Any suggestions

/ Any suggestions #11  
   / Any suggestions #12  
You can buy standing rib metal roofing cut to any length you want at most home improvement stores like Menards of Lowes. Our barn is in standing rib and we had it redone 2 years ago, took 2 men 2 days to complete and they bought (ordered the standing metal sheets in the length of each side) so no seams and no overlapping. Not getting up there either, too dam old.

When I added on my shop one of the contractors fell off the roof and really screwed himself up and he only fell about 8 feet into dirt.

/ Any suggestions #13  
Materials to do that garage would run about $2000, thats speculating on the size.
I helped my father replace his hail damaged metal roof on his motorhome garage. It looks to be roughly the same size and it took us two days to remove and replace the metal.
I fully understand the height phobia. First job I had out of high school was installing cedar shakes. Thought I would die until I got use to it.

/ Any suggestions #14  
I don’t like heights but I especially hate getting on tall ladders and higher roofs. One story is about my limit. You do get used to heights though. That said I’d hire it done. I read you have a budget but if you get hurt is that in the budget.

/ Any suggestions #15  
The last guy who came out to look at doing my barn roof repair said the ladder slid out from under him on his last roofing job. He shattered his leg, ankle and foot. They put a rod in his leg along with a bunch of screws. He said the doctors told him one more fall could mean they'd have to amputate, and he has $130k of unpaid medical bills. I won't hire him because even I worry one misstep could send him tumbling and cause him to lose his leg.

One thing that a roofing crew does that makes it safer is they have a guy up near the peak to screw down the roof. They have a guy lower at the eve to screw it down in that area. They don't have to scramble up and down like a single person would. Plus they have helpers on the ground cutting the metal and feeding it to them so they minimize having to walk on the roof.

Metal is different to install than shingles, especially for one person trying to handle long sheets that want to slide off a roof pitch like that before it can get screwed down.

/ Any suggestions #16  
The installers here also wore magnetic boots! I always thought a rental place ought to rent air bags. If you did fall, no injuries.

/ Any suggestions #17  
I added a garage to our house and had a tall 10/12 pitch metal roof. I had 2x4s left to right every 2 feet so O had basically a ladder to walk up. I always worked from the side of the sheets I was working on so it worked out well. I did notice how fast a screw gun could slide down and hit the pavement though. I don't bounce that well. I also recall how 10 years ago I started sliding to the edge of a big 4/12 pitch roof with 14' sidewalls. Luckily I skidded to a halt from screw heads right at the end. I would pay to have your roof done or else nail stringers right to left to act as a ladder. Good luck.

/ Any suggestions #18  
I own a power washing business and wash a whole lot of metal roofs. Imagine standing and walking on a metal roof that is slathered in slippery soap! I use a vehicle, tree, or anything solid, tie a rope to it and pull it over the roof. I tie it around my waist and always keep it at a length that will not allow me to slide off the edge. Works great! Other than that, pull your man card out and get to work! 😊

/ Any suggestions #19  
I have a 6/12 second story and could not imagine myself doing it. We bought the material and had a roofer do it, took a chance on an unlicensed guy.

Whoever slipped off that 4/12 it must have been wet.

/ Any suggestions #20  
I have a 6/12 second story and could not imagine myself doing it. We bought the material and had a roofer do it, took a chance on an unlicensed guy.

Whoever slipped off that 4/12 it must have been wet.
The 4/12 roof had a lot of tree pollen and dust on it. I was washing it off and the areas that were clean and wet, walking was fine. When one side of the roof was clean I was walking to the other end at the peak level when I stepped on a dirty and wet spot. Down I went. It was a fairly slow ride just scratching and clawing as I slid. I must have built up enough friction to stop just before the edge. I was wearing shorts and no shirt and looked like I tangled with a bobcat when I got down.