Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year?

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #851  
I think you guys have Rubies at your feeders, you just don't see them.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #852  
Nah. I think the MI birds just haven't got the word yet about a harsh winter coming. It's the peninsula-communication-isolation-effect.....

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #853  
It's the peninsula-communication-isolation-effect.....
There is a tiny part of Washington State that you can only get to from Canada or by water. They are also really isolated.
Point Roberts.jpg

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year?
This is a fall 2022 migration map. If you scroll down and click on the dots on the map it will show the last date someone saw birds in various locations. It looks like they're gone for most of us and headed to warmer weather for a while.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #855  
No information from the West Coast. Annas winter here every year. Gonna install a feeder heater this year to avoid being strafed by hungry hummers at dawn when their feeder is frozen.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #856  
Are you going to buy a heater or make one? I have been meaning to do that as well.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #857  
I hadn't seen any for several days. Thought sure they were gone, which would have been about 2-3 weeks early. Then just a little while ago, I almost got speared by one headed for the feeder. I think mine are gone and this one is a migrant.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #859  
Did see one humming bird today, wife saw one also. Most are gone, those two probably passing thru.

/ Anyone else have an unusually large number of hummingbirds this year? #860  
We had a lot of hummers this summer, but they have left for the season as the weather turned cooler.