Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts?

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #221  
I wonder what will happen when you get out of your car and use your cell phone to park the car. Not kidding.

I think the days of parallel parking on the drivers test are numbered.

It always bugged me that the driving test would fail someone for not being able to parallel park, but did not even bother to test one's ability to merge onto a highway.

Parallel parking can be avoided very easily. Merging is fundamental. (MIF?)

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #222  
I can't wait to ride thru' traffic circles in my self-driving car. Maybe next year ...

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #223  
I like the roundabouts (or traffic circles). They keep traffic flowing and you and a bunch of other cars aren’t sitting their unnecessarily at a red light when there’s no traffic on the cross street. Talk about being a slave to a robot (traffic light) …or the government. I often stop at red lights and then drive through them if there’s no other cars around. (My answer to: Does a tree in the forest make a sound if…)

With traffic circles, all you have to do is look to your left and if it’s clear: Go. How simple is that?

Of course, I also believe all intersections should just be a Yield sign….but in many places the drivers are so bad there’d be too many four car accidents!

I went to Iceland this summer. Drove a couple thousands miles, mostly on the main southern coast highway. I think I encountered 2 Stop signs the whole trip. One was at the exit of a parking lot .

Last edited:
   / Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #225  
Hate 'em.

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 64
   / Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #226  
Fatality #3 since March at this new roundabout....

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #227  
More evidence that young people should not be allowed to drive trucks.

Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating here. Truck. under 25. Roundabout. Trifecta. Throw in some bike enthusiasts, a cell phone and a Coors light and it would be carmageddon.

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #228  
Speed and driver inattention... expect the same or similar results with a stop sign. Thankfully I don't have to admit some of the stupid things I did at that age.

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #229  
Just went through a traffic circle today here in the Philippines, where a heavily over weighted truck carrying concrete power line poles, hit the circle with too much speed and with his top heavy load, rolled the truck on its side crushing a small Toyota Vios next to the truck. I drove by just minutes after it happened, and long before any emergency services arrived on location. It was a tragic mess. Truck driver reportedly tried to run away, but was detained by some other drivers.

/ Anyone like traffic circles-roundabouts? #230  
Fatality #3 since March at this new roundabout....

Wasn’t the roundabouts fault.