Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year?

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #631  
Hey Gooy! Do I bother putting out new feed? Been gone for a week and a half and aren't seeing much activity albeit a dry feeder.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #632  
Hey Gooy! Do I bother putting out new feed? Been gone for a week and a half and aren't seeing much activity albeit a dry feeder.
Mine are still here and will be all winter. I am refilling about every 4 days.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #633  
Mine are still here and will be all winter. I am refilling about every 4 days.
Yeah my neighbor keeps it going all winter. I hibernate. 😂 I guess I should keep the action going.

In the 35 years (and parents before that) I have not put out the feeder but a few times during the winter.

But I have had hummers on a snow covered feeder before!

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #634  
During the dead of winter I refill about once a week, maybe more often if it warms. Keeping it fresh is the key.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #635  
If the feeder freezes you have to swap it out for liquid at dawn in the winter. If you aren't going to be regular, don't start.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #636  
If the feeder freezes you have to swap it out for liquid at dawn in the winter. If you aren't going to be regular, don't start.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #637  
I do not know if I had a run on the feeders or if I simply spaced out for a few days and forgot to check them, but for the first time in about 2 years my feeders were empty at once. I hope I did not lose any customers.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #638  
Hummingbirds have left for the winter. Will keep the feeder out as sometimes we get a few on their way south.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #639  
Our hummers disappeared a couple of days ago.
There are no hummers around here in the winter. I've never heard of anybody feeding them in thehe winter.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #640  
Our hummers disappeared a couple of days ago.
There are no hummers around here in the winter. I've never heard of anybody feeding them in thehe winter.
We have one type (Annas Hummingbird) that lives here year around. Fun to see them even in the snow (which we rarely get). Our mild marine climate is the reason they can survive.