Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts?

riptides

Tractor
Kubota ZTR, RTV, MX6000
I wonder what will happen when you get out of your car and use your cell phone to park the car. Not kidding.

I think the days of parallel parking on the drivers test are numbered.

It always bugged me that the driving test would fail someone for not being able to parallel park, but did not even bother to test one's ability to merge onto a highway.

Parallel parking can be avoided very easily. Merging is fundamental. (MIF?)

the old grind

Elite Member
Tractor
NH T-1520 HST, NH TC33DA HST, Case DX26 HST, .Terramite T5C, . NH L785
I can't wait to ride thru' traffic circles in my self-driving car. Maybe next year ...

CobyRupert

Tractor
JD 5075E
I like the roundabouts (or traffic circles). They keep traffic flowing and you and a bunch of other cars aren’t sitting their unnecessarily at a red light when there’s no traffic on the cross street. Talk about being a slave to a robot (traffic light) …or the government. I often stop at red lights and then drive through them if there’s no other cars around. (My answer to: Does a tree in the forest make a sound if…)

With traffic circles, all you have to do is look to your left and if it’s clear: Go. How simple is that?

Of course, I also believe all intersections should just be a Yield sign….but in many places the drivers are so bad there’d be too many four car accidents!

I went to Iceland this summer. Drove a couple thousands miles, mostly on the main southern coast highway. I think I encountered 2 Stop signs the whole trip. One was at the exit of a parking lot .

Last edited:

Doofy

Elite Member
Tractor
LS XR 3135HC
Hate 'em.

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 39

deserteagle71

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 diesel, Kubota M7060HDC12
Fatality #3 since March at this new roundabout....

Torvy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Looking to purchase a Compact Tractor in 30-50 HP range.
More evidence that young people should not be allowed to drive trucks.

Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating here. Truck. under 25. Roundabout. Trifecta. Throw in some bike enthusiasts, a cell phone and a Coors light and it would be carmageddon.

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Speed and driver inattention... expect the same or similar results with a stop sign. Thankfully I don't have to admit some of the stupid things I did at that age.

rademamj1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK4010 SEHC, Kubota GR2120, Gravely Proturn 460
Just went through a traffic circle today here in the Philippines, where a heavily over weighted truck carrying concrete power line poles, hit the circle with too much speed and with his top heavy load, rolled the truck on its side crushing a small Toyota Vios next to the truck. I drove by just minutes after it happened, and long before any emergency services arrived on location. It was a tragic mess. Truck driver reportedly tried to run away, but was detained by some other drivers.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4
Fatality #3 since March at this new roundabout....

Wasn’t the roundabouts fault.