was thinking tannerite,

then, when the WOW-ing and OMG's are done, return to the back porch and have a BBQ.

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #46  
Possible alternative: 20 ton digger to smash the butt off and then drag the head off the other trees. There will be some damage to the other trees.
Is htere room to get this size of digger to site?

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #47  
I know it's a nagging concern for you. I have a couple BIG, leaning Ponderosa pines. Dead from the Pine bark beetle. I'd like to get them down also. But I've had experience with trees like this - backdrafting, when I cut them down. Fortunately - I was not standing directly behind the tree. I would have been cut in half.

I will take the easy way on these pines. Let Mother Nature and time bring these down.

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #48  
A small tractor doesn't have much pull in a direct line but if you can get a long steel cable and a number of snatch blocks or pullys you can multiply that buy say four then you have enough grunt. To. Pull over the small tree and pull the bigger one down to a safe position
I find my set of pulleys and a couple of cables invaluable for such things

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #49  
A couple hundred bucks is a helluva lot cheaper than you getting hurt or killed in my book. I quit cutting storm damages wood in our woodlot a long time ago.
I have several of these on my property, local arborists want about $4K each to take them down. I'm going to let mother nature deal with them for now as they are not threatening anything.

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #50  
Any chance of getting a bucket truck or lift near the top to release it from the other trees?

Doug in SW IA