Anyone pull a moldboard plow behind a two wheeler?

/ Anyone pull a moldboard plow behind a two wheeler? #11  
DSCK0007.jpg

At the pic there you will see our 8hp Gutbrod with the plow. sorry that there are no pics showing how it works.

The result of work depends on the soil. I have seen the Video about the Vari and have wondered about how easy it could be steered. For here I would say it is hard to plow with the Vari System. We have owned a few Gutbrod Terra-Combi. The Vari is built after the Terra-Combi License. But it never was that easy with this System.

There is a side in Germany, where you can find 2wheeler enthusiasts

einachser forum :: Index

you can ask Your questions there, too, in english.

Most of these guys use there walkbehinds for nearly everything instead of a farmtractor.

Here is the link to the picture section:

Redirect

/ Anyone pull a moldboard plow behind a two wheeler? #12  
Hi Bill,

We're waiting on a single furrow plough for our Grillo G131 Diesel. We have had to order an extra frame and wheel weights for it as well. It's not due in til early Jan 09. We have incredibly tough and hard soil down here in Oz so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Will take a video and post early next year.

Cheers

Andy

/ Anyone pull a moldboard plow behind a two wheeler? #13  
Hi Bill,

Do you have any photo's of your trencher? Have seen a unit made by "Wes-Tech" in the States but haven't seen anything available down here in Oz.

Cheers

Andy

/ Anyone pull a moldboard plow behind a two wheeler?
Hey Andy,

I bought mine used (but very little) after Joel told me they were overpriced for what they did. I think he also told me they're discontinued, but I could be wrong about that. Here's a pic I stole off Joel's website of one -

minitrencher.jpg

It cuts a trench 2 inches wide by 6 inches deep, about perfect for laying irrigation line. Unfortunately, I don't irrigate :p I've only had it a short time and might resell it if I can't find enough uses for it.

Bill in WI

/ Anyone pull a moldboard plow behind a two wheeler? #15  
Hi! Me too I want buy a moldboardplow. I think after more 2K years Plowing is again one best thing for soil, Do not pulverise it as a rotaryplow or tiller. a lot more GENTLE. JOEL write me I need at least 130 lbs weight for my Grillo 107d So We need 400-500lbs two wheels-tractor for plowing. BUT I find on Grillo adv. this pict. one Grillo 107d with plow and steel wheels I think this one are better than tires for pull and could need less weight. Good luck Oldmech

Attachments

• plow2.jpg
    plow2.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,400
   / Anyone pull a moldboard plow behind a two wheeler? #16  
Hi Bill,

Can you let me know if you decide to sell, we'd be interested in buying yours specially if they are no longer available.

Cheers

Andy

/ Anyone pull a moldboard plow behind a two wheeler?
Hey all,

Thanks for your input. I found a one way moldboard plow in Michigan and think I'm gonna buy it. I also found a two-way in Washington state, but the guy won't separate it from the 735 he has for sale and didn't really wanna go through the trouble of shipping it.

Hey Andy,

I'll keep you in mind, but wouldn't the freight to Australia be a killer? I mean, you could just buy plane tickets for my wife my kid and I and we'll put it in our carry - on luggage...:p

Lemme know how your plow works when you get it.

Hey Oldmech,

it just may work like your picture shows. I guess if it doesn't, you could always buy the weights later. I'm gonna get some weight brackets to mount cast iron bench press plates. Joel says his will hold 100 pounds a side.

Hey Mac,

I tried your link and got prompted for a password. I spent three months on a dairy farm in Nordfriesland in Deutschland back in 1999. I had started to learn Deutsch but lost it all since :(

Hey 2manyrocks,

I agree that the rotary plow is impressive, but 1600 for the two-way kinda hurts. I'm gonna buy a moldboard plow for now and save my pennies to buy one next year or the year after. When I do, I'm gonna make the 515 mile trip and pick it up personally. I just wanna see Joel's place once.

/ Anyone pull a moldboard plow behind a two wheeler? #18  
Hi Bill,

Yeah it would be but unfortunately we don't have much of an option as nobody in oz brings the trenchers in. 2 wheelers are few and far between in oz despite the fact that the Howard company produced one of the first 2 wheel Rotary Tillers (dedicated tillers only) and there were literally thousands of them across the country. When they died out (many are still to be found rusting on farms) the tradition of anything 2 wheel went with them. These days there is a resurgence in 2 wheel popularity but very few distributors bring in the attachments and from what I can tell there are no Australian manufacturers of attachments. You guys are so lucky, seems you have a number of companies making gadgets for them. I found this one for the trenchers and they do ship O/S but at US$1,300 (AUS$2,200) plus freight, its way too expensive for what it is.

WES/TECH RESOURCES, INC. > BCS 712/722

If you've never been to oz, perhaps the holiday would be an option!

We have a local engineering shop in the small country town near where we live and I'm going to have a talk to them about converting a small differential (if I can find one). There's gotta be another way!

Cheers
Andy

/ Anyone pull a moldboard plow behind a two wheeler? #19  
I think I paid about $75.00 for my gravely rotary plow and my gravely tractors vary in what I paid, but I would guess around $400 would get a good running unit today. For that matter, $400 would probably get both the tractor and the rotary plow.

Even with the dirt shield, my rotary plow throws dirt a fair distance. I have also been warned that hitting a large root or rock with it can get a person injured. It can't be good for the earthworms.

If moldboard plows are hard to find for your particular machine, I suppose you could always find a brinley type plow for a garden tractor and fabricate the brackets to adapt it to your machine. Certainly, Oldmech has proven he can adapt anything he decides to adapt.

/ Anyone pull a moldboard plow behind a two wheeler? #20  
@farmerboybill

if you want to join the german forum, I will try to help you out.

<holderracer@web.de>

this is the emailaddy of Greg, which is owner and webmaster of the forum.